Whenever You see another black person out in public....

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They've realized. I've seen several jokes asking if all black folk know each other.

I don't nod up to white men ever. Seems to be only them that nod and the women generally smile.

There's a difference between the white man and black man nod though. With the white man, it's generally just acknowledging that you're both men. With the black man, it's that and we're in this together. This can be especially felt when in a highly white area.

I just realized that I might've offended a lot of people though because I speak low as shyt and I'm usually caught off guard when dudes speak instead of nod. I know some of them might not have heard me.
iunno, nodding up seems more confrontational. its an acknowledgement but at the same time, its my way of saying "if you wanna do something, lets go :birdman: "

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
It's an art to this with us. G's no what I'm talking bout.

You have to be aware of everyone in your area and feel their vibe. WITHOUT STARING AT THEM. Use your peripheral vision, quick glance to see if they're solid, fruity, a threat, or what.

Real recognize real and if your vibe is correct nikkaz hit you with the nod or the wassup.

A nikka like me may get a dap or handshake in passing from nikkaz I never met. Solid.

If you're getting :stopitslime: You May wonna check yourself cause youre giving off bad/fukknikka vibes.

You don't wonna be that dude all, "Heyyyyy, how you doing..." out here. The exchange should be mutual. If it's cool then it's cool. If it's :stopitslime: then it's :stopitslime: right back at them.

Daps
Reppin
X
Yeah, I grew up around mostly white people which is why when I did/do see another black person I feel that obligation to acknowledge them.
You shouldn't feel obligated to say anything to anyone. When you're doing it out of some perfunctory obligation it shows and people will respond to you just as awkwardly as you feel, so let it be from the heart.

My granddad was a cordial and genial man. He would walk down the street and be like "good afternoon", "how are you doing today?", "hello", "enjoy your day" to random strangers here in unfriendly ass Brooklyn. Sure some may have ignored him occasionally, but most didn't and it didn't matter to him anyway because he was always coming from the heart. I have an uncle the same way, always confident, head up, eyes forward, not afraid to smile. People often respond to that before you can do anything to acknowledge them.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
You can tell the fatherless in this thread..

You should acknowledge people whenever you walk into a room/space..

Cwilk02

Pro
Supporter
Daps
It's like when you're in a club full of cac's and you give the other group of brothers there the "nod" just in case something pops off they know you have their back :pachaha: