When did the myth that andre 3000 is better than big boi start

Daps
Your corny emojis don't change the facts. That just isn't even remotely true. You clearly didn't live through their 1993-1998 run because no he wasn't considered better at all. Nobody was really considered better than the other. They were pretty much equals but real nikkas like Big Boi more because he wasn't a weirdo. Only after years of Internet brainwashing was Andre considered this GOAT contender while Big Boi somehow became the talented after thought. Saying Andre is better is a very logical and fair assessment, I'm not mad at that. Saying that he was always looked at as superior is just flat out incorrect and bs.
Where are you from and where were you living from '93-'98?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I think there was an article where Cee Lo said Andre was writin some of big boi's verses on some "i ain't supposed to say this shyt" type shyt

Alot of people prefered big boi to andre back then but andre had the women

Also, Kanye n nem started to take off around the time outkast's retirement was up in the air, and the whole metro/flamboyant wave hiphop steered into was more geared towards Andre's sensibilities rather than Big Boi's. Plus Andre did features with the artists who represented that wave, so emotions around that time were in Andre's favor.
Big Boi shut that shyt down. Actually said it was the most ridiculous thing he ever heard about himself. Cee Lo prolly always had a bitterness toward Big Boi cause he was originally supposed to be in Big Boi's spot. Dre was his best friend.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Ironically. It started after the nikka STOPPED rapping. Lol. Revisionist shyt. Big Boi was always the most sought after for features in the 90s and early 00s. I will say tho. Andre at his best > Big Boi.

That's a gotdamn lie.

Big Boi did more features because he agreed to do them.

There was never a time when Big Boi was generally considered better than Andre before or after he stopped rapping.

I'm getting the feeling that there's a clique on this site determined to revise hip hop history.

OP most definitely being one of them.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's never been a myth. People have always favored one or the other especially when they branched off and started appearing solo on other people's songs. Andre was droppin crazy verses on TLC's "Something Wicked" and Goodie Mob's "Though Process". I think by the time Aquemini came out people started to champion Andre. The Source nominated him for lyricist of the year in '99 (still a slight to Big Boi).

YourMajesty

F*ck Ya Corny Debates
Daps
"I got a list here's the order of my list that it's in. It goes Reggie, Jay-Z, Tupac and Biggie, Andre from OutKast, Jada, Kurupt, Nas and then me"

That's where it started

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
"I got a list here's the order of my list that it's in. It goes Reggie, Jay-Z, Tupac and Biggie, Andre from OutKast, Jada, Kurupt, Nas and then me"

That's where it started
yep...then Dre disappeared and his guest verses became collectibles

to be honest, hearing him solo made me appreciate how dope he was..when i was growing up, i fukked with big boi waaayy more simply cause he was the normal one.and it definitely didnt seem like dre was superior..in hindsight, its a little glaring that Dre was better..

Daps
During the early days of OutKast around their first two albums, I thought Big Boi had better performances than Dre. His verses are personally more memorable and his flow was a lot more smooth to listen to. I guess, Big Boi was a more entertaining rapper to listen to.

Starting with Aquemini, Andre became the standout rapper. Although Big Boi held his own, Andre's clever poetic lyricism stood out on that album especially. He was musically very versatile too.

Speakerboxxx > TLB

Both very close tho. Both top 15