while i'm sure it will surpass it one day, why was there no word of Ant Man doing GREEN LANTERN #s??

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
People said the same thing about guardians.

I really think its a bit of comicbook fatigue. Jurassic world showed the people want that old thang back

I don't think its comic book fatigue on the whole. No doubt there are people who feel that way, I mean how can you not? I think it just boils down to my theory that not everyone feels the need to see everything. And the marketing for it was meh

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I don't think its comic book fatigue on the whole. No doubt there are people who feel that way, I mean how can you not? I think it just boils down to my theory that not everyone feels the need to see everything. And the marketing for it was meh
Marketing did suck and did not highlight some of the diverse supporting cast members at all. However people know what they're going to get with a Marvel movie. I wonder if Suicide Squad may DMX the game?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Marketing did suck and did not highlight some of the diverse supporting cast members at all. However people know what they're going to get with a Marvel movie. I wonder if Suicide Squad may DMX the game?

That could be a thing. Maybe people just know the formula at this point but i don't think they believed it'd be a big hit though for real. They only put 120-150 into it, so they weren't expecting a huge hit, not even on the level of guardians. They knew this was a tough sell going in. It'll definitely make its money back for them but i don't know how well it will do over here especially with this weekend and next having stuff for everybody that can potentially cut into its money

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
People said the same thing about guardians.

I really think its a bit of comicbook fatigue. Jurassic world showed the people want that old thang back
I am hearing this more and more but AoU was a lazy uninspired sequel and antman was an obscure character that produced formulaic movie. If civil war, ss and bvs under perform then we'll know the fatigue has set in

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
They tried to kickstart the DCU with Green Lantern, even had Angela Basset signed for a multi-picture deal as Amanda Waller to "bridge" the universe but the flop ultimately altered those plans

Even so it isn't in any way related to the current DCU in which Snyder is the "showrunner" and directors like Ayer and Jenkins signed on. Writers like Terrio and Lord/Miller. they have NOTHING to do with that Green Lantern joint.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I am hearing this more and more but AoU was a lazy uninspired sequel and antman was an obscure character that produced formulaic movie. If civil war, ss and bvs under perform then we'll know the fatigue has set in

Word I'm with you on that one..but it's crazy to say comic book fatigue when Age of Ultron still made a billion bucks:russ: I don't think it was ever going to make as much as the first one, regardless of fatigue or not. Like you said, let's see what things look like in March

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
It's Ant-Man...the movie should'nt have been made in the first place because nobody gives a flying fukk about Ant-Man
Exactly

They took a decent character and made him hot just with acting, creativity, good directing, and a good script.

Same thing with GOTG

I think Dr. Strange will be there next big C-List character movie, especially after Civil War comes through. After that the fatigue might start to set in but I still will watch a BP movie depending on how they make the character, script, etc.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
it's crazy to say comic book fatigue when Age of Ultron still made a billion bucks:russ:

I'm with you but at the same time Furious 7 and Jurassic World made more which tells me a few things.

1. a diverse cast (Fast and Furious) is a real thing that Hollywood should invest in.

2. action heroes in the mold of Arnold/Stallone are still a thing that people want to see in the theater (Vin Diesel is like this, The Rock, etc.. remember The Rock opened up to $50M with a new IP in San Andreas)

3. dinosaurs are still king.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm with you but at the same time Furious 7 and Jurassic World made more which tells me a few things.

1. a diverse cast (Fast and Furious) is a real thing that Hollywood should invest in.

2. action heroes in the mold of Arnold/Stallone are still a thing that people want to see in the theater (Vin Diesel is like this, The Rock, etc.. remember The Rock opened up to $50M with a new IP in San Andreas)

3. dinosaurs are still king.

:salute: all awesome points. Jurassic world is about to become the 3rd highest grossing movie of all time. That's crazy when I think about how half the coli was shytting on it saying it would flop and its a mistake and why is universal "ruining our childhoods"

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

Word I'm with you on that one..but it's crazy to say comic book fatigue when Age of Ultron still made a billion bucks:russ: I don't think it was ever going to make as much as the first one, regardless of fatigue or not. Like you said, let's see what things look like in March

Yeah I did feel weird saying fatigue when it did make that much money but if more people feel like Roman that the movies are becoming uninspired and formulaic are people really going to get that excited for the next one?

That being said as a non comic book reader I am very excited for civil war