Where did the Power Rangers go wrong???

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It may be awful but the scenes with blue ranger hating on the red ranger makes it bearable :lolbron:
Man...why you even watching that BS? :scusthov: :trash:

If I felt like marathoning some Power Rangers, I'd probably throw In Space or Time Force on. Maybe RPM.

I love the aesthetic of SPD. The alien costumes, the sets, and the SPD uniforms. The cast is great too.

But the show is :trash:. Every character in that season is a fukking a$$hole, and it's every episode. They're a$$holes to each other, to their superiors, to their subordinates. They're even a$$holes to the Dino Thunder rangers, who were supposedly their idols, and they treat them the same way Omega treated them when he came from the future, which they were pissed about. Plotlines are dropped for 20+ episodes and brought up again like they were there all along, and characters forget lessons they learned and have to relearn them, or act out of character to fit the episode's plot.

Still a better season than Megaforce/Samurai tho. :yeshrug:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I love the aesthetic of SPD. The alien costumes, the sets, and the SPD uniforms. The cast is great too.

But the show is :trash:. Every character in that season is a fukking a$$hole, and it's every episode. They're a$$holes to each other, to their superiors, to their subordinates. They're even a$$holes to the Dino Thunder rangers, who were supposedly their idols, and they treat them the same way Omega treated them when he came from the future, which they were pissed about. Plotlines are dropped for 20+ episodes and brought up again like they were there all along, and characters forget lessons they learned and have to relearn them, or act out of character to fit the episode's plot.

Still a better season than Megaforce/Samurai tho. :yeshrug:

:heh:

Never bothered with Megaforce/Samurai, though I will probably peep the Super Megaforce finale (whenever it finally airs) where all the old Rangers come back. And pretty much EVERYBODY says Samurai is awful, even by Power Rangers standards.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/07/new-power-rangers-movie-announced

THE POWER RANGERS MOVIE / 7 MAY 2014

NEW POWER RANGERS MOVIE ANNOUNCED

It's morphin time on the big screen once more.

BY ERIC GOLDMANO

On the heels of their 20th anniversary last year, the Power Rangers are returning to the big screen. Power Rangers owners Saban are teaming with Lionsgate, the studio behind the Hunger Games and Saw franchises, for a new film. It sounds like it could be considered a reboot, in that the press release says it will “re-envision the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers,” the original incarnation of the series.

The Top 25 Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Episodes

"Lionsgate is the perfect home for elevating our Power Rangers brand to the next level," said Power Rangers creator Haim Saban, in a statement. "They have the vision, marketing prowess and incredible track record in launching breakthrough hits from The Hunger Games to Twilight and Divergent. In partnership with the Lionsgate team, we're confident that we will capture the world of the Power Rangers and translate it into a unique and memorable motion picture phenomenon with a legacy all its own."

"We're thrilled to be partnering with Haim Saban and his team to maximize the potential of this immensely successful and universally recognized franchise," said Lionsgate Chief Executive Officer Jon Feltheimer. "The Power Rangers stories and characters have been embraced by generations of audiences for more than 20 years, and today they are more powerful than ever. We have the ideal partner and the perfect brand with which to create a motion picture event that will resonate with moviegoers around the world for years to come."

20th Century Fox released two Power Rangers movies in the 1990s, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie and Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie. Through its 21 years on the air, with many different casts playing different teams, the Power Rangers TV shows have maintained a loose continuity. Several Power Rangers alumni are set to guest star on the current Power Rangers: Super Megaforce, to celebrate the recent 20th anniversary, which is not the first time Rangers from the past have made return appearances. It remains to be seen if the new film, with its return to the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers concept, will have any ties to the TV show continuity or be set apart completely.

I'll be pretty curious to see where they go with this one...

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
Just watched the big special. I'm not asking for much but goddamn can they get better extras. :wow: :dead:

A blatant ripoff of Countdown to Destruction.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
is there a list anywhere that describes there power levels-- canon style.. i assume green ranger is the strongest..