When I Was YOUNG...I Used To HATE BLACKS From The SUBURBS

Retired Account

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
The divide between "normal" blacks and "hood"/"ghetto" blacks is hurting us and is another form of self-hate, which is rampant in the black community. Currently, ignorance is taking over as the main trait/stereotype of the black community. This ignorance is being perpetuated,glorified, and celebrated by the most influential and powerful force in the black community: hiphop. Normal, educated and well-to-do black youth often suppress their own intelligence to appear more "street" and "hood". In the black community, intelligence is "lame and corny". Sounding and appearing smart as a black person gets you accused of "acting white". We OURSELVES look down on blacks who "come up" in life. We refer to them as "sell-outs", "c00ns", & "uncle toms".
Now on the other hand, "normal" blacks look down on urban "hood" blacks also. This too is being fueled by current hiphop culture. Hiphop culture promotes the most negative stereotypes of the black man and woman. Normal black people are affected tremendously by this. Since we (blacks in general) are such a minority in this country, normal blacks are often viewed as the stereotypes thats so prevalent in the media by people that have little to no regular contact with black people.
Hiphop and its ignorant stereotypes of the black man and woman is such a powerful and influential force in this country that it is causing us to hate, fear, and distrust ourselves. Hiphop teaches black people that OTHER BLACKS are the enemy. Hiphop teaches us that ignorance will pay off before education. Hiphop teaches us that if u aint from the hood then you aint a "real n1kka" hence probably why OP "used to hate blacks from the suburbs"

Do you do anything other than blame hip hop? :beli:

Daps
Reppin
Houston
If college has taught me anything it's that cornballs are cornballs, regardless where they're from. While I prefer not to be around the suburban try-hards, a lot of these so called "urban" types ain't much better. A lot of nikkas weren't raised right and will do the absolute most for a whiff of some blonde haired, blue-eyed pum pum.

Monster

Aztec Street Soldier
Daps

YOURE NOT BLACK bytch.
DONT TELL US HOW BLACK KIDS THINK.
WE FACED HATE FROM CACS
AND c00nERY FROM, SUBURBAN BLACKS.

:devil:
:evil:

eat a dikk you try hard fakkit. im half white half mexican, both my paretns grew up in the staright HOOD. my real dad was a 2nd genetaion mostly serb. i myself moved back and forth. YOU[RE TRYING TO HARD SUBURBAN BREH

NOW IF YOURSE SAYING THIS STARTED IN LATE HIGHSCHOOL/COLLEGE THAT'S ANOTHER THING.

IF YOU'RE SAYING YOU WERE LIKE 14 THINKING LIKE THIS YOU'RE FULL OF shyt

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Do you do anything other than blame hip hop? :beli:

Keep sleeping and thinking its "just entertainment"

This has been going on since before rap. Back in slavery days, slaves had to hide and suppress their intelligence as a defense mechanism. If white people thought they were intelligent, they could be killed. Today, the same is happening. Ignorance is rewarded and people who act that way are often seen as the "coolest". Educated, well-spoken blacks are often labeled as "lame". Hiphop culture is fueling this. You can deny it all you want, doesn't mean its not true. There's a specific reason that 90% of music aimed at blacks promotes ignorant, destructive behavior. Its by design. You'll realize this one day and instead of mocking me for "blaming hiphop", you"ll thank me.

Retired Account

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Keep sleeping and thinking its "just entertainment"

This has been going on since before rap. Back in slavery days, slaves had to hide and suppress their intelligence as a defense mechanism. If white people thought they were intelligent, they could be killed. Today, the same is happening. Ignorance is rewarded and people who act that way are often seen as the "coolest". Educated, well-spoken blacks are often labeled as "lame". Hiphop culture is fueling this. You can deny it all you want, doesn't mean its not true. There's a specific reason that 90% of music aimed at blacks promotes ignorant, destructive behavior. Its by design. You'll realize this one day and instead of mocking me for "blaming hiphop", you"ll thank me.

Why you trying to compare hip hop to slavery :dahell:
There are worse things than hipnhop in the black community

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Why you trying to compare hip hop to slavery :dahell:
There are worse things than hipnhop in the black community

Ill end this convo by saying that you have ALOT of awakening to do. And you obviously missed the point of my entire post. Thats an informative vid i posted. It really starts around 4:00. You should watch it someday

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

THIS ISNT A BEING WELL SPOKEN ISSUE
NOR A HIP HOP ISSUE...

I WAS ALWAYS A WELL SPOKEN HONORS STUDENT...
USED TO GET TEASED BY THE HOMIES
FOR GIVING MY SPEECHES SO PROPER...

SUBURBAN BLACKS HAVE ALWAYS LOOKED AT LOWER CLASS BLACKS THROUGH THE EYES OF WHITES.

:devil:
:evil:

One day you'll make the connection (as i have) that current hiphop culture is continuing to make "ignorance" the main trait of the black community. Hence, why you were teased for speaking well. It all goes back to slave days and us being "conditioned" for 400 years to have to hide our intelligence. Hiphop culture (which is arguebly the most powerful and influential force in the black community) paints ALL black people in a negative, stereotypical light, even to ourselves. It ingraines hate, fear, and distrust towards our own people. Which is why some normal "suburban" blacks view lower class "ghetto" blacks through the eyes of whites, as you would put it

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
I was always the suburban black kid who got shunned and made fun of for "talking white." I made so many genuine efforts throughout, both, middle school and high school to make friends/build bonds with my fellow black peers. It was always the same--a$$hole jokes about my clothing, and the way I talked. It got so bad that white kids started to join in. Both groups acting as a team to attack me. That's why I started to hate myself, and became a loner. I was always...ALWAYS jealous of the bond other blacks would have with each other. I wish I could tell you some happy ending to this story where I eventually met some black people who accepted me, but I can't. I'm now in my early 20s trying to figure out who I am, as a black man, in this world. I just feel so isolated. It sucks, but I definitely hold no hatred for my black brothers and sisters....just towards myself.

Bugatti Biceps

Supreme Hacker
Daps
Reppin
Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn NY
according to your definition.

my definiton of suburb is suburban. almost urban, not quite urban, not quite rural.

nothing to debate about. You're not gonna change my outlook.

Worst projects in the country were in Chicago breh, and I lived in that shyt. fukk outta here with that nonsense.

Daps
The divide between "normal" blacks and "hood"/"ghetto" blacks is hurting us and is another form of self-hate, which is rampant in the black community. Currently, ignorance is taking over as the main trait/stereotype of the black community. This ignorance is being perpetuated,glorified, and celebrated by the most influential and powerful force in the black community: hiphop. Normal, educated and well-to-do black youth often suppress their own intelligence to appear more "street" and "hood". In the black community, intelligence is "lame and corny". Sounding and appearing smart as a black person gets you accused of "acting white". We OURSELVES look down on blacks who "come up" in life. We refer to them as "sell-outs", "c00ns", & "uncle toms".
Now on the other hand, "normal" blacks look down on urban "hood" blacks also. This too is being fueled by current hiphop culture. Hiphop culture promotes the most negative stereotypes of the black man and woman. Normal black people are affected tremendously by this. Since we (blacks in general) are such a minority in this country, normal blacks are often viewed as the stereotypes thats so prevalent in the media by people that have little to no regular contact with black people.
Hiphop and its ignorant stereotypes of the black man and woman is such a powerful and influential force in this country that it is causing us to hate, fear, and distrust ourselves. Hiphop teaches black people that OTHER BLACKS are the enemy. Hiphop teaches us that ignorance will pay off before education. Hiphop teaches us that if u aint from the hood then you aint a "real n1kka" hence probably why OP "used to hate blacks from the suburbs"
shut up nikka.

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
I was always the suburban black kid who got shunned and made fun of for "talking white." I made so many genuine efforts throughout, both, middle school and high school to make friends/build bonds with my fellow black peers. It was always the same--a$$hole jokes about my clothing, and the way I talked. It got so bad that white kids started to join in. Both groups acting as a team to attack me. That's why I started to hate myself, and became a loner. I was always...ALWAYS jealous of the bond other blacks would have with each other. I wish I could tell you some happy ending to this story where I eventually met some black people who accepted me, but I can't. I'm now in my early 20s trying to figure out who I am, as a black man, in this world. I just feel so isolated. It sucks, but I definitely hold no hatred for my black brothers and sisters....just towards myself.

Damn bro . I wouldve fukked with you. :mjcry: I wasnt from the burbs but I was the only 12 yr old black in Honors at my high school (prolly in my city) . All the blacks actually gave me props , too bad my young ass followed the gangbangers around :snoop: