FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Did you buy and consistently play any big boi solo albums
Big Boi solo album is better than the last Outkast album (that idle wild bs) and Speakerboxx is better than The Love Below. Lie and say it ain't.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Naw. This Hip Hop. MC conversations in the streets, barbershop, in the crib, etc...is always had. If Andre was this monumental God-like MC that some of yall cats claim he is, I would've heard someone say it. Never did until Marshall said it. I been in damn near every neighborhood in NYC and had talks with real Hip Hop heads in those neighborhoods and I never was hearing Dre name come up as a GOAT MC before the Em mention. And anytime Outkast was brought up, I never heard talks about how much better Dre is than Big Boi like how people mention all the time how much better Prodigy was than Havoc when Mobb Deep was talked about.
Lol 90's NYC is irrelevant when it comes assessing Outkast. They were listening to garbage nikkas like Group Home when Kast got booed there in 95.

Nobody with a lick of hip-hop sense ever thought Big Boi was better than Dre. No diss to Big Boi who is dope in hos own right.

Eoin

Pro
Daps
Big always had them one liners

Doin donuts 'round u suckas like them circle round them titties

Shoulda bailed out but ya throwed the punch/shoulda ate her out but ya packed a lunch/shoulda bought a oz but ya copped a dub

Leave a muthafukka open like a folder he from the dirty so here comes the paranoia

Foyer not folder :lolbron:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Big Boi solo album is better than the last Outkast album (that idle wild bs) and Speakerboxx is better than The Love Below. Lie and say it ain't.
Exactly. nikkas gon sit here and act like "I Like The Way You Move" and "Ghetto Musik" n shyt ain't better than "Hey Ya" and "Roses"? nikkas gonna act like Big Boi ain't have singles like Kryptonite while Dre was on some other shyt? Lol. Listen to those songs. They sound like actual Outkast songs. And nikkas tryna act like Andre was end all be all for the group.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Exactly. nikkas gon sit here and act like "I Like The Way You Move" and "Ghetto Musik" n shyt ain't better than "Hey Ya" and "Roses"? nikkas gonna act like Big Boi ain't have singles like Kryptonite while Dre was on some other shyt? Lol. Listen to those songs. They sound like actual Outkast songs. And nikkas tryna act like Andre was end all be all for the group.
Facts bro. And again saying Andre is better is fine, most people think that. (I don't get how when one put out a bunch of dope music consistently while the other one drops a verse once every other year, but hey) But acting like Big Boi was some side kick nikka that rode Andre coat-tails is some complete bullshyt. These nikkas sound nuts.

Grand_Verbalizer

All Star
Daps
Whatever side you're choosing cool but the arguments for Big Boi here have been 99.9% weak as hell, "Andre was weird" weirdos liked him blah blah eminem,"fruity Internet posters like him" etc.
NO talk about lyrics, flows, wordplay, standout verses etc.

At the same time they're saying Dre has a higher peak which really is what matters most especially if we're talking about the defining outkast years.

Look at their features on Soul Food, right there we saw the heights Dre could reach and since then he's matched or surpassed those highs ALOT, big boi rarely reached those levels

And yes acting like big boi ain't shyt is WRONG (though personally I've never seen it) he's a great mc in his own right

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Facts bro. And again saying Andre is better is fine, most people think that. (I don't get how when one put out a bunch of dope music consistently while the other one drops a verse once every other year, but hey) But acting like Big Boi was some side kick nikka that rode Andre coat-tails is some complete bullshyt. These nikkas sound nuts.
Exactly. I REFUSE to let nikkas shyt on Big Boi like that. And treat him like some Havoc ass nikka. This ain't even about who nikkas feel is better. It's about the change of rhetoric to make people all of a sudden shyt on Big Boi.

Last edited:

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
It's not a myth.

Andre has a more unique style and delivery. It's more melodic and he's much more vulnerable in his thoughts/wording than a typical MC is. Love Below kind of sums it up perfectly.

Big Boi, while an above average MC and no slouch by any means, he is still closer to the traditional bravado type MC.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Whatever side you're choosing cool but the arguments for Big Boi here have been 99.9% weak as hell, "Andre was weird" weirdos liked him blah blah eminem,"fruity Internet posters like him" etc.

At the same time they're saying Dre has a higher peak which really is what matters most especially if we're talking about the defining outkast years.

Look at their features on Soul Food, right there we saw the heights Dre could reach and since then he's matched or surpassed those highs ALOT, big boi rarely reached those levels

And yes acting like big boi ain't shyt is WRONG (though personally I've never seen it) he's a great mc in his own right
This is the whole point we been tryna make. Not who is the better rapper. But nikkas actin like he ain't shyt is my prob. nikkas actin like he was a sidekick is my prob.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Your comprehension skills aren't up to par. Nobody is saying Big Boi is better because Andre is a weirdo, we're simply saying Andre didn't get the love he gets now as the "clear better of the two" until the weirdos online started clamoring over him because they related more to his strange behavior. The weirdos finally had someone to look up to.

Andre is a better lyricist but Big Boi has him beat in flow and delivery imo.

Grand_Verbalizer

All Star
Daps
Your comprehension skills aren't up to par. Nobody is saying Big Boi is better because Andre is a weirdo, we're simply saying Andre didn't get the love he gets now as the "clear better of the two" until the weirdos online started clamoring over him because they related more to his strange behavior. The weirdos finally had someone to look up to.

I understand that just fine and still think it's a weak argument

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Exactly. nikkas gon sit here and act like "I Like The Way You Move" and "Ghetto Musik" n shyt ain't better than "Hey Ya" and "Roses"?

:beli:

Nobody in their right mind would argue that, they ain't even the same genre. You're talking about songs that came out a decade after 'kast first single, everyone else is talking about 'kast actual run. Specifically their first 3 albums, before the mainstream really caught on.

And yes Big Boi kept the Outkast name alive but you're acting like that factors into how the group was seen in the 90's.

I don't even know what the thread is about any more. It went from "was Andre considered better than Big Boi?" to "was Big Boi a sidekick and/or garbage?". The two got nothing to do with each other. Some of you are acting like if Dre is better than Big Boi, it means Big Boi is just a weed carrier or something.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm :mjlol:that people seriously think Eminem swayed people's opinions on Andre. The type of people that would let Em control their opinions on rap music do not give a fukk about top 5 lists, or engaging in these kinds of discussions, at all.

Fred.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps

I'm far from a weirdo and I've ALWAYS thought that Andre was the superior MC. Big boi definitely DID NOT have a better flow. At times big boi was sounding like silk the shocker. Andre held it down and was the stand out talent