When Was Drake Ever Broke?

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My nikka, having a family support your hoop dreams of becoming a famous rapper is the definition of privileged.
You don't know any aspiring rappers living with their parents?

Yall really debating a rappers finances when he was 14 to hate on him for not having a rough enough life
giphy.gif

Doesn't say he made 500k from degrassi but ok, do you.

Debate Drake's accountant if you really care so much pocketwatching is lame as shyt

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
You don't know any aspiring rappers living with their parents?

Yall really debating a rappers finances when he was 14 to hate on him for not having a rough enough life
giphy.gif

Ok you're right.

A 14 year old begging his mom to pay for studio time is some real struggle shyt.

They should raise the minimum wage because no teenager can survive on 50K a year. It truly disgusts me that we live in a society where drake could only afford one new car. And it was only an Acura at that! It wasn't even a benz or bmw :mjcry:

I guess I must've really REALLY struggled too since my parent's wouldn't even buy me a pair of Jordan's as a shorty.

:ohhh:

Thanks for the advice to seek help. I'm making an appointment right now to see a psychologist because I grew up a lot poorer than I ever imagined.

:francis:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok you're right.

A 14 year old begging his mom to pay for studio time is some real struggle shyt.

They should raise the minimum wage because no teenager can survive on 50K a year. It truly disgusts me that we live in a society where drake could only afford one new car. And it was only an Acura at that! It wasn't even a benz or bmw :mjcry:

I guess I must've really REALLY struggled too since my parent's wouldn't even buy me a pair of Jordan's as a shorty.

:ohhh:

Thanks for the advice to seek help. I'm making an appointment right now to see a psychologist because I grew up a lot poorer than I ever imagined.

:francis:
hopefully they can treat that crab mentality without resorting to meds

let a rapper who doesn't know you trigger your self identity issues brehs

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
hopefully they can treat that crab mentality without resorting to meds

let a rapper who doesn't know you trigger your self identity issues brehs

Talk about getting triggered.

How many posts do you have in this thread defending your wanna be boyfriend? iirc you were like the 10th post.

I could care less about drake, I'm just here to laugh at your ridiculous worldview. You in here going all juelz santana trying to explain the struggle of teenager pulling in 50k. I'm sorry but that shyt is hilarious to me. :heh:

Even drake would laugh at your stan-nish ways if he actually knew your ass :heh:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I mean did he come from the projects, fist fighting rats for the last cornflake? No.

But being a teenager and being the main breadwinner in your household has a stress of its own, and he more or less came out of pocket to fund his studio time, so was he broke in that sense for a few years, yes.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
He was never broke, he only saying that.

Son grew up in a nice home, was on degrassi and got nice checks from it and is also a big rapper and though his contract is funny with j Prince, Universal, young money and bird man all in his pocket he made bank from it over time. With that said in his early career maybe things were slow at first money wise because I remember seeing Young Money artist preform on tv n shyt and them nikkas would look like they ain't have a hair cut in months and like they weren't really making bread. That changed up for Drake though.

delta

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jayz lost 92 bricks and y'all believe that

But Drake was making 50k a year for a coupla years and that meant he was never broke in life and lived that Silver Spoons life str8 out the womb

Y'all must be hella broke in here for this debate to be still going on
Man what are you on? That's known as jay z biggest lie and that's saying a lot :russ:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Jayz lost 92 bricks and y'all believe that

But Drake was making 50k a year for a coupla years and that meant he was never broke in life and lived that Silver Spoons life str8 out the womb

Y'all must be hella broke in here for this debate to be still going on

These nikkas exposing themselves.

Yea...Drake had money and was probably stunting on all the kids at his high school because of it but, he wasn't rich. The same way drug dealing kids at school weren't rich eventhough they had money to buy Jordans and cars at 16. And I don't even know why that's a bad thing. Drake made that money on his own. He wasn't living off his parents. He acted in a show and made that money. From a job. So what, when you were 16 years old if somebody offered you $50,000 a year to act, you wouldn't do it because corny broke nikkas on the Coli would say you were a silver spooned rich kid? :skip:

nikkas aint even responding to my points because they know how silly they sound. Was Miles off Moesha rich? Was Bullethead off Steve Harvey's show rich? Was Jamal & L-Train off City Guys rich? Was Silk, Julie and the other nikkas off Hang Time rich? Were the other characters off Degrassi rich? Why aren't they rich like Drake now if the Degrassi money was that long? :skip:I swear the hate stops people's ability to think critically. It was good money. Save up and go to college and have a little bit left over money. If his mixtapes never blew up, he would've got thrown off of Degrassi in 2007 and we would have never saw duke again but but he was so rich though:skip:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
if you makin 50k a year as a teenager thats wavy

but if you makin 50k a year as a teenager and youre the main breadwinner of your household, then its not quite as wavy.

50k with no expenses is dope

50k with rent, utilities, bills, plus the stupid shyt you wanna do as a teenager, that shyt is gone quick

then after you leave home, its on you to make your money

so unless drizzy went right from degrassi to OVO, he prolly had a few broke ass years in there when he wasnt in school and wasnt on degrassi
breh the avg salary of an american worker ain't even 50k... ain't even 40k

so miss me with this shyt

if you making that much money and broke, you a fukking fool with money... but you are not BROKE... cause you still getting the checks..

broke is having no money, no income, and your bills ain't paid... not house being paid off to own, fridge stocked, eating good, a car outside, but oh darn, i don't have enough to go to the bar tonight

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
:laff:you stans are so defensive. I hate drake now cause I pointed out an obvious contradiction from listening to his music?

:damn: protect papi !!!!!

When he's talking about not having money from acting, he's telling the truth and talking about his life :sas1:

But when he's bragging about the money he made acting, he's lying and exaggerating.:pachaha:

:umad: don't ever quote me again fakkit
:deadmanny:they contradict themselves so often, they don't notice it anymore!!

• Dap
Reactions: hex