When was kayfabe dead to you

VAGATOR

Pro
Daps
It occurred in stages, like how it all goes down, it was never a complete 'Oh ok, it's all fake' moment, moreso than just constant learning about things, email newsletters, movies/docs, etc

Same with me. Wasn't one big HA moment, just over time. But, by the time I figured wrestling was completely fake.....the attitude era and ECW was popping off, so I would still watch to see what crazy shyt would happen next. :win:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
:whoo: u remember that too

that shyt was the worst...i had the events mixed up in my head apparently..maybe in a subconscious effort to forget the atrocity that it was..

yeah, it was some Pay Per View.... I dont even remember who he was fighting. Kevin Sullivan was involved some kinda way.

I miss Kevin Sullivan. :to:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
2 times

1. fanfest for rasslemania 94 i think..all the guys just sittin next to each other signing autos..i was like yoo..arent they supposed to hate each other
2. when the giant debuted in wcw..they had him come out as a mummy or some shyt if i remember right

edit; giant wasnt the mummy...the fukkkkk..either way that mummy ruined shyt for me..it was Reese from the Flock lmao
You mean The Yetti? :heh:

I don't have a specific instance or memory but I was very young and the thing that did it was the random no-sells on big moves.

*Wrestler hits a fukking piledriver*

*Sting or whoever IMMEDIATELY gets up unfazed and stalks opponent as they taunt the crowd*

8 year old me: :wtf: :mindblown: :ohhh: wait a minute, how is he...oh, I get it :beli:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Honestly don't remember the exact moment. I do know by the time I was 9 I was watching Ministry Era Taker and my grandmother said something to the effect of "that Undertaker needs to be arrested." At that point I probably knew for sure but didn't really get into backstage news until I was 14 or 15 though.

Edit: You also can't discount WWE Confidential killing kayfabe for everyone, especially that Austin episode. I was actually reading on a wrestling historian site that it was outed a scripted in the 30s and Vince even admitted it in court in 89.

Truth200

Banned
Daps
When Hogan gave Warrior the belt at Wrestlemania 6.

tumblr_m9jfnjBKCK1ree9s5o1_500.jpg

Lo-Co

Daps
Reppin
NYC
TWO WORDS. VINCES LIMO.. i bought it for a second then i saw the cut. and then the next week he shows up. i felt betrayed. but i was back not long after benoit died.

Lo-Co

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I had some suspicions but didn't think about it too much until Chucky was threatening Rick Steiner. I had to either believe Chucky was real or wrestling was fake, as a 9/10 year old kid I wouldn't have slept if I believed in Chucky.

A little before that, "but they bleed" was my go to defense.

:heh: everynow and then they just got outlandish/insulting...WCW with ROBOCOP and CHUCKY :wtf: :why: :comeon:

i just saw both of those the other day. i was appalled at that, its even worse than celebrities having matches. by the way.. fukk lawrence taylor. he made vince make his match with bam bam bigelow the main event.