while i'm sure it will surpass it one day, why was there no word of Ant Man doing GREEN LANTERN #s??

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
but he isn't.

DC starters are:
Worlds finest; superman, batman, wonderwoman.
Their B squad is:
Justice League next tier: GL, Flash, Aquaman
Their C squad is:
Shazam, Martian Man Hunter, Hawkman / girl

ANT-MAN is definitely marvel b squad...he is a founding member of the avengers, has been in stories for decades upon decades, and has been key man for their biggest stories ever...don't try to sell him like "oh he's some sidekick guy" NAH, nice try.

That's exactly what he is though. Dude may have been around forever, but even moderate comic fans could care less about him. On his best day he wouldn't be a B-teamer

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Ant-Man was a damn good movie but if you thought that $57M number was low, I can't imagine Doctor Strange or Inhumans or Captain Marvel doing better. Can y'all? Ant-Man was always more popular than the aforementioned. He's been around forever and involved in many popular story arcs.

This is why they made the deal for Spidey. They need more heavy hitters.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It was supposed to be the start though breh.

Were there seeds planted because I honestly have no recollection of that at all. It was a piece of shyt movie that I'd like to forget :mjlol:

I've always read it as Man of Steel being the start. I think when Green Lantern came out the NOLANVERSE was still active.

Yeah, Green Lantern came out in summer of 2011. The Dark Knight Rises didn't drop until summer of 2012.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Were there seeds planted because I honestly have no recollection of that at all. It was a piece of shyt movie that I'd like to forget :mjlol:

I've always read it as Man of Steel being the start. I think when Green Lantern came out the NOLANVERSE was still active.

The original plan was that it would be their thing after Nolan was finished since they knew he was ending batman the next year, which is why they had Amanda in it. Obviously it didn't work out but all the talk i heard and all the articles i read before it dropped was that it was supposed to be that thing. Then it flopped and they said "lets just start over with superman then"

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The original plan was that it would be their thing after Nolan was finished since they knew he was ending batman the next year, which is why they had Amanda in it. Obviously it didn't work out but all the talk i heard and all the articles i read before it dropped was that it was supposed to be that thing. Then it flopped and they said "lets just start over with superman then"

Makes much more sense to start with Superman and then go into Batman and Wonder Woman, etc.. Green Lantern is a legend but he's not Big or Pac.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Makes much more sense to start with Superman and then go into Batman and Wonder Woman, etc.. Green Lantern is a legend but he's not Big or Pac.

They figured he was the way in..why they figured that I still have no idea. On the real though, it worked out because had green lantern taken off, we wouldn't be getting the deadpool flick next year

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Lets be honest brehs. :beli:

Until the Avengers came out in 2012, they were a B-tier team AT BEST. :mindblown:

Nobody was checking for any Avenger not named Hulk/Thor/Captain America (Even the Cap is a stretch):camby:

Ironman went from not mentioned at all to probably being the reason why the Avengers movie even came out and the rest of the superhero movies as well.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
because nobody ever heard of ant man before the trailer dropped

everything about this movie is begging me to watch once it hits on demand

People said the same thing about guardians.

I really think its a bit of comicbook fatigue. Jurassic world showed the people want that old thang back

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People said the same thing about guardians.

I really think its a bit of comicbook fatigue. Jurassic world showed the people want that old thang back

My buddy just talked me into going tonight lol

Rebel Soldier

He’s good
Daps
Reppin
Georgia
I specifically remember reading how Green Lantern was supposed to be the start of a DC Cinematic Universe. The film being a critical and commercial disappointment obviously derailed all of that. The film even had an after credit scene. I'll see if I can find any old articles mentioning it because it was a point of discussion on comicbookmovie back in 2011.