When was kayfabe dead to you

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
my uncle did this shyt to me. He was loud and adamant about it, too. Pointed out shyt like wrestlers stomping their foot when they throw punches, signaling moves.....

Selfish b*stard. I think he's always had a grudge against it or something.

It's odd, too. I grew up in a wrestling watching family. One of my fondest memories was of my grandmother hysterically trying to convince my grandfather (his parents, naturally) not to take a shotgun and drive to memphis after seeing Eddie Gilbert hit Jerry lawler with a car.

Eddie Gilbert runs over Jerry Lawler - YouTube

So I have no idea why my "I wish i was JJ from Good Times" ass uncle grew up with a grudge.

I mean, damn, just let a kid enjoy shyt.

EVERY time my grandparents came to visit he would always tell me it was fake. That's almost like being told Santa Claus isn't real.

"You know that's all bullshyt, right? I just want to make sure you're aware of that. :jawalrus:"

Me: :demonic:

Popi

The Greatest GOAT
Daps
When Hall and Nash would 'crash' Nitros....but had live mics and TV time.

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
First watched WWF as a kid during the New Generation era & thought it was real. Undertaker & Doink had me shook :snoop: knew wrestling was fake sometime during the Monday Night Wars

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City
I was a youngin, it went something like this

dad:"you know that shyts fake right" :mjpls:

me: :wtb:

*while watching*

dad "aww get the fukk outta here, you mean to tell me a motherfukker's gonna get thrown to the ropes...and then run back:comeon:

me: bu..:ohhh: :sadbron:

dad::heh::jawalrus::youngsabo:

Funny thing is he admits to watching wrestling as a kid:dead:

Daps
'Taker vs Jake at 'Mania. Jake is outside hassling Bearer and out comes 'Taker, spins him around, picks him up, next stop Tombstone city, drives Jake's head...softly into his thighs :childplease:

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
when i first flipped to UWF and saw them fighting at a Marriot

:snoop:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
3r2peu.jpg

but nah when i saw chris benoit at pizza pizza signing autographs, i realized it was fraud, my childhood

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The roll up pin Austin gave Owen hart at SummerSlam 97
*Austin gives Owen Hart the worst looking roll up pin I've ever seen in my life pins him 1-2-3*
Me: wrestling is fake? :ohhh:

But it had to be done because of Austin's neck, really :scusthov: situation
[ame]http://youtu.be/BuTJzb66TlM[/ame]

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i started watching on and off around 1995....by the time i was 10 the attitude era was in full form and thus due to vince russo's booking it was never real to me dammit!

:heh:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
When May Young or whatever her name is gave birth to the hand. I don't remember how old I was, but that was it.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
When Mankind became "Dude Love".....it was officially over for me.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
When did you go from :krs: to :wtb:

For me....it was PAPA SHANGO...that shyt was too silly for me to buy into...like "hold up this dude is supposed to be using magic and shyt? :childplease: why would he even wrestle...? Why would ultimate warrior wrestle him :wtf:"

Hogan always hulking up just in time had me :wtb: right before this...but shango was too silly for anyone but the youngest marks...that..and the bigbossman...i have cops in my family and i thought as a kid "why is this policeman a wrestler too? :usure:"

They lost me with undertaker for the same reasons you listed for Papa Shango. So Paul Beaurer can control a dead guy and all he could think to do with him is wrestle other dudes. :wtb: What the hell is he gaining from doing all that?