Where does the idea that white people only make unseasoned food come from?

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
Im a white person I think it goes back to the Irish and the British. Ive heard British food sucks but I've never had. But I do know of older Irish people that absolutely hate seasoning besides salt. That said when I cook I always use seasoning. But im also from NYC, possibly the culinary capital of the world so I've been exposed to so many different foods in my life

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
cacs put unnecessary shyt on their food but never add spices and seasonings. Don't know what's their fascination with putting raisins on damn near everything

The only time I've seen raisins used in real life was in an Ecuadorian empanada

:ohhh:
i thought OP was Black

My name is Cave Savage :heh:

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
Was at a seafood joint in the north Dallas areas yesterday. .....The fried catfish had NO seasonings, tiny flavorless hushpuppies, and the fries had only a speckling of salt....

Cacs are def the target demographic for that place. You know a bunch of bored miserable soccer moms in loveless marriages complained about the food being too salty, and they dialed it all they way down.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Im a white person I think it goes back to the Irish and the British. Ive heard British food sucks but I've never had. But I do know of older Irish people that absolutely hate seasoning besides salt. That said when I cook I always use seasoning. But im also from NYC, possibly the culinary capital of the world so I've been exposed to so many different foods in my life

I'm from New York too. I've only ate at a handful of white friend's houses over the years and everything I had was good. But every last one of them were Italian.

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
lazy housewives in the midwest using all canned everything or people in Missouri deep frying butter deserve the bad rap but there are so many good white chefs and cooks. food culture is so big now and theres a big push to use fresh ingredients, get creative, etc... people of all colors are taking food to the next level, but treating food seriously and doing things right in the kitchen is almost a movement right now. matter fact i kno someone white who owns a restarurant with her sister and shes one of the best cooks ive ever met

italian cuisine is one of my favorites and i have friends from southern italy who dont like the northeast traditional italian american style cooking. their school of thought is that seasonings shouldnt be overpowering and be used sparringly to bring out flavor instead of mask flavor

if you're simply just throwing adobo or lawrys on everything thinking you're seasoning your food you have no right to shyt on anyone :russ: