When did the myth that andre 3000 is better than big boi start

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
It started when the white man eminem told them 3 stacks was top 5. That's a fact. Check when em said it then check when nikkas started saying it. Em started that bullshyt. nikkas heard massa say it and that bullshyt was stamped in their minds ever since. nikkas defending that bullshyt and even justifying it. Everyone always rocked with big boi more as a rapper until that em shyt:mjpls:

Edit: i see people still avoiding this fact :dead:
If this is true, why didn't it do anything for Redman who is at the top of the list in that song? :francis:

He's respected but he aint in nikkas top 5's like that (he's in mine but that's besides the point)

Though now I get the feeling he'll magically enter Coli nikkas top 5's just for the sake of this thread :martin:

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
The Andre > Big Boi sentiment has been around since at least Aquemini

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
Can 't we just appreciate Dre's brother Antwan aka Daddy Fat Sacks

I-I-I be on it yeah I be on it all nite and all day straight up.. Pimp, if ya want me u can find in Tha A..Time and time again I gotta tell Black Nate Black Owned C Bone/Boi, grab that colonge out my bag 'cause i smell 'dro all on you homes

You might slang a lil reefer just 2 pay the rent 5 dollars for a table dance band now ya money's spent/You listen 2 that booty shake muzik in yo trunk as long as there's that tick tick followed by that bump/I'm down 2 stick a hoe if she got a g-string 'cause nikkas from the 'Port ain't changed/You might call us country but we's only southern but I don't give fukk because I'm down 2 spark another

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Whole lotta history being rewritten in this thread.

People said that since "Player's Ball". People act like The Source gave Andre the group's first Hip-Hop Quotable for the fukk of it.

I know it's cool to shyt on The Source in 2016 but in '96 it was a big deal to get something like that. For rappers and fans alike.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So how much money did 3000 fukk up for Big Boi?

Between turned down endorsements and cancelled tours, potentially millions.

Big Boi is probably fine financially because he had his own pit bull kennel and invested in real estate. But still, they lost a ton of money.

Fred.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
I'm tellin you...this shyt NEVER happened. Best case scenario, you had dudes who liked both of em but Big Boi over Andre? Never happened while they were together. I don't care how much these dudes type and how many daps they get.

Don't be surprised if later in the year, we see the following topics:

"Since when was Pharoahe Monch better than Prince Po?" :notithes:

"Lowkey, El Da Sensei was always better than Tame One" :mjpls:

"You know, Ol Dirty never got his props for being the best in the Clan" :mjcry:

shyt is despicable

shyt is sickening, g.

NegaDuck

"F*ck Duckberg ho!"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eastside of Duckton
I PERSONALLY like Big Boi better because of his flow and subject matter...BUT neither one is better than the other skill wise over all imo

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
It started when the white man eminem told them 3 stacks was top 5. That's a fact. Check when em said it then check when nikkas started saying it. Em started that bullshyt. nikkas heard massa say it and that bullshyt was stamped in their minds ever since. nikkas defending that bullshyt and even justifying it. Everyone always rocked with big boi more as a rapper until that em shyt:mjpls:

Edit: i see people still avoiding this fact :dead:

I swear y'all nikkas is retarded.

Easy to spot mufukkas who just got into hip hop in the 2000s.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I'm tellin you...this shyt NEVER happened. Best case scenario, you had dudes who liked both of em but Big Boi over Andre? Never happened while they were together. I don't care how much these dudes type and how many daps they get.

Don't be surprised if later in the year, we see the following topics:

"Since when was Pharoahe Monch better than Prince Po?" :notithes:

"Lowkey, El Da Sensei was always better than Tame One" :mjpls:

"You know, Ol Dirty never got his props for being the best in the Clan" :mjcry:

shyt is despicable

False equivalencies. Those rappers are CLEARLY less capable MCs than their bandmates that you are mentioning them with. Andre is not CLEARLY a better MC than Big Boi. And Redman didn't get that 3 Stacks love because he's not really in a group (I don't consider Def Squad a group, more like a collective) and he was ALWAYS considered one of the best MCs in the game.
Also, a MC getting a Hip Hop quotable does not equate to him being the best in his group. Inspectah Deck got a Hip Hop quotable but he is not the best MC in his group.

Last edited:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
:mjlol: @ lyrical, miracle, spiritual ass stangirls dikksuckin Angay 3K aka Yawndre 3K when Batty Boi aka Boi George is an infinitely better rapper

Angay 3K is such a p*ssy he's shook to release music cuz he knows it'll be compared to the GOAT Hov and he'll lose his metrosexual mystique & be looked at as the talent less, pump faking, moist ass country bumpkin c00n version of Jay Elec he is :mjlol:

shyt, at least Batty Boy's smart enough to never attempt to rap with the GOAT Hov like Angay did when he got demolished on I Do worse than he does IRL by his BM's voodoo p*ssy

anigif_enhanced-buzz-4528-1381155488-21.gif
Except for big boi (and killer Mike) has killed jay on two seperate occasions. :umad:

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
For me the question is when did dude even become an excellent rapper...Out of the blue dude was a staple in everybody's top 10...:krs:

No one ever said andre benjamin was a goat rapper, but andre 3000 sure got that praise once he started dressing like the missing member in parliament