Which of these 8 R&B tracks released in ‘01 takes the cake?

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
All I know is out of all these songs, Differences was the only one already on my playlist.

All of them were great. I didn’t really like More Than A Woman as much as I liked Aaliyah’s other songs.

All 4 U was popular

So was Family Affair, etc.

Good year for RnB. I heard Maxwell is dropping a new project too

You’re right tho. ALL of them were great! 15 years from now, we will still talk about music we grew up listening to. No Cardi B, No Nicki, NO amigos. There music has no substance. I may twerk my ass to it but Saturday’s morning I’m cleaning my house while playing MJB No More Drama Album or 100% Ginuwine

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
It’s Over Now...that flip of the Mobb Quiet Storm beat.:ahh:

What is this numbers in yo pockets
I remember when youuu
Used to throw them things away
:mjcry:

Damn, just realized we was suppose to pick 1

Differences is probably my favorite from the bunch today

It is beautiful song. The women were gorgeous, all sizes and complextions :thumbsup:

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
Musically, 2001 seems like two totally different years. Early 01 was totally different than late 01

I gotta go with Usher though. The way the bassline follows the melody in certain parts and the way the bridge sounds... :wow:

Jon B is a close second, but I'd put Koffee Brown's "After Party" as the best song of 01

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Case got this. You know you old when you get years confused. I thought that came out when I was in hs but I’d already graduated two years before
:mjlol:
Everydaaaay I wanna pick up the phoooone and tell you that your everything I need and moooooooooore... if only I could find you!
:ohlawd:
This song is the only answer for me. And it wasn't even close.

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
Case - Missing U was my first instinct & then Usher's U Remind Me

Both are great songs. I just turned 11 when Ushers- U Remind me and U Got it Bad came out. When I mean everyone and the momma was singing it... Usher is one of r&b GOAT based off 8701 alone succeed with Confessions

I liked the whole trilogy in music videos back in the day

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
Nah fam i aint a cac. You played yourself saying that jon b is culture appropriation. Any real r&b head wouldnt say that. I dare you to explain if Im wrong and also explain when us black people cancelled Mary J Blige because I dont remember that at all. We may have been disappointed in a couple of her choices but never cancelled her. So explain breh :troll:

How in the hell is white a when...

1. His name is song reference

Name one white person that you know @AquaCityBoy that knows this song and the soundtrack.

2. Name one white person who is even familiar with the players club and know one quote

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
nikkas trying to erase Kellz outta the history books like he ain't dominate 2001:russ:
TP-2.com_-_R._Kelly.jpg

Blacked out on the end:wow:
"Boohoohootee Boohoohootee booogggaaateee"

Absolutly But feelin on yo booty is my jam