When is the next big Xbox exclusive coming out?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I find it humorous how disingenuous the whole argument against Xbox is. Basically in 2018 (so 3 years ago) Microsoft began a drastic revamp of Xbox Game Studios. Microsoft has never had the kind of studio numbers they have right now but at the same time games don't just instantly materialize from thin air. It's gonna take at least 3 years to develop a large title. The first games from their efforts are likely to come out late 2021 through 2022.

The whole Xbox has no games argument is a backwards thinking argument. You kinda have to ignore the current level of studios the company has and look back and say the status quo of that time will continue indefinitely. Since 2018 Microsoft has added 13-14 studios that they didn't have for the initial 5 years of the Xbox One's life when the well ran dry on games outside the main 3 franchises.

Even the people making the argument know it's not going to hold up much longer so they shift their argument to "organic growth" or try to call Microsoft a monopoly and engage in all this evil empire type talk.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
I find it humorous how disingenuous the whole argument against Xbox is. Basically in 2018 (so 3 years ago) Microsoft began a drastic revamp of Xbox Game Studios. Microsoft has never had the kind of studio numbers they have right now but at the same time games don't just instantly materialize from thin air. It's gonna take at least 3 years to develop a large title. The first games from their efforts are likely to come out late 2021 through 2022.

The whole Xbox has no games argument is a backwards thinking argument. You kinda have to ignore the current level of studios the company has and look back and say the status quo of that time will continue indefinitely. Since 2018 Microsoft has added 13-14 studios that they didn't have for the initial 5 years of the Xbox One's life when the well ran dry on games outside the main 3 franchises.

Even the people making the argument know it's not going to hold up much longer so they shift their argument to "organic growth" or try to call Microsoft a monopoly and engage in all this evil empire type talk.
blah blah blah where the games???

MS owned plenty of studios before and still haven't put out shyt

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
blah blah blah where the games???

MS owned plenty of studios before and still haven't put out shyt
Where is Sony's online game service that lets you play any title they've put out and all titles they release going forward at a single low monthly payment of $9.99 and for many less than that price?

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Where is Sony's online game service that lets you play any title they've put out and all titles they release going forward at a single low monthly payment of $9.99 and for many less than that price?

And Sony has to do that why? lol

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
False equivalence.

Nobody is really pining for this type of service on Playstation. Only online do I see this bs being spouted as if it's a real concern.

In real life PS5 is selling by the boatload. People aren't holding off buying one due to PS Now not being 100% equivalent to Game pass. Game pass is not moving the needle as much the fans of it want it to. The PR for it is great though, that's why stans love talking about it so much.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yet, i bought disco elysium day one.

The point is we get 3rd party games, indie games, and 1st party games, we don’t have to choose and i can tell yall starting to get mad cause people are hyped for next gen games coming out. Imagine that.

The only reason you salty is cause xbox has nothing on the horizon. Yall jumped upo in the air for outriders and mlb because they were new games.

Yall would be doing backflips too if you literally had anything worth bragging about on your console.

Thats why you made that passive aggressive state of play thread.

Shocking, you bought yet another exclusive "day one" :martin: Sony stans are exclusive junkies....:manny:

The playstation does get it all of the above the problem is yall hype up the mid, and scrub your memory of the trash.

Yall literally bring up how great the astroboy demo is something that's a couple of hours and then will turn around and trash the grounded game preview something that I personally played for weeks with friends and was mad popular on twitch, same with sea of thieves... But bugsnax...

Then yall will hype up miles, and completely brush off gears tactic, and the gears dlc. while waiting on literally PART 15 of a ratchet and clank game.

and bleeding edge>>>>destruction all stars.

yall just mad bias.

I love how you hating on Outriders and MLB as if those game aren't getting playtime from PS fan as well as xbox fans alike. It's just xbox players got them for free:manny: So yeah most people are gonna be hype about that. And there was nothing passive aggressive about the state of play thread, I was hype for R&C until I saw more of the game and gameplay and it's just another Ratchet game, as if I haven't seen or played at least 6 or 7 of those in my lifetime.... I'm still going to play it because it looks AMAZING it just not a day 1 for me anymore.

Just because I wasn't hyping it up doesn't mean it was bad... something sony stans can't seem to separate.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why should Sony do that when their games are selling in their millions and making them mega profits? It’d be pure stupidity to do that. Gamepass only exists because Microsoft’s first party games were so shyt no one was buying them so they had to pretty much give them away on this service which by the way they’re actually losing money on and pretend it was some sort of success :mjlol:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
False equivalence.

Nobody is really pining for this type of service on Playstation. Only online do I see this bs being spouted as if it's a real concern.

In real life PS5 is selling by the boatload. People aren't holding off buying one due to PS Now not being 100% equivalent to Game pass.
So you saying that if a service existed for $9.99 a month and you could pay that and be playing Returnal today at no extra charge you wouldn't want such a service?

Again
I’m sorry but the only people I see bytching about Xbox and what’s available to play are typically people who don’t have Game Pass or don’t even own an Xbox. Most Xbox owners seem to be content with what’s available for them to play on that service.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why should Sony do that when their games are selling in their millions and making them mega profits? It’d be pure stupidity to do that. Gamepass only exists because Microsoft’s first party games were so shyt no one was buying them so they had to pretty much give them away on this service which by the way they’re actually losing money on and pretend it was some sort of success :mjlol:
They will

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So you saying that if a service existed for $9.99 a month and you could pay that and be playing Returnal today at no extra charge you wouldn't want such a service?

Again
That's your projection.

I have Game pass already.

I'm just saying the way some people pretend that Game pass is this inviolable service that if someone says they're not bothered by not having it then it means they're just a hater.

No, it's just not that serious Just like Xbox stans weren't concerned with having game streaming abilities on Xbox until recently but once they did they suddenly see the potential with streaming games. When PS Now and Remote play was the only console streaming service the Xbots had all this concern and technical know how of why it's not viable.

Fast forward a couple of years and Xcloud beta drops and suddenly they're privy to YMMV in terms of networking conditions. As if that didn't apply to PS Now :mjlol: