When is the next big Xbox exclusive coming out?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This month Returnal comes out. Maybe I wanna play it but not own it. For $9.99 a month on a service I can hop in for a month and play that, beat it then cancel my sub. If I wanna own Ratchet and Clank I can still buy it at full price. As a consumer that's better for me.

Who says as a consumer they want less options? Apparently you do.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Says who? You? There’s no proof that that’s where the industry is heading. Microsoft are the only major publisher that puts its games on subscription. Every other major publisher including Sony and Nintendo sells their games the old fashioned way and their hardware and software sales are still booming and no proof that sales are slowing. Sony’s record breaking financial report confirms this.
Stop lying Ubisoft does it right now including new games on release day
Ubisoft+ Subscription Service
You can get it from them direct or from Amazon via Luna.

Or are you saying Ubisoft isn't a major publisher?

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Stop lying Ubisoft does it right now including new games on release day
Ubisoft+ Subscription Service
You can get it from them direct or from Amazon via Luna.

Or are you saying Ubisoft isn't a major publisher?
Right, so two publishers. Lmao. If the industry is heading that way why are there only two publishers putting their games on there? Why aren’t they all rushing to set up their subscription service? I can also guarantee you Ubisoft makes most of its money on the PlayStation platform where it’s games are not on subscription

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This month Returnal comes out. Maybe I wanna play it but not own it. For $9.99 a month on a service I can hop in for a month and play that, beat it then cancel my sub. If I wanna own Ratchet and Clank I can still buy it at full price. As a consumer that's better for me.

Who says as a consumer they want less options? Apparently you do.
Where did I say this? You are taking my saying *I* don't want a service like that to mean I don't want *them* to introduce a service like that. I am staunchly against the digital future, so I'll reject such a service.

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Says who? You? There’s no proof that that’s where the industry is heading. Microsoft are the only major publisher that puts its games on subscription and they can afford to do that because they’ve got bottomless money and their games aren’t really selling like that.

Every other major publisher including Sony and Nintendo sells their games the old fashioned way and their hardware and software sales are still booming and no proof that sales are slowing. Sony’s record breaking financial report confirms this.

Even if the industry does eventually becomes subscription, content will determine who wins. Sony’s game content now, the future and the past destroys anything Microsoft has.

Just look at Disney and Netflix. Netflix had been in the game for years before Disney, yet thanks to Disney’s strong content, they’re quickly catching up to Netflix in subscription numbers.
Disney+ Is Quickly Catching Up To Netflix's Massive Streaming Lead

Sony is well prepared to handle a subscription future but now is not the time.
I knew this poster by the name of Courtdog right, he would scream about the cloud and how Microsoft was trying to turn Xbox live into a gaming service like how Sega had with Comcast back in the 90's. He's been talking shyt since sohh.com.

Here's how Sony is prepared bruh...
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/courtdog-was-right-console-war-officially-over.709827/#post-33709247

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Right, so two publishers. Lmao. If the industry is heading that way why are there only two publishers putting their games on there? Why aren’t they all rushing to set up their subscription service? I can also guarantee you Ubisoft makes most of its money on the PlayStation platform where it’s games are not on subscription

EA has EA Play a game subscription service. On the PC they also have EA Play Pro which for $15 a month lets you play new games day one just like Ubisoft and just like Microsoft Game Pass.

It isn't too far fetched to see them flip a switch and allow new titles for a higher monthly fee for longer than the 10 hour limit on the $4.99 console version partnering with Microsoft to have it as an add-on like Ubisoft does with Amazon Luna..

You're very naive if you don't think these games as a service loving publishers who all copy each other's moves aren't all headed to the same or a similar business model.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
The Future of Gaming is Subscription - Variety
New Study: Subscriptions are the Future of the Video Game Industry
Master the Meta: The future of gaming subscriptions

It's becoming so popular that some are worried about indie devs getting left behind but I disagree. That's a person who doesn't use the service, the indie titles are what's best to pay in between the AAA releases you want to play imo.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Next month PS5 users are getting these games and still nothing from Microsoft :patrice:

When is this Bethesda investment coming into play?

Last edited: