White-passing biracial chick wins Miss Black University of Texas

spaceships

Rookie
Daps
Mixed people are not black, black people need to stop saying this shyt
Miss Black UT 2017 empowers young women - The Daily Texan

Journalism senior Rachael Malonson, who is biracial, has noticed a lack of diversity in the media throughout her time at UT and said she wants to change that.

“Through the struggle and confusion of finding my identity as a biracial person, I grew to understand it as a strength,” Malonson said. “You don’t have to look a certain way to be a certain race. If I win, I’ll be able to host an event where I’ll talk about diversity in the media and help students understand how they can make the media more diverse.”

She gave an speech about how mixed race people are never represented in black communities too. She's just trying to get in where she can fit in. She reminds me of the lead character in Dear White People.

Last edited:

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Miss Black UT 2017 empowers young women - The Daily Texan

Journalism senior Rachael Malonson, who is biracial, has noticed a lack of diversity in the media throughout her time at UT and said she wants to change that.

“Through the struggle and confusion of finding my identity as a biracial person, I grew to understand it as a strength,” Malonson said. “You don’t have to look a certain way to be a certain race. If I win, I’ll be able to host an event where I’ll talk about diversity in the media and help students understand how they can make the media more diverse.”

She gave an speech about how mixed race people are never represented in black communities too. She's just trying to get in where she can fit in.
But I'm sure she plays both sides of the fence for her benefit, why the fukk are black people to be blamed for her identity issues? I don't see anything about cacs in that article . Why are we the default group to accept others when people are half black? Go run to the cacs, were the only race that accepts half breeds with open arms

1/2 Man 1/2 Hennessy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Daps
Reppin
Seattle

C-3erSoXsAUw69X.jpg

Shorty on the right:ohlawd:

This gotta be joke tho... right?:dahell:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
But I'm sure she plays both sides of the fence for her benefit, why the fukk are black people to be blamed for her identity issues? I don't see anything about cacs in that article . Why are we the default group to accept others when people are half black? Go run to the cacs, were the only race that accepts half breeds with open arms
we got more important things to be upset about , I wonder do white folks get as upset over meaningless shyt like this

spaceships

Rookie
Daps
:francis:
Most of the judges were are primarily Pawging or mixed raced themselves . Maybe they felt for their future offspring.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
we got more important things to be upset about , I wonder do white folks get as upset over meaningless shyt like this
Of course they do. People regardless of race do similar things. I think it's just certain segments of the various racial groups that put energy into it though. This is a random contest that if not posted here how many would know about? Even if it is more popular how does it affect each individuals day to day dealings? I understand why women do this even if I disagree but men I don't get at all.