When Anakin pledges himself to the dark side of the force and to Palpatine

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

There's also a theory that Palpatine was responsible for Anakin's mother's death.

I personally don't like either theory, because they take Palpatine from brilliant mastermind to the devil himself. It makes him too all-powerful imo.

I prefer the idea that even though Palpatine was plotting from the very beginning, some of the things that lead to Anakin's fall happened organically, without his influence.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
There's also a theory that Palpatine was responsible for Anakin's mother's death.

I personally don't like either theory, because they take Palpatine from brilliant mastermind to the devil himself. It makes him too all-powerful imo.

I prefer the idea that even though Palpatine was plotting from the very beginning, some of the things that lead to Anakin's fall happened organically, without his influence.

I agree. The Sith aren't all powerful, they're just masters at deception and manipulation.

There was nothing weird or off about what happened to Shmi. We're told in the first moments we see Luke in the OG that Tusken Raiders are NOT to be fukked with and that they have a war with everyone else on the planet. I think Lars pops even says Shmi went too far into the fields, but I could be misremembering.

One of the things ALL the movies expose is that for all of Palpatine's plans there was always a wild card.

He wasn't banking on:

-Obi-Wan killing Darth Maul
-Qui-Gon becoming "immortal"
-Mace whipping his ass
-Obi-Wan slicing up Anakin
-Anakin's kids, Yoda and Obi-Wan surviving
-Rogue One team stealing the Death Star blueprints
-Luke blowing up the Death Star
-Luke being trained by Obi-Wan and Yoda
-Anakin catching feelings for Luke
-Ewoks helping the rebels defeat the Stormtroopers
-Anakin saving Luke
-Lando blowing up the second Death Star

He just had ENOUGH OF A PLAN in place to keep taking advantage of most of these things.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's all about Padme, as well as his mom and the babies. The only reason he turned to the dark side was so that he could keep the people he loved from dying. It first started when he couldn't save his mom's life . The jedi had too many restrictions and he felt that he wouldn't be able to achieve the power he needed to help them.

thats a sad excuse, dude wasnt a real jedi, he wanted power, he wasnt willing to be simply another jedi

his pride, his arrogance

sure sidious used padme and his mom to turn him but he didnt have to do anything because anakin was always going to be on the path of being a sith

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
thats a sad excuse, dude wasnt a real jedi, he wanted power, he wasnt willing to be simply another jedi

his pride, his arrogance

sure sidious used padme and his mom to turn him but he didnt have to do anything because anakin was always going to be on the path of being a sith

Perhaps, but part of that was Palpatine manipulating him along the way. A little push here, a push there...some words of wisdom on an impressionable kid, teen, young adult..

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Perhaps, but part of that was Palpatine manipulating him along the way. A little push here, a push there...some words of wisdom on an impressionable kid, teen, young adult..
Yea he was pushing him but what anakin had was deep inside and there was nothing obi could of done and stopped it from coming out

Luke and Leia didn't have that deep anger inside them, it was anakins destiny

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Over the years Revenge of the Sith has become my favorite from the film series

It's close to mine. I don't think it'll ever top Empire for me, but honestly Empire and Sith are way up there for me.

Empire 10/10
Sith 10/10
Star Wars 9/10
Jedi/Clones 7/10
Menace/Force Awakens 6/10