White collar office job brehs, is this your typical work day?

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
@Obreh Winfrey breakdown your typical day :mjpls:

:mjlol:

A for real typical day for me is to front load 2 or 3 hours of work before being bogged down by pointless meetings. Then do whatever I feel like for the remainder of the day. Thing is, I accomplish similar to when I was sitting around in the office for 6-8 hours. There has been absolutely nothing that expressly requires my presence in the office. My meetings have been virtual from day 1, even when half the people I was working with were sitting right next to me. We weren't even using cameras :mjlol: . So all the MFs scrambling for reasons to sit in some silly ass office can miss me with the bullshyt. I can concede that there are some white collar jobs that you should be at the same location for. But a whole lot of "business" people, project managers and shyt like that, are 100% redundant and only want to be in the office to be visible. If they aren't seen, they literally won't be missed, and there would be no reason to keep them on payroll.

I already knocked out 75% of my work for Monday, you can bet I'll be fukking around and collecting my check
full

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
As a developer, my day is way busier than that, but depending on the company, breakfast and lunch and free coffee are provided for. A bank I used to work at even had he kitchen open for dinner (though it was expensive). I'd imagine more millenial friendly companies would have those sponsored events after work.

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
I got my government office job last month . Its been busy but that's from training. Not bad for two thirds of our training group works from home.

I could too but its only a ten minute drive without getting on the freeway.

LuuqMaan

Superstar
Daps
Shw works in the Tech field and the upper big wigs will see this and say fukk this I can send these jobs over to India and pay them smelly Indians $9.00 a day.
As someone who does quality checking regularly with off-shore Indians, they have the WORST quality of developing anything.

A level 5 bug fix can turn into a blocker. ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE dealing with them.

You rather a good working product than trying to cut corners

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
She'll be one of the first ones laid off once the Recession gets in full swing. And probably hasn't acquired any worthwhile skills at all.
:francis:
But she's white so I'm sure she'll be alright. Probably got rich parents to mooch off.

I hope folk can see (and I talked about this throughout the pandemic) that companies are hella fickle and can’t be trusted. Thry went from crying about not having enough workers (remember all the sobbing articles?) to having to cut staff in months. Tech is going to get slaughtered, unfortunately. A lot of cushy jobs and a lot of companies that are coming off hyper growth. Stock market going to shyt and thryre going to keep hiking.

Inflation is a problem when it leads to wage increases. That shyt was going to get shut down.

In the good times, remember the bad times and prepare.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I manage a pretty large team so typically my day is a bunch of meetings, maybe 1 hour of real work, sit on couch and watch tv for an hour or so. If I don't have meetings then I have not much to do. usually on Fridays in free all day so I just go out and chill.

Ya Sinning Mane

Superstar
Daps
I do the same shyt at McDonald’s everyday I go to work

I cook a couple things
Eat a couple things

Go smoke a blunt and a cig
Tell them lil nikkas to handle it while I’m gone
Play Xbox on tablet at work in the back
Or a switch depends.

Repeat process til work is done

Yea I ain’t shyt

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I manage a pretty large team so typically my day is a bunch of meetings, maybe 1 hour of real work, sit on couch and watch tv for an hour or so. If I don't have meetings then I have not much to do. usually on Fridays in free all day so I just go out and chill.
Sounds like a team that’s ripe for cost cutting. :ahh:

hatealot

Banned
Daps
Nah.
I work for all my hours and then some. I got backlogs i manage.
Do not get it confused. People are working.
I hate these convos because you get all these responses from people who have time or work in this magical world called IT.
Somebody lying to these kids.
My job isn't able to be automated. I have to negotiate everyday.

But go ahead, let some light skinned Redbone and some nikka who scammin or living off some type of inheritance tell it.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shawty is just an intern + it’s likely a “slow” day

Most white-collar/tech jobs are not very demanding.

Delayed gratification…4 years(lowkey really 2) of a decent GPA….you can have a pretty chill 20-30 year career