luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
This whole thread is blasphemous :dead:

Now we questioning Andre's greatness? :dame::dame:

Jay constantly getting washed by him on every track they were on 2gether, let that sink in & not to mention bodied both Rakim & Jay on the same track :dame:

There's a track with Andre 3000, Jay-Z, AND Rakim on it? :leon:

....with Andre 3000 washing both of them on it? What song are you talking about? :feedme:

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
he was the first to be all the way original and true to himself

introspective and spoke from a different narrative than 95% of rappers

but he didnt come off as super lame he kicked that G shyt

he also was funk which is one of the main staples of hiphop in the purest sense

saying you like big boi better is understandable, but discrediting one of the masters that kept it all the way 100 ... made it to diamond and didnt particularly care if he did or not

rosa parks verse and art of storytelling pt 2 >

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Like I said bro. Real life says otherwise. EVERYBODY was gettin verses from Big Boi. That's who they went to for features. I don't even feel a way about people sayin 3K was better. But to act like Big Boi was some sidekick. Hell nah. That was NEVER a reality while the group was poppin. They both brought different shyt to the table.

Nah, I'm not buying it. I never hear this shyt until I come to the Booth, and it's always after the fact (Outkast split, Pimp's death, etc)

Next yall gon tell me Havoc was always better than Prodigy :whiteparadise:

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
alot of people ...actually 90% of people in here have no idea about outkast either which is sad

Andre 3000 put himself on the backburner for the whole family ... when they wanted him to crossover and leave bigboi ... from the beginning ... and even more so after Hey Ya ... he refused to release music and to let Big Boi get the recognition he deserved. He is constantly helping artists with features and in the white medias eyes ... the bigger Andre would have gotten the more Big Boi wouldnt have a platform. It would have completely fukked Big Bois career up and made them hate eachother. Its the Yin Yang but if Andre dropped tomorrow the media and everyone would act like Big Boi didnt exist ... By him sitting in limbo it keeps the whole group afloat ... his fame (wanted or not) would overshadow and destroy Dungeon Family

blackestofpanthers

God forgives, you are forgiven.
Daps
Reppin
Bay area
It started when the white man eminem told them 3 stacks was top 5. That's a fact. Check when em said it then check when nikkas started saying it. Em started that bullshyt. nikkas heard massa say it and that bullshyt was stamped in their minds ever since. nikkas defending that bullshyt and even justifying it. Everyone always rocked with big boi more as a rapper until that em shyt:mjpls:

Edit: i see people still avoiding this fact :dead:

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Nah, I'm not buying it. I never hear this shyt until I come to the Booth, and it's always after the fact (Outkast split, Pimp's death, etc)

Next yall gon tell me Havoc was always better than Prodigy :whiteparadise:
Bro. But that's just not true for Hav and P. nikkas always knew P was that nikka. Which is why the proof is in the pudding. In the 90s. P had ALL the features. U barely if ever saw a solo Havoc feature. With Outkast it's the opposite. Everybody went to Big Boi for verses. The proof is in the pudding. I'm not even sayin that makes Big Boi better. I'm sayin it proves Big Boi wasn't some sidekick. That was NEVER the rhetoric for Outkast until after Speakerboxx/Love Below. Around when Andre stopped rapping and white people started gassin him. There was def people who felt Andre was better. But it wasn't this overwhelming thing like it is now where people act like Andre was the group.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I think there was an article where Cee Lo said Andre was writin some of big boi's verses on some "i ain't supposed to say this shyt" type shyt

Alot of people prefered big boi to andre back then but andre had the women

Also, Kanye n nem started to take off around the time outkast's retirement was up in the air, and the whole metro/flamboyant wave hiphop steered into was more geared towards Andre's sensibilities rather than Big Boi's. Plus Andre did features with the artists who represented that wave, so emotions around that time were in Andre's favor.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
So now we gon revise history like Big Boi wasn't looked at as anything but a sidekick despite his talent :skip:

I can't with this board sometimes :timmyimout:
Most people didn't look at Andre was better when Outkast was at its peak. As Spliz said, it shows by who got more solo features. In fact, I never even heard anyone say Andre was better until I got online and a bunch of nerdy sissies liked Andre better because he was a cross dressing weirdo that they related with, so they gravitated to him more. nikkas that actually went outside, thought that nikka was super talented but a goofy and enjoyed Big Boi more.

Y'all love using the term "revisionist" history even when it doesn't apply simply to make it seem like your stance was the more popular opinion back in the day. Most of y'all be talking out your ass. This is a perfect example.

Daps
Most people didn't look at Andre was better when Outkast was at its peak. As Spliz said, it shows by who got more solo features. In fact, I never even heard anyone say Andre was better until I got online and a bunch of nerdy sissies liked Andre better because he was a cross dressing weirdo that they related with, so they gravitated to him more. nikkas that actually went outside, thought that nikka was super talented but a goofy and enjoyed Big Boi more.

Y'all love using the term "revisionist" history even when it doesn't apply simply to make it seem like your stance was the more popular opinion back in the day. Most of y'all be talking out your ass. This is a perfect example.
:dwillhuh:

Andre was always looked at as being better than Antwan.

Last edited:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
:dwillhuh:

Andre was always looked at as being better than Antwan.
Your corny emojis don't change the facts. That just isn't even remotely true. You clearly didn't live through their 1993-1998 run because no he wasn't considered better at all. Nobody was really considered better than the other. They were pretty much equals but real nikkas like Big Boi more because he wasn't a weirdo. Only after years of Internet brainwashing was Andre considered this GOAT contender while Big Boi somehow became the talented after thought. Saying Andre is better is a very logical and fair assessment, I'm not mad at that. Saying that he was always looked at as superior is just flat out incorrect and bs.

milik_19

Pro
Daps
I love both of em, but to me Andre might be superior. The thing for me is that Andre just had a more varied subject matter than Big Boi and Andre stepped his game up on Aquemini. I never heard Big Boi spitting verses like Andre on Return of The G, Aquemini last verse, Synthesizer, Da Art of Storytelling. To me they are very equal, but Andre's verses on Aquemini puts him over Big Boi imo. On other Kast albums they are equal

DreadBrown

Feed the children
Daps
This thread is bullshyt

3000 is in my top 3 but outkast appeal was always the contrast between big and 3000 it was never about who was better.

3000 feature run is what confuses the issue and that came more or less after outkast as a group was finished. To me it all started with the walk it out remix