When Was Drake Ever Broke?

Daps
Reppin
In The Clouds
breh the avg salary of an american worker ain't even 50k... ain't even 40k

so miss me with this shyt

if you making that much money and broke, you a fukking fool with money... but you are not BROKE... cause you still getting the checks..

broke is having no money, no income, and your bills ain't paid... not house being paid off to own, fridge stocked, eating good, a car outside, but oh darn, i don't have enough to go to the bar tonight
Bro, nikkas really here arguing this shyt like 50% of black teenagers in America aren't unemployed.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yall call people from the burbs sheltered but all yall know is hood life
there are people in middle class neighborhoods that are in debt struggling
its like once a nikka aint from the hood he had it good
Aubrey isn't from the "burbs"though.
Dude was living in a fukking multi million dollar McMansion.

Last edited:

blizzard man

Join the Nintendo Fun Club today!
Daps
Reppin
DC
breh the avg salary of an american worker ain't even 50k... ain't even 40k

so miss me with this shyt

if you making that much money and broke, you a fukking fool with money... but you are not BROKE... cause you still getting the checks..

broke is having no money, no income, and your bills ain't paid... not house being paid off to own, fridge stocked, eating good, a car outside, but oh darn, i don't have enough to go to the bar tonight

thats why i said most of yall in this thread must be extremely broke, cuz yall acting like 50k a year is a stuntin ass salary

even if its not the avg, its still not a grip if you an actual human being with bills to pay, people depending on you, etc.

also, most of america sucks with money, thats why most people in america dont got more than 1000 in savings at any given moment.

class disparity makes this shyt confusing cuz 'broke' is subjective, just like 'middle class' is.

if drake was saying he was destitute and living in the projects, then id be concerned

but im sure he been normal nikka broke, as in, deciding which bills to pay this month

Daps
Reppin
In The Clouds
thats why i said most of yall in this thread must be extremely broke, cuz yall acting like 50k a year is a stuntin ass salary

even if its not the avg, its still not a grip if you an actual human being with bills to pay, people depending on you, etc.

also, most of america sucks with money, thats why most people in america dont got more than 1000 in savings at any given moment.

class disparity makes this shyt confusing cuz 'broke' is subjective, just like 'middle class' is.
Broke is not subjective. Only people who have never actually been broke think that. It's like when Ed Sheeran said he was homeless because he decided to leave home to go be a traveling musician. Real homeless people would spit in his face.

blizzard man

Daps
Reppin
DC
Broke is not subjective. Only people who have never actually been broke think that. It's like when Ed Sheeran said he was homeless because he decided to leave home to go be a traveling musician. Real homeless people would spit in his face.

the fact that you sayin its not, and im sayin it is, means it is.

i been broke. AM i broke? no. have i been homeless? no. but thats an entirely different category youre trying to bring in for some reason.

but because im not broke dont mean i',m rich. yall arguing black and white over grey matter.

broke doesnt have to equal homeless, there's actual words for that. broke is slang, so yeah, its subjective.

dont let your hate for drake cloud your logic over some simple shyt, i dont even think breh ever talked about being poverty stricken and destitute in his raps, but he makes references to brokeness that people living check to check can co-sign cuz they all been there at one point or another

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Brehs who've never had to stand in that welfare line and watch their
moms stretch that EBT card out talking about fukking "broke is subjective".

TheColi.com
A person who has to get their food from the land or barter looking at you talking about an EBT card saying the same thing, what you know about being broke.

blizzard man

Daps
Reppin
DC
Brehs who've never had to stand in that welfare line and watch their
moms stretch that EBT card out talking about fukking "broke is subjective".

TheColi.com

cry about it bro

TheColi.com where other experiences aside from yours can't be accepted so:

broke = EBT cards or homeless

anything else = rich

:salute:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cry about it bro

TheColi.com where other experiences aside from yours can't be accepted so:

broke = EBT cards or homeless

anything else = rich

:salute:
:salute: @ burning strawmen

A person who has to get their food from the land or barter looking at you talking about an EBT card saying the same thing, what you know about being broke.
I'm not sure how this fits into the context of this thread.
Bartering for food isn't a North American Phenomenon
and growing food doesn't mean you're "poor" or "broke" either.
Being able to barter for food (as in having something to trade...)
doesn't mean that person is broke, within their society they could
be comparatively "rich" if wealth isn't determined by money.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps

comparatively "rich" if wealth isn't determined by money.

Who said bartering for food is a north american phenomenon? No one.
Growing food to live or sustinance farming is something done only by the poorest in the world actually. So you are wrong.
Bartering for meeting you food needs instead of having EBT is the point, not bartering.

You copping pleas because I showed you the joke of your statement. Being poor is relative.
You having a EBT card and talking about being poor is a joke to a person in central america, parts of africa, parts of europe, parts of south america, where there is no ebt, they have to work for what they eat and if they don't get it they don't eat.

blizzard man

Daps
Reppin
DC

be comparatively "rich" if wealth isn't determined by money.

im only following yall lead re: the strawmen

like i said, dont let your hate for drake cloud your logic over some simple shyt.

if you want to do so, then post up some lines drake rapped about standing in line for EBT or being homeless. ill wait.

this whole thread is cats trying to move goalposts and twist logic to say drizzy been rich his entire life.

when someone comes in and makes a legit argument, then yall had to switch up to to 'broke means one specifically narrow thing now' for the sake of your narrative

Coli gon Coli

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who said bartering for food is a north american phenomenon? No one.
Growing food to live or sustinance farming is something done only by the poorest in the world actually. So you are wrong.
Bartering for meeting you food needs instead of having EBT is the point, not bartering.

You copping pleas because I showed you the joke of your statement. Being poor is relative.
You having a EBT card and talking about being poor is a joke to a person in central america, parts of africa, parts of europe, parts of south america, where there is no ebt, they have to work for what they eat and if they don't get it they don't eat.
This thread is about a Canadian pop star who grew up wealthy rapping/singing ducktales
about "poverty" or being "broke". Everything being discussed here is purely from a North
American perspective. I mocked the idea of "Poverty being subjective" in that sense.
It isn't a totally subjective thing, based on income rates and cost of living, there is
a real figure for being "broke".

Growing food isn't a 3rd world thing, it's a human thing, bartering was replaced by money
but someone still has to grow it and someone still has to "barter" for it, only we trade through
money not pookah shells.

@Zee Scribe has a point, self induced poverty in a first world country being pushed
as "Real" poverty or as equals is total B.S. that doesn't stand up to any real scrutiny.
It's so ridiculous that you had to resort to 3rd world poverty pleas as a way to undercut
someone genuinely struggling in the 1st world.

@The Devil's Advocate also has a point someone making $50k a year in America is making
more than over %50 of the country.
Only 20% are Middle-Class, Most Don't Come Close | The Economic Populist

Barely getting by on that salary doesn't mean you're "broke" or living in "poverty".
It means you're managing your funds poorly.

im only following yall lead re: the strawmen

like i said, dont let your hate for drake cloud your logic over some simple shyt.

if you want to do so, then post up some lines drake rapped about standing in line for EBT or being homeless. ill wait.

this whole thread is cats trying to move goalposts and twist logic to say drizzy been rich his entire life.

when someone comes in and makes a legit argument, then yall had to switch up to to 'broke means one specifically narrow thing now' for the sake of your narrative

Coli gon Coli

I never said Drake rapped about EBT but keep throwing up those
strawmen breh.