Whenever You see another black person out in public....

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
nah, I don't say anything or give anyone a nod unless they do it to me 1st:yeshrug:

I stay to myself when I'm outside and mind my business:manny:

my father on the other hand literally speaks to EVERYONE:bryan:

Adidacs

All Star
Daps
I wonder if white people realize when we do this :lupe:

Like, the way we dap each other up is common knowledge by now, but the obligatory head nod still feels like a secret among brothers. :leon:

Honestly I used to with everyone but not so much anymore.

One time in college I was walking towards this group of mainly white kids and two black dudes..I walk past and sort of acknowledge by head nodding towards the brothers and they were both like "da fuq you nodding towards us for like we know you and shyt"

them dudes moved towards me like wanted to fight me and shyt. Had to be held back by the white kids

I tried to rationalize it as maybe they were drunk..it was a Friday night aND I was walking on frat row.
or they were on that :mjpls:-time

Regardless, it let me know that not all black people are on that we are in this together time..I only acknowledge those that I know are.

You can tell off top if someone isn't the type to reciprocate or acknowledge. You've got lost blacks from the suburbs in a lot of colleges who will try and treat you like a bytch around white people who may not even be their friends.. they also tend to link with black kids who are similar to them.

Last edited:
Daps
Was in the hamptons filming in a restaurant, me and my other boy, bunch of white folks, saw an old black man walk in with his wife looking spiffy as fukk. He walked right up to us and :ufdup::salute:

Instant acknowledgement.

I don't feel the need to say what up to these random good nikkas tho fukk them :camby:

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
You said in another post you were raised mostly around yts, right? Small town? If you try to acknowledge every black person you see in NYC you'll get this:usure:or this :birdman:We're everywhere and we're from everywhere so black people don't see each other as connected that way. And there are so many of us people don't feel the need for that kind of camaraderie. It sucks but there really isn't "a black community".
I went to uni in Manhattan, though. It crazy white and even so most black students were on that:mjpls:so I stopped trying to connect with them.
Yeah, I grew up around mostly white people which is why when I did/do see another black person I feel that obligation to acknowledge them.

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mostly see black people most of the time. But I live in the south so we acknowledge folks out and about.