Where did the Power Rangers go wrong???

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the power rangers were NOT going to last long. :laff: come on, man. the success of the show was good up until the generation of kids that it was targeted to grew up. that's what happened. the main audience grew up. power rangers been dead since they started doing movies which had to be back in 1996. it was over then. all those other spinoffs don't count. you must be really young if you were watching all the hand me down versions of power rangers. pokemon took over too in the late 90s. nobody gave a fukk about power rangers. you can't be serious.

This is true. PR was just another show by 1999(Lost Galaxy) although it was one of the highest rated seasons. Time Force was good although people don't talk about the post zordon series like that.

JohnStarksMiddleFinger

Benz L. Bo$$ington
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
I always wondered what happened to that broad. And looking at the comments the rangers never defeated her? :huhldup:

Undefeated breh :win:

Unless you count Goldar fukking her shyt shyt raw:mjpls:
Goldar%20and%20Scorpina's%20Baby.jpg

I love the fukkery the Japanese stuck in that show. :russ:

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
the power rangers were NOT going to last long. :laff: come on, man. the success of the show was good up until the generation of kids that it was targeted to grew up. that's what happened. the main audience grew up. power rangers been dead since they started doing movies which had to be back in 1996. it was over then. all those other spinoffs don't count. you must be really young if you were watching all the hand me down versions of power rangers. pokemon took over too in the late 90s. nobody gave a fukk about power rangers. you can't be serious.

YOU didnt give a fukk maybe, but the show is in it 20th season breh :lift:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
:usure: An OG who turned into comic relief. Darkonda kept it real to the end.

:rudy:

He was in like six episodes. Goldar was in SEASONS. Darkonda and Ecliptor would have ended up as roommates if they lasted longer than a season. Villain decay is real.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
YOU didnt give a fukk maybe, but the show is in it 20th season breh :lift:

it really doesn't matter. most people remember and only give a fukk about the original power rangers that was on the air 20 years ago. nobody remembers anybody besides those folks, breh. :lolbron: you seem to be the only person that cares about it being on the 20th season though. just hope that you're not a grown man saying that though. you talk as if they're still relevant. i hope you're not around my age still getting hyped off of this show.

some things are timeless and the power rangers is NOT one of them.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it really doesn't matter. most people remember and only give a fukk about the original power rangers that was on the air 20 years ago. :lolbron: you seem to be the only person that cares about it being on the 20th season though. just hope that you're not a grown man saying that though.

I'm almost 22 and Watching megaforce right now :upsetfavre:

I think most people remember the OG but watched through in space. Many ditched when the kid became a ranger.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm almost 22 and Watching megaforce right now :upsetfavre:

I think most people remember the OG but watched through in space. Many ditched when the kid became a ranger.

you're 21 years old, i'm 26. i was a fan of the power rangers when it first came out as well as many kids around my age group and generation was. you weren't even old enough to remember the og so you wouldn't know how big it was around that time. power rangers were like the original pokemon when it first came out. it was everywhere and really popular. it was one of those passing phrases where after a certain point it got corny and folks lost interest when they started to branch it into something else besides the original. after that it was on to the next one which for most people, it became pokemon. plus there were a wide variety of kid shows such as batman, xmen, rugrats, doug, disney in the afternoon and etc that was holding it down at the time so there was a whole lot more that we could get off to.

after that, the original power rangers where they started to get into the green ranger, white ranger, and do all these spinoffs. it lost its popularity.

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
it really doesn't matter. most people remember and only give a fukk about the original power rangers that was on the air 20 years ago. nobody remembers anybody besides those folks, breh. :lolbron: you seem to be the only person that cares about it being on the 20th season though. just hope that you're not a grown man saying that though. you talk as if they're still relevant. i hope you're not around my age still getting hyped off of this show.

some things are timeless and the power rangers is NOT one of them.
i totally agree with you. but my point being that little kids do give a fukk and while you dont care its ignorant to say that the brand isnt relevant because very few things have had the long term longevity of that brand.

i mean other than soap operas, wrestling, sports (obviously), can you name something else thats been on tv for 20 years?:youngsabo:

you're in the arcadium trying to call me out for being knowledgeable on something?:rudy: i wont even elaborate. but regardless i think you took what i said out of context.

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
you're 21 years old, i'm 26. i was a fan of the power rangers when it first came out as well as many kids around my age group and generation was. you weren't even old enough to remember the og so you wouldn't know how big it was around that time. power rangers were like the original pokemon when it first came out. it was everywhere and really popular. it was one of those passing phrases where after a certain point it got corny and folks lost interest when they started to branch it into something else besides the original. after that it was on to the next one which for most people, it became pokemon. plus there were a wide variety of kid shows such as batman, xmen, rugrats, doug, disney in the afternoon and etc that was holding it down at the time so there was a whole lot more that we could get off to.

after that, the original power rangers where they started to get into the green ranger, white ranger, and do all these spinoffs. it lost its popularity.
Yea, i'm gonna have to cos-sign this. I'll be 25 next month and remember vividly how invested i was into the og Mighty Morphin Power Rangers as a kid, shyt was a phenomenon, i miss my childhood :sad:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:manny:

That's a tough one.. back in the day I would've said Tommy but rewatching this sh*t now, I'd probably say Jason. Tommy has an advantage because he came out the blue as the legendary Green Ranger.. then he was the White Ranger so he was always the irregular cool Ranger.... but Jason :ooh: he was the original and he was the Gold Ranger...

I don't know... anybody got clips of when Tommy and Jason both fought Goldar in Zedd's fortress separately without their Ranger powers? Jason vs Goldar was :krs:

Side note: I did not expect this thread to get this many replies and have this much nostalgia

Surprised that I went through this whole thread with no mention of the Masked Rider crossover episode.

mmpr-al-maskedrider.jpg

Also, one time for all the beautiful shredding on that guitar during the theme song and just the songs in general. They could have seriously created a rock opera with the songs from this show. "Go Green Ranger Go"..."White Ranger Tiger Power"... :ohlawd:

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Full Theme Tune - YouTube

MMPR Soundtrack - Go Green Ranger Go! (Zedd Version) - YouTube

"GOLDAR'S GONNA GET YOOOOUUUUU, TONIGHT!"
:lawd:

MMPR Soundtrack - White Ranger Tiger Power - YouTube

Come to think of it...Tommy always had personal theme songs. That shows you how over he was. :wow: I owned a toy Green Ranger dagger when I was a kid.

Power Rangers Theme metal 2011 - YouTube

That's my childhood. :to: 5-stars.

I forgot about masked rider :ooh: