the goat.

im done. theres to many to post. ill be in here all year

Last edited by a moderator:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
God made Lebron for basketball, he's the most gifted human being i have ever witnessed :yeshrug:

20 years from now all our kids will think bron is the Goat :yeshrug:

OGmittee

Smugest Poster Alive
Daps
Reppin
Boston
A lot of that just comes along with being the best and I don't think lebron was truly hated until the decision but I myself understood why he went to Miami and still love his game but he's not Jordan yet, the fact that I'm saying yet shows you how much I respect his game.

But like I asked the other dude what has lebron DONE to say he's better than Jordan?

Ppl wanted Lebron to fail when he was in Cleveland, lets not try to ignore history and act like certain things werent going on :whoa:

And I agree with you, I just finished typing to other dude that I believe Lebron is just coming into his own now and we have plenty more to see from him (more for him to prove). His maturity has gotten to a level where hes won a ring and he knows he needs to keep getting them and hes hungry. Aside from just rings, I think Lebron has racked up his fair share of individual awards that you could stack against almost any player whos been in the league, including MJ (still more to come, and MJ is done playing lol). And in the other aspect, physical talent/skillset, i really do believe bron is the first of his kind. The combination of size, speed, athleticism is unmatched by anyone that comes to my mind.

Bbwlover504

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
God made Lebron for basketball, he's the most gifted human being i have ever witnessed :yeshrug:

:snoop: its a ahame breh. i got into a ton of arguments with nikkas claiming bron is better than jordon.

its sad.

in all honesty i dont even think bron is better than kobe.

King Biko

A King With A Concubine
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia

I doubt it. Not saying he won't be but 2 express his greatness they will have 2 compare him 2 mike. Mike becomes greater after he is constantly compared to every good to great player who's been in the league since him. And I say that as a super Kobe Stan.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
MJ gets the comparison because i think the majority consider him the GOAT, some may like him solely for his on court play but IMO i think there are also a lot of outside factors that go into ppl coming to that conclusion (things other than just on court play).

And yes, as for all time player, taking into account Jordan finished his career with 6 rings and accumulated all the accolades that he did, i think i would put him atop that list if ppl were really forcing me to choose 1 player like that. Thats something that i really dont do tho. The reason being, you have players like Lebron and Kobe and going even before MJ, dominant players, that may not have the titles, but had the physical skillset where they could dominate. Wilt was a monster, and lost to Bill Russell year in and year out (another dominant player of his era, obviously). It really is tough for me to land on 1 player like that. But i know im gonna enjoy watching a guy like Lebron do his thing for years to come because we've never seen a player like this and he is reaching maturity now (had his best season, chance at a title), hes coming into his own, and even with all hes accomplished already (individual awards) plenty more is yet to come...

ight im done lol

edit: Btw i coulda took you the Bill Russell route and said he has more rings but neither your or i saw him play live...I bet you that most old timers out there that saw both would give Russell the nod over MJ.
And I agree, but you would be SHOCKED how many OG's say MJ is the best they ever saw.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
MJ been out of his PRIME for 15 years, and niccas is still talking. And guess what, 40 years from now niccas is gonna call him the GOAT. Legacy is cemented, legend is undeniable. He will NEVER be replaced

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I'm 30. I watched Jordan growing up. Lebron has better court vision. He sees everything. It's uncanny.
Ok so then you were 8 when CHI won their first title and prob have some memories of second 3 peat MJ.

No memories of mid to late 80s MJ and barely understanding what you were watching for early 90s prime MJ.

NOW this thread makes sense....

King Biko

A King With A Concubine
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Ppl wanted Lebron to fail when he was in Cleveland, lets not try to ignore history and act like certain things werent going on :whoa:

And I agree with you, I just finished typing to other dude that I believe Lebron is just coming into his own now and we have plenty more to see from him (more for him to prove). His maturity has gotten to a level where hes won a ring and he knows he needs to keep getting them and hes hungry. Aside from just rings, I think Lebron has racked up his fair share of individual awards that you could stack against almost any player whos been in the league, including MJ (still more to come, and MJ is done playing lol). And in the other aspect, physical talent/skillset, i really do believe bron is the first of his kind. The combination of size, speed, athleticism is unmatched by anyone that comes to my mind.

I think people felt like he was prematurely given that chosen one and the next Jordan coming out of high school without proving it and that a lot of people just wanted him to earn that praise but the hate came with that decision strictly because I'm a lot of people's mind he threw away what was the chance to see the next Michael Jordan by going and forming a super team. I was more disappointed because it woulda been cool for him to bring a title to his hometown and it woulda been story book for his career but it is his career so I understand the move.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop: its a ahame breh. i got into a ton of arguments with nikkas claiming bron is better than jordon.

its sad.

in all honesty i dont even think bron is better than kobe.

I think Kobes game looks much prettier than bron but bron can do everything on the court :yeshrug:

I never thought of bron as the greatest at one particular thing but i think of him as someone who is great at everything.

To me Bron is jordan, pippen and magic put together exempt he's not as good as each of them idifidually at what they were best at but he's a combination of all those skills. :yeshrug:

And yes bruh the kids think bron is the greatest :beli:

My lil cousins think jordan is just a shoe brand :heh:

Bbwlover504

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Kobes game looks much prettier than bron but bron can do everything on the court :yeshrug:

I never thought of bron as the greatest at one particular thing but i think of him as someone who is great at everything.

To me Bron is jordan, pippen and magic put together exempt he's not as good as each of them idifidually at what they were best at but he's a combination of all those skills. :yeshrug:

And yes bruh the kids think bron is the greatest :beli:

My lil cousins think jordan is just a shoe brand :heh:
i cant hate on that.

but to me, i would take a prime kobe over a prime bron anyday.