Where does the South start?

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When I was little and would be riding to NC with my parents, I always felt like I was in the south after we passed that real old building on the side of I-95 in Richmond.

This sounds like a conversation I had with my brother in law. He was living in Lakeland, FL (midway between Tampa and Orlando), talking about he was living "in the south". And I was like :ufdup: "You ain't really living "in the south" with all them Puerto Ricans and Dominicans down there, breh... It ain't a down south type mentality" Ya'll stopped being "southern" somewhere around Jacksonville..."

North Florida is the south

south Florida is the north/latin america

krexzen

All Star
Daps
I'm in Raleigh. Some spots are country, other areas, the spots that have been built up cause everybody is moving into the area, have no "southern" feel to it, other than the presence of a Bojangles or Golden Corral.

How's it like, are home/land prices cheaper there (an acre of land is expensive in Maryland)? I always wondered what it would be like to move to North/South Carolina. I just don't want to end up in some klan territory. I drove to North Carolina a year ago and seeing those confederate flags was :no:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
How's it like, are home/land prices cheaper there (an acre of land is expensive in Maryland)? I always wondered what it would be like to move to North/South Carolina. I just don't want to end up in some klan territory. I drove to North Carolina a year ago and seeing those confederate flags was :no:

breh i live in mo county and pay like 1200 for a 1 br. in greensboro nc i was paying 1000 for a 3 br :snoop:

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn

Homes are probably cheaper here than Maryland, but it depends on where you at. Right now homes/land is getting type expensive around here, but it's mainly due to the convenience of having a shorter commute to the areas that most people work. I have a 10-15 minute drive to work right now. The cheaper areas are where most folks are going, and they sacrifice convenience. So if you alright with having to commute from a longer distance and having to deal with traffic (I-40 around here is :mindblown: during rush hour) you will find a good price. If you wanna stay close by the job piece, you will need to up your dough.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The south starts halfway through virginia we do NOT claim northern virginia at all them nikkas on they own shyt

shyt even some spots in NC dont feel like the south tbh :manny:

Like where? The only part of NC that doesn't feel like the South to me is Greensboro because of all the DMV transplants who go to school there.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Like where? The only part of NC that doesn't feel like the South to me is Greensboro because of all the DMV transplants who go to school there.

There's parts here in the Triangle (Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill) that has a lot of transplants too. In fact, this one suburb, Cary, is said to stand for "Containment Area for Relocated Yankees"

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I'm born and raised in the 757, and people where I live now, Florida, tell me I'm from up north. It's a matter of perspective in some cases.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
:upsetfavre: Hell naw cuzz. Pennsylvania and Washington must be the south too then? fukk the census bureau

Central PA is usually called Pennsyltucky or "Alabama in the middle" because of the hicks and shyt that goes on.

As for Washington, ofc none of it is Southern. Federal Government has too much influence to make the city all slow running when you got politicans always on the move.

TXTrill1

All Star
Daps
Reppin
TX
Central PA is usually called Pennsyltucky or "Alabama in the middle" because of the hicks and shyt that goes on.

As for Washington, ofc none of it is Southern. Federal Government has too much influence to make the city all slow running when you got politicans always on the move.
Alabama in the middle :bryan::troll:

but breh I think every state has some cities that are very Southern-esque but PA is not the south and Delaware damn sure AIN'T the south..Any southerner will tell you that but it's weird that it's actually considered the south :ohhh: damn..learn somethin new everyday

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Think we're all in agreement here...Virginia is the transition into the South. It's all relative. To people from New York, Virginia is the south. To people from Alabama, people in Virginia seem like city folk.

Mid-South: Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina
Deep South: Alabama, Mississippi :huhldup:, Louisiana, Georgia

In my travels, I've definitely noticed a difference between states deep, deep in the South and places like North Carolina. They just banned slavery in Mississippi this year :huhldup:

350px-Map-USA-South01.png