Where did the Power Rangers go wrong???

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked Andros (pause) but yeah, he was basically just the leader because he happened to already be the Red Ranger and knew more about Space than the rest. Outside of alien stuff, they still tended to defer to TJ.

Let's not forget that TJ was the one who came up with a strategy to fight the Psycho Rangers (aka GOAT villains). :ld:

Still tho, Andros whole "I work alone" attitude and sister being a villain made him more interesting than a lot of other Red Rangers.
Exactly. He was an enigma. He is more comparable to Tommy in that respect.

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
Surprised that I went through this whole thread with no mention of the Masked Rider crossover episode.

mmpr-al-maskedrider.jpg

Also, one time for all the beautiful shredding on that guitar during the theme song and just the songs in general. They could have seriously created a rock opera with the songs from this show. "Go Green Ranger Go"..."White Ranger Tiger Power"... :ohlawd:

"GOLDAR'S GONNA GET YOOOOUUUUU, TONIGHT!"
:lawd:

Come to think of it...Tommy always had personal theme songs. That shows you how over he was. :wow: I owned a toy Green Ranger dagger when I was a kid.

That's my childhood. :to: 5-stars.

Last edited by a moderator:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I liked Andros (pause) but yeah, he was basically just the leader because he happened to already be the Red Ranger and knew more about Space than the rest. Outside of alien stuff, they still tended to defer to TJ.

Let's not forget that TJ was the one who came up with a strategy to fight the Psycho Rangers (aka GOAT villains). :ld:

Still tho, Andros whole "I work alone" attitude and sister being a villain made him more interesting than a lot of other Red Rangers.

Yeah In Space had them villains. Darkonda though :krs: he took being a Starscream nikka to a whole notha level!

Darkonda >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Goldar

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I'm 25 years old so I stopped watching that shyt after the movie came out... I specifically remember having no interest in watching Power Rangers Zeo, Turbo, or the Turbo movie...

But when I was a Power Rangers fan I was ALL IN.... I remember getting the soundtrack tapes to the show as a gift... lol:snoop:

iamstr8fire

Apex Predator
Daps
Reppin
In The Thunder and Rain
I'm 25 years old so I stopped watching that shyt after the movie came out... I specifically remember having no interest in watching Power Rangers Zeo, Turbo, or the Turbo movie...

But when I was a Power Rangers fan I was ALL IN.... I remember getting the soundtrack tapes to the show as a gift... lol:snoop:

This.

When it went from OG Power Rangers to Zeo, Turbo, etc I felt like I had outgrown it. If there had been iterations of it that were cool for teens and what have you I probably would've stayed invested like I did with Batman, Superman, Spiderman, etc.

I remember whenever we played Power Rangers as a kid I had to be the Green Ranger or else I wasn't playing. :deadmanny:

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TJ randomly got thrown in because Tommy got bored being the red Ranger basically which was halfway through the season, then Divatox came through and crushed em...

leading to him playing second fiddle to Andros.. although I think In Space is the 1st season where the blue ranger made more orders than the red Ranger.

Andros was okay but they kept havin to save his ass cuz he thought he could get Astronema... unbeknownst to him, his best friend was tryna snake his sister :pachaha:

Watching PRIS ep 2 right now, it's good. :popcorn:

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the power rangers were NOT going to last long. :laff: come on, man. the success of the show was good up until the generation of kids that it was targeted to grew up. that's what happened. the main audience grew up. power rangers been dead since they started doing movies which had to be back in 1996. it was over then. all those other spinoffs don't count. you must be really young if you were watching all the hand me down versions of power rangers. pokemon took over too in the late 90s. nobody gave a fukk about power rangers. you can't be serious.

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All charachter writing dropped when it became the tommy oliver show.

:leostare: you may have a point..

My n*gga Tommy was so popular that the entire show shifted around him... and they made sure he got all the dope costumes up until Jason was the Gold Ranger

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:leostare: you may have a point..

My n*gga Tommy was so popular that the entire show shifted around him... and they made sure he got all the dope costumes up until Jason was the Gold Ranger

Yup. Notice how balanced the second half of Zeo was. And then turbo Tommy was basically an absentee until the new crew came.