Where does the idea that white people only make unseasoned food come from?

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Originated in WASP cuisine of New England and the Midwest which is based on pre-conquest of India British cuisine. Which was widely considered as terrible.

Yeah, white Midwestern food sounds like trash. But it's weird because Central Texas is made up of German and Czech descendants and that region is known for really good barbecue. And the Southeast's white population is mostly from the British Isles. I'm not sure how much white and black Southern food differ, but I have to imagine there is more overlap than the rest of the country. Cajun food seems pretty similar to Creole food, for instance.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
It comes from the British and Scandinavian traditions. Many of their recipes are either bland or flat out nasty AF. Keep in mind these people killed and died over spices. The dominant culture in the USA was British, who are infamous for plain or just straight up nasty food. Many of the lightly flavored cacs that came over gave up their cultural identities to become white, so naturally the old ways were either completely lost or perverted to create disgusting monstrosities like potato salad with raisins in it or baked Turkey with just salt for seasoning.

Scandinavian food is known for being trash. England and Ireland do a few things well (pub food) but that's it.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
:leostare: Not sure how to address this
U might not know bc u white and dip your chicken in mayonnaise so anything taste good to u
OR
U lying
:patrice:
Because macaroni and cheese is ALWAYS something special :ufdup:

I've had black mac and cheese too which was definitely better but the white one wasn't bad. It was definitely better than that Kraft shyt.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Yeah, white Midwestern food sounds like trash. But it's weird because Central Texas is made up of German and Czech descendants and that region is known for really good barbecue. And the Southeast's white population is mostly from the British Isles. I'm not sure how much white and black Southern food differ, but I have to imagine there is more overlap than the rest of the country. Cajun food seems pretty similar to Creole food, for instance.
White Southerners have plenty of West/Central African and Native influence in their food which gave them the cheat code in their cuisine. White Northerners of British stock largely missed out on that.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
:scust:
from eating white friends mom's cooking in other words bad experience.
there was one white mom who did ok-ish.
her curry wors i still dream about.
her potato salad though:hhh:

Are you from Germany?
How do you fukk up kool aid tho?!?:laff:

They follow the directions on the package so it's not sweet enough

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
White Southerners have plenty of West/Central African and Native influence in their food which gave them the cheat code in their cuisine. White Northerners of British stock largely missed out on that.

That makes sense, traditional New England cuisine is not really popular besides a few seafood dishes.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
You are highlighting experts

These bbq experts don’t represent the general population