White principal goes on a racist Tirade calling out all the ungrateful dumbass Black kids….. black teachers co-sign him

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town

African American Literacy Statistics

June 5, 2023 by Danny McLoughlin

Literacy rates have been shown to be a key factor in determining outcomes of everything from the likelihood of going to prison. On the other hand, the conditions a person grows up in – such as the literacy rate of their parents and poverty – have a significant impact on a child’s chances of gaining reading proficiency.

The number of African American adults with low literacy skills has remained relatively stable since 1992.

The estimated literacy rate among African American adults (aged 15 and above) in the United States is approximately 88% as of 2020
While it was around 90% for White Americans.

The overall literacy rate in the United States is around 86%, making the African American adult literacy rate slightly higher than the national average

African American literacy rates have significantly improved over the past half-century, increasing from approximately 60% in the 1960s to the current rate of around 88%

Factors contributing to the improvement in African American literacy rates include increased educational access, improved educational quality, and government initiatives targeting socio-economic disparities and racial inequalities

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
I'm not around educators. Can you explain this?

Black schools have always been under-resourced. It was true 150 years ago, and it's true today...

These nikkas always wanna shoot straight to "the community", parroting racists, instead of the environment "the community" is afforded...

One can talk about poor-behaved children without empathizing with a racist. Like @BaggerofTea said, it's always a group of black folk who think the racist isn't talking about them...
we all know black schools have been under resourced historically. Now I am seeing schools that are resourced in black communities that are still failing.

This school I was talking about was:

1. A Brand new facility. Less than 5 years old
2. State of the art labs, gym, computers etc
3. Fully funded and brand new equipments
4. The campus itself was amazing. It rivaled some top of the line high schools I have seen over the years

The problem is not always the funding. It comes down to our own communities priorities and what we want to put our attention on. Point blank the parents dropped kids off and there was no other pressure to make sure they are actually being taught. The new school my girls niece went too was about the same size but nowhere as near as nice.

They simply held themselves to a higher standard academically.

Veteran
Daps
I mean what else is there to do except teachers do better jobs, that’s the job they signed up for

We know these kids is fukked up, kids been fukked up for years, really it should be alarming how the community just ignored the kids, but teachers still got a job to do

School is really the only hope for a lot of these kids

You make it sound easy.

Just teach and say a couple of inspiring words, that's all you gotta do brehs. :wow:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
we all know black schools have been under resourced historically. Now I am seeing schools that are resourced in black communities that are still failing.

4. The campus itself was amazing. It rivaled some top of the line high schools I have seen over the years

The problem is not always the funding. It comes down to our own communities priorities and what we want to put our attention on. Point blank the parents dropped kids off and there was no other pressure to make sure they are actually being taught. The new school my girls niece went too was about the same size but nowhere as near as nice.

There are alot of factors here, you hit on one. What was the priority in making sure that school was staffed adequately? That's an issue that goes beyond the parents of the community, many of whom certainly wouldn't know how to put pressure on the people in authority. You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig, meaning if that school wasn't staffed adequately (enough teachers, teachers with experience, experienced leadership from the principal to guidance offices, etc), all that other shyt was just for show...

And I'm all for holding parents accountable. I have two baby momma's, I'm seeing this shyt in real time. One is super involved in our kids' education, the other isn't. What I'm not with, though, is blaming the "bad ass kids" who aren't responsible for the situations they come from. We seeing that up and down this thread. Children have to be taught what to prioritize. If a child was never taught that education is a priority, that isn't the child's fault, kids aren't born "bad". And I can have a conversation with anyone on the state of our community and people, I'm not doing this dapping up the racist shyt though...

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps

You can't put a bandaid on an open wound.

Look at how many hours their parents are working, what kind of resources they have at home, what their bills are looking like, etc.

All of this shyt boils down to people not having enough money to spend quality time with their kids. And even if they do, the stress from work keeps them from making whatever little time they have quality.

This is unavoidable. It always boils down to this. People never use common sense when looking at this.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I'd really, really be interested in a detailed perspective from you on this topic. Because I can't get with black people not condemning this racist, and I can't get with black people acting as if we can't succeed in education. Our kids aren't worse than anyone else's, the conditions most of our kids are born into are...
I was in school in New York City right when Bloomberg was de-consolidating the schools breaking up big campuses into smaller schools because the violence, truancy, drop out and graduation rates, teen pregnancy, drug usage, test scores were so bad.

I would say it was a lot worse as a whole in the 80’s, 90’s, early 00’s than now although there are some cities in the U.S. that could be worse like Baltimore can’t speak for them.

And yeah it’s the condition kids are born into and the culture that arises from it.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
There are alot of factors here, you hit on one. What was the priority in making sure that school was staffed adequately? That's an issue that goes beyond the parents of the community, many of whom certainly wouldn't know how to put pressure on the people in authority. You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig, meaning if that school wasn't staffed adequately (enough teachers, teachers with experience, experienced leadership from the principal to guidance offices, etc), all that other shyt was just for show...

And I'm all for holding parents accountable. I have two baby momma's, I'm seeing this shyt in real time. One is super involved in our kids' education, the other isn't. What I'm not with, though, is blaming the "bad ass kids" who aren't responsible for the situations they come from. We seeing that up and down this thread. Children have to be taught what to prioritize. If a child was never taught that education is a priority, that isn't the child's fault, kids aren't born "bad". And I can have a conversation with anyone on the state of our community and people, I'm not doing this dapping up the racist shyt though...
All facts!

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
im talking in general.

but people probably arent up in arms about this because if youve been around black schools you know what it is.

its kind of like that Chris Rock OJ joke..
"im not saying he's right...but I understand" is probably most folks response to it

people get mad when you say stuff like that go walk into your local HS or take a peek at scores

we dont take school serious
^^^MESSAGE^^^
people don't parent no more.

It's why many are looking for other ways to educate their kids whether that be home schooling or private schooling.

shyt has become glorified day care and babysitting at far too many schools. And over the years the administration/board/government has stripped educators of their power with their policies.

Bring back corporal punishment, actually FAIL mufukkaz instead of passing them on. Start there. :yeshrug:

you can throw millions at "bad" schools all you want but if the mentality doesn't change (especially at home), it doesn't matter.

shyt STARTS AT HOME. Tell my sons if we ever get notices from teachers that you are acting the fool, it's gonna be a fukkin problem. I will come to the school and embarrass your black ass in front of everyone and fukk you up again when you get home. Both my wife's parents were teachers, I'll be damned if you out here acting like a jackass.
Exactly. I got my ass BEAT when the teachers complained that I was talking in class.

Never a problem after I got the belt :hubie:
I mean what else is there to do except teachers do better jobs, that’s the job they signed up for

We know these kids is fukked up, kids been fukked up for years, really it should be alarming how the community just ignored the kids, but teachers still got a job to do

School is really the only hope for a lot of these kids
Yea but teachers cannot do that for schools filled with wayward kids. That’s the point.

Teachers used to step up for the kids who were falling in between the cracks, and that was admirable.

But now you have schools filled with kids falling in between the cracks. This is a COMMUNITY problem, not teacher problem.

We have shytty parents, overworked single parents, etc and the kids are the ones who suffer.

You can tell the kids who come from stable backgrounds. They’re usually the kids who got picked on if they were a little nerdy or a “teacher’s pet”

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I was in school in New York City right when Bloomberg was de-consolidating the schools breaking up big campuses into smaller schools because the violence, truancy, drop out and graduation rates, teen pregnancy, drug usage, test scores were so bad.

I would say it was a lot worse as a whole in the 80’s, 90’s, early 00’s than now although there are some cities in the U.S. that could be worse like Baltimore can’t speak for them.

And yeah it’s the condition kids are born into and the culture that arises from it.
= community problem, not teacher problem

:manny:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
These kids are going to college at rates that their parents only dreamed of, and y'all calling them dumb. The math ain't mathing.

It’s irresponsible to say this in a vacuum. There are a plethora of nuances that must be considered for this to even make sense are be pertinent to the discussion.

And the first link didn’t validate your points listed in your post…. Didn’t read the other links because of that.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
The absolute worst part of this are black educators defending this racist...
The small hats caught a stray too if the Black c00ns backed him up the small hats should get him out of there.

But they need to tell it all the whole school team knew what they were getting into probably graduated bottom of their class and working off student debt to either quit or go out on disabilty.

The Bigotry of low expectations works both ways work at a wack ass school with the children of single mothers and No one makes any demands It's like being a Baltimore school teacher noboy's gonna get fired just because no one in the class can't read.

Go to a better school district and if the test scores ain't up you're getting shytcanned.

Veteran
Daps
These kids are going to college at rates that their parents only dreamed of, and y'all calling them dumb. The math ain't mathing.
And this also only proves that no matter how well black children do, people will call it a lie. You won't accept black achievement even when it's staring you in the face.

For every story about a teacher who kept kids in line and helped them succeed because of threats and beatings, there are stories about abuse and bullying pushing kids to drop out and think they don't have any chance at achieving. Good teachers don't need to threaten to beat kids. My mom was a teacher too, in one of the roughest schools in the inner city and she never threatened to beat anyone but her kids loved her.

I didn't call anyone stupid. I said it was ironic and dumb for a generation that was less literate, educated, and pregnant to call these kids dumb because the stats say they are outscoring their parents on all of those measures.

That's your story though. It's not generalizable. Also fear doesn't produce good grades and test, just compliance. The fear of a whupping isn't gonna make your SAT score jump.

So because something is posted on the internet it's 100% a good source?

It’s irresponsible to say this in a vacuum. There are a plethora of nuances that must be considered for this to even make sense are be pertinent to the discussion.

And the first link didn’t validate your points listed in your post…. Didn’t read the other links because of that.

Dudes post anything backing their talking points and act like it's facts.:mjlol:

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh

Not really commenting directly on what you said, but I'm almost sure you're from or have lived in Pittsburgh, so I pulled up this craziness on Google.

"Pittsburgh Obama 6-12 is an above average, public, magnet school located in PITTSBURGH, PA. It has 832 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 14% of students are at least proficient in math and 41% in reading."

"Overview of Pittsburgh Obama 6-12The school's minority student enrollment is 82%. The student-teacher ratio is 14:1, which is worse than that of the district. The student population is made up of 56% female students and 44% male students. The school enrolls 100% economically disadvantaged students."

Those numbers encompass all students; not just minorities. But FOURTEEN PERCENT PROFICIENT IN MATH?! Now, "minority" covers a whole lot of people, but I had family that went to Obama, I've been to 2 of their graduations, and "minority" is mainly us.

Like you said, it's up to us to prioritize our focus. As of now, education isn't the focus.