When will people accept that Lebron is better/as good as than Jordan

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
lol

imagine a jason terry level player talking shyt to michael jordan during his prime athletic years, and then backing it up and winning a championship

:dead:

lebron is the 3rd best perimeter player after jordan and kobe, but lets not be ridiculous

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Ok so then you were 8 when CHI won their first title and prob have some memories of second 3 peat MJ.

No memories of mid to late 80s MJ and barely understanding what you were watching for early 90s prime MJ.

NOW this thread makes sense....

I actually remember Jordan's first run of rings. Obviously I wasn't an expert but I was watching then. And I've watched numerous videos and games since then as an adult. Thanks to DVDs and NBA TV and Youtube, I've seen lots of Jordan games from the 80s that I never saw live.

In the 80s he wasn't nowhere near as good as he became. He was just an explosive highlight reel. He turned into an all around great player later in his career.

OGmittee

Smugest Poster Alive
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I think people felt like he was prematurely given that chosen one and the next Jordan coming out of high school without proving it and that a lot of people just wanted him to earn that praise but the hate came with that decision strictly because I'm a lot of people's mind he threw away what was the chance to see the next Michael Jordan by going and forming a super team. I was more disappointed because it woulda been cool for him to bring a title to his hometown and it woulda been story book for his career but it is his career so I understand the move.

That right there alone made ppl resent him..Im not trying to make anything up lol A lot of ppl didnt want to see Lebron succeed, I view the decision to go to Miami as "the straw that broke the camels back" so to speak. Because he had that expectation on him (unfairly i might add, a 17 year old kid? really? lol), when he went to Miami to win championships, which anyone who plays any sport for the right reason is trying to do and especially someone with a burden of chasing MJ and not wanting to fail thats stuck in one of the worst basketball franchises in recent history with no signs looking upward :yeshrug: Think about the reaction to that decision and how huge that was...Ppl wouldnt have been THAT upset if they didnt have some kind of negative feeling towards him already.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

the goat

jordan had a more effective post game at 40 than lebron has right now

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Let's talk when Bron has accomplished more...he certainly has the potential/talent to surpass Jordan, but right now NAH....I can't do it

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I'll say this, if Lebron was born first, and played in the 80s-90s and Jordan played now.

And they were the exact same players, putting up the exact same stats

The people calling us crazy for saying Lebron is on par or better than Jordan now, would be calling us crazy for saying Jordan was better than Lebron if their eras were reversed.

for a lot of y'all it's nostalgia. I understand. It's hard to admit when someone new is better than someone from your child hood. It took me ever to accept that certain rappers of the last decade where better than certain rappers I listened to in the 90s.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Let's talk when Bron has accomplished more...he certainly has the potential/talent to surpass Jordan, but right now NAH....I can't do it

See, that's the problem. nobody said Lebron has accomplished more or ever will. That isn't my argument. My argument was he's a superior talent/performer than Jordan. Not that he'll win more rings. Not that he'll score more career points (though he probably will), it's that he has a better overall, all around game than Jordan.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
See, that's the problem. nobody said Lebron has accomplished more or ever will. That isn't my argument. My argument was he's a superior talent/performer than Jordan. Not that he'll win more rings. Not that he'll score more career points (though he probably will), it's that he has a better overall, all around game than Jordan.

he plays with 2 all stars and solid roleplayers

if hes better than jordan he should end up with the rings to show it

explain to me how michael jordan teams with two all stars and loses to the dallas mavericks

King Biko

A King With A Concubine
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
That right there alone made ppl resent him..Im not trying to make anything up lol A lot of ppl didnt want to see Lebron succeed, I view the decision to go to Miami as "the straw that broke the camels back" so to speak. Because he had that expectation on him (unfairly i might add, a 17 year old kid? really? lol), when he went to Miami to win championships, which anyone who plays any sport for the right reason is trying to do and especially someone with a burden of chasing MJ and not wanting to fail thats stuck in one of the worst basketball franchises in recent history with no signs looking upward :yeshrug: Think about the reaction to that decision and how huge that was...Ppl wouldnt have been THAT upset if they didnt have some kind of negative feeling towards him already.

I think in Cleveland it was more of wanting him to prove hisself first, more intrigued to see if he could, mj wasn't the most loved nikka ever at first and in Miami they wanna see him fail.

King Biko

A King With A Concubine
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
I'll say this, if Lebron was born first, and played in the 80s-90s and Jordan played now.

And they were the exact same players, putting up the exact same stats

The people calling us crazy for saying Lebron is on par or better than Jordan now, would be calling us crazy for saying Jordan was better than Lebron if their eras were reversed.

for a lot of y'all it's nostalgia. I understand. It's hard to admit when someone new is better than someone from your child hood. It took me ever to accept that certain rappers of the last decade where better than certain rappers I listened to in the 90s.

What has lebron DONE that merits him being better than Jordan?

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
he plays with 2 all stars and solid roleplayers

if hes better than jordan he should end up with the rings to show it

explain to me how michael jordan teams with two all stars and loses to the dallas mavericks

He's played with these 2 all stars for 3 years, he's been to the finals every year with them. And might get 2 rings out of 3.

And that Maverick's series was a bad look, but it's not a complete referendum of Lebron's career.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
I actually remember Jordan's first run of rings. Obviously I wasn't an expert but I was watching then. And I've watched numerous videos and games since then as an adult. Thanks to DVDs and NBA TV and Youtube, I've seen lots of Jordan games from the 80s that I never saw live.

In the 80s he wasn't nowhere near as good as he became. He was just an explosive highlight reel. He turned into an all around great player later in his career.

:stop::ban::dead: I'm done. When MJ went of for 63 against the 1986 CELTICS, Bird said he was the best he had ever seen, "GOD disguised as MJ". The year was 1986, HIS SECOND YEAR, the NEXT year he averaged 37.1 ppg

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He's played with these 2 all stars for 3 years, he's been to the finals every year with them. And might get 2 rings out of 3.

And that Maverick's series was a bad look, but it's not a complete referendum of Lebron's career.

agreed

but can you imagine jordan allowing that to happen?

of course not

OGmittee

Smugest Poster Alive
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I think in Cleveland it was more of wanting him to prove hisself first, more intrigued to see if he could, mj wasn't the most loved nikka ever at first and in Miami they wanna see him fail.

I think the reception Lebron got was getting a little more heat than MJ when he first entered the league lol (no pun intended). Lebrons whole career has been unprecedented in my eyes. Imagine being a young kid and having that pressure and actually growing into what Lebron has become. I wont get ahead of myself but Im already impressed with how hes been able to succeed and how hes handled himself under constant scrutiny. He couldve easily fukked up (on or off the court) as many before him have (under less pressure i might add) but his made it this far and is on the rise still :wow: