Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
@Vincenzo_Corleone
What you think about this

Dope.

I've seen/heard the Gary Kurtz stuff before but a lot of it I kind of take with a grain of salt. I definitely agree with the commentator that George gets unfairly hated on.

As for his vision of Episode VII, I like TFA but I hate that they soft rebooted the OG Star Wars. I just think its so lazy and I have said this from jump - if George himself had done this with Episode I he would've been hated for it. So I'm with him 100% that I hate the "retro" shyt Disney went for.

I rank it lowest just for that, knowing it's better edited/more fun overall than Phantom Menace. I can at least respect Phantom.

The OG idea sounds dope, JEDI was indeed clearly very neatly wrapping up all storylines. It worked in most cases imo, and I would never sacrifice the throne room scenes so I'm happy with what we got.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dope.

I've seen/heard the Gary Kurtz stuff before but a lot of it I kind of take with a grain of salt. I definitely agree with the commentator that George gets unfairly hated on.

As for his vision of Episode VII, I like TFA but I hate that they soft rebooted the OG Star Wars. I just think its so lazy and I have said this from jump - if George himself had done this with Episode I he would've been hated for it. So I'm with him 100% that I hate the "retro" shyt Disney went for.

I rank it lowest just for that, knowing it's better edited/more fun overall than Phantom Menace. I can at least respect Phantom.

The OG idea sounds dope, JEDI was indeed clearly very neatly wrapping up all storylines. It worked in most cases imo, and I would never sacrifice the throne room scenes so I'm happy with what we got.
Yeah I read several people mention that they had to play it safe to garner the audience they may had lost because of the prequels. I feel that Ep 7 would've made around the same gross regardless as long as the reviews were positive.

Daps
Reppin
Dark Dimension
Still want a darth Vader centered movie that takes place between 3 and 4... hopefully rogue one does him some justice... it just sucks because he's two different people between ROTS and ANH...

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
If you go back and watch ROTS, you can see that Obi Wan has his own personal disagreements with the Jedi council.

[before telling Anakin to spy on the Chancellor]
Obi Wan: "Anakin, I'm on your side and I didn't want to put you in this situation."
---
[before leaving to find General Grievous alone like the Council demanded]
Anakin: "You're going to need my help on this one."
Obi Wan: "Oh I agree."
---
[after Mace and Yoda race their doubts about Anakin]
Obi Wan: "He will not let me down. He never has."

He was just more subtle about it than Anakin obviously. There was a lot going on in the Jedi Council that he had concerns or disagreements with.

Daps
Reppin
Dark Dimension
tumblr_inline_mx6342Z5KG1qbu097.jpg

:mjcry:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
It is some of the saddest shyt ever..

He only turned to try and save Padme, Luke and Leia..

:to:

shyt was horrible
Lucas really was cashing it in as a director.
Anakin turning should have been extremely tragic (should have been the 2nd movie) because it showed the failure of the Jedi Council and Order itself, building off the ineptitude and inflexibility hinted at in the 1st prequel with Qui Gon Jin. On top of refusing to listen and provide council to one of their younger members they alienated, ignored, him and pushed him towards the snake palpatine who was hiding in their faces in plain sight. but lucas never focused on the fall enough to make it hit hard emotionally and the prequels suffer for it.

the 3rd prequel should have been his gradual corruption as Darth Vader and the murdering of his former friends (who should have been built up in the 1st 2 prequels) until he became the cold calculated man that everyone feared.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
the 3rd prequel should have been his gradual corruption as Darth Vader and the murdering of his former friends (who should have been built up in the 1st 2 prequels) until he became the cold calculated man that everyone feared.

He wasn't that cold and calculated.

He was choking out people in boardrooms and across spaceships. He fell for Obi-Wan baiting him in ANH and let Luke slip out of his grasp. His plan to let the Falcon escape also backfired BECAUSE of Luke making Obi-Wans victory complete.

The only thing he did that kind of worked was torturing Han to draw Luke out, but then instead of killing or turning Luke he again failed plus the Falcon escaped him again. Finally he let the Emperor SUCKER him into fighting a younger version of his himself who isn't half droid and got his ass whooped, then he turned on the Emperor.

That's exactly what prequel Anakin was like, question him and he loses his shyt. He looked like he wanted to take on the Council for not making him a master.

I think one of the great things the prequels did is show that a lot of people romanticized Darth Vader. He was a scumbag who spent all the movies taking orders from other people. He tortures young princesses and his son's friends and stands by to watch. He threatens his son that he'll do the same to his own daughter.

George/Hayden absolutely nailed that Anakin/Vader at his core was a psychopathic loser who only really made a few good decisions in his adult life. By design he's the opposite of Luke - a genuinely good guy pushed into doing a few questionable things.

GOAT villain/movie character :wow:

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
Lucas really was cashing it in as a director.
Anakin turning should have been extremely tragic (should have been the 2nd movie) because it showed the failure of the Jedi Council and Order itself, building off the ineptitude and inflexibility hinted at in the 1st prequel with Qui Gon Jin. On top of refusing to listen and provide council to one of their younger members they alienated, ignored, him and pushed him towards the snake palpatine who was hiding in their faces in plain sight. but lucas never focused on the fall enough to make it hit hard emotionally and the prequels suffer for it.

:what: nikka that's exactly what the fukk happened

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Palpatine: I know how to save Padme
Anakin: :ohhh:

Palpatine: Now that you've killed Sam Jackson, together we might be able to figure out how to save Padme

Anakin: Wait a second, now it's a maybe?

Palpatine: It's not like dusting crops, boy. Now kill all the Jedi, even the kids, and go kill Nute Gunray and some other people you don't know

Anakin: :manny:

:martin: