White collar office job brehs, is this your typical work day?

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
Shw works in the Tech field and the upper big wigs will see this and say fukk this I can send these jobs over to India and pay them smelly Indians $9.00 a day.

They could have done that a decade ago. The reasons it will not (and doesn't work since plenty of companies have already tried) are due to cultural differences and the fact that the majority of workers overseas are just not as good.

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
in some ways, probably but in other ways you sound like some head of product who has never done the jobs and think they can be easily shipped overseas to asia for 1/5 the cost with no loss of quality :wow:
You know now that you bring it up thats not to bad of an idea....:ehh:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Funny enough, yes, most of my days are very similar. I don't do much and I get paid a lot. At my last gig it was even worse cause my ass would be on the top floor sleeping in a cozy suite overlooking downtown Chicago.:heh: I don't want to be in the office long term but if I lived downtown, my ass would be doing the same shyt this woman in OP did.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Shw works in the Tech field and the upper big wigs will see this and say fukk this I can send these jobs over to India and pay them smelly Indians $9.00 a day.

Also the Tech industry are having a massive freeze and they have been cutting massive jobs:

The underlined is not going to happen. This has been the boogeyman since the late 90s for tech jobs and it doesn't happen that way. I have worked with 4 big companies now that do keep an overseas staff but doesn't offload a ton of work due to time and cultural differences as well as less accountability when work is subpar. If your support or dev team overseas is fukking up, it takes way too much to reverse course and companies know that now.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
I just interned at a big financial firm, and a co-worker of mine was asked to make a "Day in the life" video just like this, a lot of these companies like when you put shyt out like this because it puts them in a good light.:yeshrug:

We both worked in the tech department there, and both finished work early, and/or didn't have much to do most days, nor did we have to be in the office like that. Office life in the tech industry is a straight breeze.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Primarily, I work from home, but I got a corporate office gig. I’m able to pop up to our satellite location in my city, eat food, drink coffee, go to nice ass lunches on the company dime, and such.

But I’m an introvert and I hate that stuff.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yeah, I'm an IT breh who works from home most days and I have my fair share where I do little else but log into the VPN and reply to a couple emails.

What's that old saying? Don't hate the player, hate the game. :manny:

That said, I'm only talking about myself, not office jobs in general. It's obviously going to depend on your specific job and where you work.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wouldn’t stay late for free food if I had other plans, and idk why you think someone who only showed up for free food would be working the whole time.
the way i look at it is if FREE FOOD is a perk that actually matters to you when you're making career decisions, and not just a cool extra perk, then they are not paying you close to enough lol.

especially people who get hyped over free cereal and shyt. that costs like 75 cents, that's best western maybe even motel 6 (it has been a minute since i stayed at a motel) type shyt.:mjlol: