When did the myth that andre 3000 is better than big boi start

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
It's all Apples & Oranges but We all still hope someday they'll put the band back together again :salute:
Big Boi
West Savannah
Dirty South
Aquemini
Ain't No Thang
Player's Club
Benz Or Beamer
Return Of The G
Rooster
We Luv These Hoes
So Fresh So Clean
Spotieotiedoplalicious
Kryptonite
Skew It On Da Barbie
Church
Reset
Morris Brown

Andre
Day In The Life Of..
2 Dope Boys
Jazzybelle
Git Up Git Out
Sorry
Elevators
Mainstream
Chonkyfire
Hollywood Divorce
I Can't Wait (Sleepy Brown)
Funkin Around
Gasoline Dreams
Art Of Storytellin 2
Watch For The Hook

Last edited:

3:30

Thread Killer
Daps
Reppin
3:30
Damn I had this same exact thought earlier today when I randomly heard So Fresh, So Clean.

I think its defiantly the delivery. He can def spit and has charisma but he has a very "choppy" flow. Kinda hard to follow.

You sound kinda soft not being able to follow flows

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Big Boi was easily the better rapper, but Dre would often have the most memorable verse or line.

This whole thread is blasphemous :dead:
Now we questioning Andre's greatness? :dame:
3 Stacks is your favorite rappers favorite rapper, let that sink in :dame:

Face arguably top 10 all time and a legend bowing down in the presence of Mr 3000, let that sink in :dame:
Jay constantly getting washed by him on every track they were on 2gether, let that sink in & not to mention bodied both Rakim & Jay on the same track :dame:

His features are more memorable than the next rapper whole catalogs :dame:

I'm sorry but no one is as skilled(cept for prime Nas) & more entertaining than Andre 3k on the mic. Believe that!
Anytime he drops a hot 16, he got the whole rap fans in a frenzy :wow:

His greatness knows no bound :blessed:

Forever? Foreva evaa, foreva evaaaaa :mjcry:

:what:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I've always said Big Boi was better. Andre has a higher peak but Big Boi is more consistent and constantly puts out music that's high quality. Andre drops a verse once every 3 years. He should be writing some Rakim in his prime level bars with that much time in between songs.

Damn I had this same exact thought earlier today when I randomly heard So Fresh, So Clean.

I think its defiantly the delivery. He can def spit and has charisma but he has a very "choppy" flow. Kinda hard to follow.

Ironically. It started after the nikka STOPPED rapping. Lol. Revisionist shyt. Big Boi was always the most sought after for features in the 90s and early 00s. I will say tho. Andre at his best > Big Boi.

Big Boi always been the best in the group. No knock on 3 Stacks though.

So now we gon revise history like Big Boi wasn't looked at as anything but a sidekick despite his talent :skip:

I can't with this board sometimes :timmyimout:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Regardless of what they've done as a group, until 3K releases an actual solo RAP album, it'll always be Big Boi >>>>>>> 3K, and at the rate 3K makes music, it'll stay that way until the year 3000. People got so enamored with 3K rocking powder blue scarves and dashiki pants, that it distracted them from the actual music. 3K became a character/gimmick more than a rapper. The Love Below was simply a pop and genre-bending "different" album that spawned a bunch of these extra sensitive doing to much artists that we've been seeing since maybe 2007, a whole bunch of jack of all trades but a master of none types. 3k is dope don't get me wrong, but the way people compare Outkast you would think 3k was Biggie and Big Boi was Loon. I'm taking all of Big Boi's solos and Got Purp comps over anything 3k has and will ever release

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
So now we gon revise history like Big Boi wasn't looked at as anything but a sidekick despite his talent :skip:

I can't with this board sometimes :timmyimout:
Like I said bro. Real life says otherwise. EVERYBODY was gettin verses from Big Boi. That's who they went to for features. I don't even feel a way about people sayin 3K was better. But to act like Big Boi was some sidekick. Hell nah. That was NEVER a reality while the group was poppin. They both brought different shyt to the table.