White people made extraordinary wealth and wage gains under Barack Obama...But Black folk lost wealth under Obama

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I don’t know what’s going in here

But as a black male…. I did pretty well under Obama’s term.

Work was steady.
Leveled up educationally wise.
Got my house…. Not apartment but HOUSE.

Also a lot of my friends leveled up too.

One of my boys who is black started a company and became a millionaire. Another of my dudes is a CFO of a hospital and doing really well!

I know more black people that thrived than didnt

During Trumps era…. A lot of shyt went down and fukked up

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can someone educated on this matter provide an explanation explaining causes for the dip in black wealth during that time period?
The great recession followed by austerity policy and quantitative easing disproportionally affected lower income households, while the rich profitet from the asset inflation caused by low interest rates. Basically, if you were below a certain income level you probably lost your job and/or house and were affected by rising rent and cost of living while those above a certain income level held stocks and real estate and saw the value of their assets increase. Since black people mostly belong to the first group their wealth decreased.

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps
No, the expectation was that when he had a majority in the Senate and House, that he could have put up a call to Congress to address it while they had the power to do it. He did no such thing. Remember, when he first came in the Democrats had a majority in both sides of congress. Budget bills also only require a 51% in the Senate as per the Byrd rule (Reconciliation) since 1990. He and the Democrats had the power to do something, they chose not to.

In 2009 when Obama entered office there were 257 Democrats and 178 Republicans in the House. In the Senate, there were 49 Democrats & 49 Republicans with 2 Independents who caucused with the Democrats. So with the Vice President being the Tie Breaker, since Independents leaned to the Democratic side, he had a good chance of accomplishing something if he had actually had put in the effort to do so.

110th Congress (2007–2009)

Majority Party: Democrats (49 seats)

Minority Party: Republicans (49 seats)

Other Parties: 1 Independent; 1 Independent Democrat (both caucused with the Democrats)

Total Seats: 100

Note: Senator Joseph Lieberman of Connecticut was reelected in 2006 as an independent candidate and became an Independent Democrat. Senator Bernard Sanders of Vermont was elected as an Independent.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

111th Congress (2009–2011)

Majority Party: Democrats (57 seats)

Minority Party: Republicans (41 seats)

Other Parties: 1 Independent; 1 Independent Democrat (both caucused with the Democrats)

Total Seats: 100
Powerful posting

Daps
Where tf you been? This is old.

New York will offer payments of up to $15,600 to undocumented immigrants affected by the pandemic, in a sweeping move which could benefit nearly 300,000 people in the state.
Other undocumented immigrants who are unable to meet the same level of verification will be eligible for $3,200the amount of federal assistance payments many Americans have already received

c00n babble. Other ppl get checks: Ukrainians, Syrians, the whole damn Hasidim in NYC and NYS, I could go on...
COVID made a lot of people money. The Ukrainians and Syrians were displaced because of war. However, I’m not of a fan of the US always bailing everyone else out. The Jews are all on welfare, which is why they never get legally married. You know many black people, particularly single mothers get section 8, food stamps, cash welfare, and childcare vouchers. And like I said, there are grants for businesses, but you have to apply. My city has an RCA program that fixes major home repairs and renovations for free, funded by the city for low income home owners. My mom finessed the city, and got new siding, a new roof, new front stairs, and a whole new bathroom. The money is there. Nobody is knocking on your door to give it to you. The fact is, most people in the hood aren’t even trying. I know this. You know this.

I’m not opposed to us getting money, I’m just saying other groups are not getting the kind of money you think they are. Illegals only get to come here for asylum because of the conditions in their country. They aren’t securing real estate, or anything before they come, and they can’t work self supporting jobs legally. We can work legally. This is not a third world country. The Mexicans are outside waiting to get picked up to make $100-$200 a day doing construction. Does it sound like they are living well?

Daps
You not serious about reparations if all you boil it down to is checks breh
No interest home loans
5 years of our choice no income tax
School funding
Mental health resources
Business grants and business tax incentives
Student loan forgiveness
Free community college

Keep in mind, they will audit the hell out of us out of spite, so mind your Ps and Qs.

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
Its simple, his econmoic proposals and policies that he signed into law was very beneficial for corporations and the already wealthy...He did not sign into law any polcies that address the Black working class in this country..Yea you will get alot of his bootlickin supporters who will cite surface level things...But when we get down to the nitty gritty, the result of his polcies are an exceleration to zero wealth for Black American by 2050 (perhaps sooner)

At this rate of higher costs of living, exponentially increasing inflation, financial illiteracy, and overall degeneracy in our community… that “Median Black wealth will be $0 by 2050” prediction will be sped up to 2035.
:hubie:

fukk ‘em. That doesn’t apply to me, mine, and those of us in our community that are wise and have made/make good decisions.
:yeshrug:

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At this rate of higher costs of living, exponentially increasing inflation, financial illiteracy, and overall degeneracy in our community… that “Median Black wealth will be $0 by 2050” prediction will be sped up to 2035.
:hubie:

fukk ‘em. That doesn’t apply to me, mine, and those of us in our community that are wise and have made/make good decisions.
:yeshrug:
You selfhating c00n :mjlol: :scust: