Where did the Power Rangers go wrong???

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't know this thread was still gettin luv... anybody got a link to the most recent reunion episode? My n*gga Tommy stay acceptin Power Ranger checks

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I just read through this entire thread and the memories man:ohlawd:

Power Rangers was the first kids show for a lot of us that introduced concepts of continuity, sagas, self discipline, and heroism. It was like visual crack, remember before it got popular and you had wake up at 6am to catch it every Saturday on Fox Kids? Then they moved it to to the 10am time slot right after Eek The Cat? Then the show BLEW UP and they moved it to 5pm weekdays right after Batman The Animated Series? Then the PRIMETIME Season 2 opener?

Power Rangers was our Breaking Bad, our Wire, our Scandal. Our MUST SEE TV. nikkas in the streets were emotionally invested in Tommy and Kimberly's relationship and the rivalry between Jason and Tommy. Little nikkas were happy to see nerdy ass Billy man up and ask a girl out for slushies at Ernie's juice bar. Zedd was gangsta on Suge Knight levels. The Putties were the incarnation of all the retarded kids you hated but were forced to play with at recess so you made them the generic putties so they didn't feel left out. I had a Dragon Dagger and was a GAWD to kids in the neighborhood and always got to be the green ranger.

Watching evil Tommy swag on Jason and crew for 4 glorious episodes:sas2:

Bulk and Skull on their Pinky and The Brain shyt:pachaha:

Zack the coolest brother who created a DANCING KARATE:whoo:

The MEGA-DRAGONZORD:krs:

The first movie with updated effects and visuals crushing the buildings :ahh:

Power Rangers was some epic shyt like I said until one day.... They introduced that goddamn kid and went Turbo. Zeo wasn't perfect but it was the last season that had that classic Mighty Morphin feel. Them being turned into kids, Goldar destroying the power coins, the quest to reunite the Zeo stone, the Alien Rangers, all classic stuff. Then you go from dinosaurs and fiercesome animals to..... RACE CARS??!!!!!!!!!!????:wtf::camby:

Seriously I never even saw the second movie, I saw the Kid take over for Rocky on the show and was like "fukk this:rudy:" I'm out. I remember later on catching I guess an introductory episode for some new characters with a black guy and an Asian chick talking on the bus but I never bothered to even learn their names and that was literally the last PR related anything I watched....

But man when that shyt was in its prime it was unfukkwittable. it literally united EVERY kid in school from thugs in training to nerdy white boys to regular kids, we ALL had power rangers in common:banderas:

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Power Rangers was the first kids show for a lot of us that introduced concepts of continuity, sagas, self discipline, and heroism. It was like visual crack, remember before it got popular and you had wake up at 6am to catch it every Saturday on Fox Kids? Then they moved it to to the 10am time slot right after Eek The Cat? Then the show BLEW UP and they moved it to 5pm weekdays right after Batman The Animated Series? Then the PRIMETIME Season 2 opener?

Power Rangers was our Breaking Bad, our Wire, our Scandal. Our MUST SEE TV. nikkas in the streets were emotionally invested in Tommy and Kimberly's relationship and the rivalry between Jason and Tommy. Little nikkas were happy to see nerdy ass Billy man up and ask a girl out for slushies at Ernie's juice bar. Zedd was gangsta on Suge Knight levels. The Putties were the incarnation of all the retarded kids you hated but were forced to play with at recess so you made them the generic putties so they didn't feel left out. I had a Dragon Dagger and was a GAWD to kids in the neighborhood and always got to be the green ranger.

Power Rangers was some epic shyt like I said until one day.... They introduced that goddamn kid and went Turbo. Zeo wasn't perfect but it was the last season that had that classic Mighty Morphin feel. Them being turned into kids, Goldar destroying the power coins, the quest to reunite the Zeo stone, the Alien Rangers, all classic stuff. Then you go from dinosaurs and fiercesome animals to..... RACE CARS??!!!!!!!!!!????:wtf::camby:A

Seriously I never even saw the second movie, I saw the Kid take over for Rocky on the show and was like "fukk this:rudy:" I'm out. I remember later on catching I guess an introductory episode for some new characters with a black guy and an Asian chick talking on the bus but I never bothered to even learn their names and that was literally the last PR related anything I watched....

But man when that shyt was in its prime it was unfukkwittable. it literally united EVERY kid in school from thugs in training to nerdy white boys to regular kids, we ALL had power rangers in common:banderas:
Epic post and great comparisons bro....

yeah Turbo f*cked me up..... when they went to SPACE though? That sh*t redeemed Turbo's failures...... I couldn't get wit the race car sh*t but In Space still to this day might have 1 of the illest finales. If there was ever a finale to go out on, it would be that one....

The Psycho Rangers and the TMNT crossover :blessed:

I watched a few of Lost Galaxy on Netflix, it was kinda dope. As a kid, I stopped watching at Turbo.. started again In Space, stopped after the finale cuz I felt it was done..... flipped the channels 1 day a few years later and saw Tommy as the black ranger like :huhldup: wtf is this?

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
I stopped after Time Force. Then I went later and watch the next three seasons afterwards. Dino Thunder and NInja Force were dope. :ehh:

In Space and Time Force are the magnum opus imo :obama:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don't know when it was but when they got the ninja costumes that's about the time I stopped watching that show. a lil after that. Wasn't that Zeo?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Power Rangers was some epic shyt like I said until one day.... They introduced that goddamn kid and went Turbo. Zeo wasn't perfect but it was the last season that had that classic Mighty Morphin feel. Them being turned into kids, Goldar destroying the power coins, the quest to reunite the Zeo stone, the Alien Rangers, all classic stuff. Then you go from dinosaurs and fiercesome animals to..... RACE CARS??!!!!!!!!!!????:wtf::camby:

I co sign all of this except that Power Rangers on at 6am thing. They definitely never did that around my way breh. It started as a weekday show and I remember that vividly because I used to set up our VCR to record it as much as possible as a kid or just be upset that I couldn't see it because I never got home early enough. And on those very rare days when I would get home early from school, it was heaven. If you woke up at 6 around my way on a saturday, Fox would be showing Iron Man and then Fantastic Four or sometimes the Incredible Hulk. Power Rangers then came to Saturdays in 94 to capitalize on how big the show was and Fox just figured why not crush the competition on Saturday mornings too? Which always put me in a bind because it was on the same time as Sonic on ABC so I was torn between two things I loved dearly

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I co sign all of this except that Power Rangers on at 6am thing. They definitely never did that around my way breh. It started as a weekday show and I remember that vividly because I used to set up our VCR to record it as much as possible as a kid or just be upset that I couldn't see it because I never got home early enough. And on those very rare days when I would get home early from school, it was heaven. If you woke up at 6 around my way on a saturday, Fox would be showing Iron Man and then Fantastic Four or sometimes the Incredible Hulk. Power Rangers then came to Saturdays in 94 to capitalize on how big the show was and Fox just figured why not crush the competition on Saturday mornings too? Which always put me in a bind because it was on the same time as Sonic on ABC so I was torn between two things I loved dearly
Parents groups were complaining about the violence, that's probably why it was 6am. Of course this was pre columbine.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Parents groups were complaining about the violence, that's probably why it was 6am. Of course this was pre columbine.

Breh it never came on at 6am that's what I'm saying. You can look at broadcast history and find that out. Parents were complaining but the ratings were out of this world. It was an instant hit not just with the tv show but the merchandise. It premiered on a saturday and then ran the following monday and was on weekday afternoons then they put it on weekends on 8 or 830. Peep game:

http://www.inthe90s.com/saturdays.shtml

That's the schedule for saturday mornings for the entire decade. And I know from personal experience Iron Man and FF were on at 6 and 630

But I'll also concede that it may have been different where homie lived than from where I lived.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Yes I vividly remember the entire fox kids lineup and your right about Saturday's except I remember a time right before the show blew up where it was only Saturdays and THEN they moved it to weekdays. I'm probably wrong about the 6am thing though because I remember Princess Guinevere And The Jewel Riders (I had sisters don't judge me) would come on mad early, then Fantastic Four, then Power Rangers and Masked Rider would come on around 11-12 and then either Where On Earth Is Carmen Sandiego or AJ's Time Travelors would close out.

Fox Kids to this DAY had the GOAT Saturday morning shows. C-Bear and Jamal, Bobby's World, Spider-Man, Xmen, :blessed:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yes I vividly remember the entire fox kids lineup and your right about Saturday's except I remember a time right before the show blew up where it was only Saturdays and THEN they moved it to weekdays. I'm probably wrong about the 6am thing though because I remember Princess Guinevere And The Jewel Riders (I had sisters don't judge me) would come on mad early, then Fantastic Four, then Power Rangers and Masked Rider would come on around 11-12 and then either Where On Earth Is Carmen Sandiego or AJ's Time Travelors would close out.

Fox Kids to this DAY had the GOAT Saturday morning shows. C-Bear and Jamal, Bobby's World, Spider-Man, Xmen, :blessed:

:ohhh: I remember that too. Never really watched it but I do remember the opening credits before turning the channel. But yeah the way I remember it, it premiered on a Saturday, then it was straight to Mondays the next week and then they eventually put it on saturday permanently because of the ratings on weekdays and it crushed sonic

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh it never came on at 6am that's what I'm saying. You can look at broadcast history and find that out. Parents were complaining but the ratings were out of this world. It was an instant hit not just with the tv show but the merchandise. It premiered on a saturday and then ran the following monday and was on weekday afternoons then they put it on weekends on 8 or 830. Peep game:

http://www.inthe90s.com/saturdays.shtml

That's the schedule for saturday mornings for the entire decade. And I know from personal experience Iron Man and FF were on at 6 and 630

But I'll also concede that it may have been different where homie lived than from where I lived.
Oh ok, I should have said where he lived. My, bad breh. I know when I was in Canada, we would get the us and Canadian channels, so I could see power rangers multiple times per day, even MMPR.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Oh ok, I should have said where he lived. My, bad breh. I know when I was in Canada, we would get the us and Canadian channels, so I could see power rangers multiple times per day, even MMPR.

Yeah man in Maryland, or at least the part of Maryland close to DC where I live, it was on every weekday