White collar office job brehs, is this your typical work day?

Spence

Superstar
Daps
This is what I envision the people in HR do all day.
Really depends on a few things. If the company needs to hire then HR does a lot. But if there’s no need for expansion and nobody is getting fired or laid off than a single hr person isn’t doing shyt but sitting there reading emails and watching YouTube videos. The small company I used to work for turned her into the accountant as well since she was never around until someone was fired/laid off but still paid her for an 8 hr day :pachaha:

Daps
I don’t really work at the office that much anymore since they allow me to work at home. But my base office has a full kitchen, on each floor with free coffee, snacks. and beverages. and a food court with every type of cuisine. But we have to pay for the food court. We can give vouchers to visitors we work with for projects, but it’s a pretty chill environment.

I’ve drastically improved my mental health from not getting on the 6:48 am train, getting into Penn Station, walking several blocks to Times Square to get the shuttle train to Grand Central, then doing it all over again at the end of the day. I was getting home around 7:30pm every night.

:hhh:

Rakpo98

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I work from home now, but before the pandemic, this was pretty much how office life was for me. Working at tech companies, I’ve noticed that bosses try to cater to those employees that like to come into the office. The video in question is just propaganda, to attract younger people who prefer WFH lifestyle to come into the office. I don’t know how effective this propaganda works, but I will say that there are younger people who miss hanging out with co-workers their own age, so this might attract that segment of the workforce back into the office.

Tech companies are leaning towards hybrid duties, so you can WFH 3 days a week, and come in 2 days a week. That’s the best of both worlds. If you’re gonna make people come into the office, make it worth their while. I miss those office breakfasts though. That video made me miss the fruits and oatmeal/eggs we’d get every morning :to: