When Anakin pledges himself to the dark side of the force and to Palpatine

CHL

Superstar
Daps
@Won Won is there a single aspect of the prequels, or just the prequel era in general, that you like? :heh:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
What's wrong with the dark side?

Jedis are some dikkless celibate nerds who were outsmarted and couldn't sniff their enemy right under them.

Git bodied snd had to hide out, and even after destroying the emperor , still were being ran through and had their chosen one practicing no fap on a deserted island.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
What's wrong with the dark side?

Jedis are some dikkless celibate nerds who were outsmarted and couldn't sniff their enemy right under them.

Git bodied snd had to hide out, and even after destroying the emperor , still were being ran through and had their chosen one practicing no fap on a deserted island.
Word

If anything, this series is showing the darkside as a necessity.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Palpatine: It's not like dusting crops, boy. Now kill all the Jedi, even the kids, and go kill Nute Gunray and some other people you don't know

I was low-key a fan of his back in the day and I don't know why. Might've been the cool hats. :russ:

Episode-1-Nute-Gunray_Big_6.jpg

nute_gunray.jpg

I always thought that they could have expanded on his character a bit in The Clone Wars cartoon, but I think he only showed up in two or three episodes.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think one of the great things the prequels did is show that a lot of people romanticized Darth Vader. He was a scumbag who spent all the movies taking orders from other people. He tortures young princesses and his son's friends and stands by to watch. He threatens his son that he'll do the same to his own daughter.

George/Hayden absolutely nailed that Anakin/Vader at his core was a psychopathic loser who only really made a few good decisions in his adult life. By design he's the opposite of Luke - a genuinely good guy pushed into doing a few questionable things.

Vader was a boss, he actually went into business for himself in Empire. Finessed Lando and orchestrated the entire chain of events that would lead his son directly to him. Vader was cunning, calculating and authoritative. Swag on a million.

Hayden had negative swag levels. :upsetfavre:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Vader was a boss, he actually went into business for himself in Empire. Finessed Lando and orchestrated the entire chain of events that would lead his son directly to him. Vader was cunning, calculating and authoritative. Swag on a million.

Actually Vader was acting on the Emperor's orders, the ONLY time he went off script is in trying to get Luke to help him take out the Emperor.

Not only did he fail to turn Luke but Luke and the Falcon escaped....again.

And never forget - it was BOBA FETT who figured out Han tricked the Empire and went to Bespin.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Actually Vader was acting on the Emperor's orders, the ONLY time he went off script is in trying to get Luke to help him take out the Emperor.

Not only did he fail to turn Luke but Luke and the Falcon escaped....again.

And never forget - it was BOBA FETT who figured out Han tricked the Empire and went to Bespin.

Just saying Vader was far from a loser and it's disingenuous to suggest you don't why people romanticize Vader. He's like the god of movie villains. Every other bar is a classic quotable.

What were Hayden's quotables? :ld:

Soymuscle Mike

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Just saying Vader was far from a loser and it's disingenuous to suggest you don't why people romanticize Vader. He's like the god of movie villains. Every other bar is a classic quotable.

What were Hayden's quotables? :ld:

It's in the movies though, Vader is indeed the goat but name something I said that isn't true.

Hayden was transitioning from Anakin to Vader, he wasn't in any position to treat people like Vader. The only conversations we see him having are with his wife and Obi-Wan and he's way in his feelings.

It's comparable to EPISODE VI Vader imo - he spends that movie getting either bossed around by the Emperor or guilt tripped by Luke. Jedi-Vader doesn't have badass quotes either.

That's all OG + EMPIRE.

But that's by design so I love it :yeshrug:

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
I was low-key a fan of his back in the day and I don't know why. Might've been the cool hats. :russ:

Episode-1-Nute-Gunray_Big_6.jpg

nute_gunray.jpg

I always thought that they could have expanded on his character a bit in The Clone Wars cartoon, but I think he only showed up in two or three episodes.

Cool alien design, but those Asian voices :mjpls:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

Basically.

Vader actually despised the Emperor.

THAT is the problem with the Dark Side that people don't see. It clouds your judgement and forces you to seek out power and other things that will ultimately lead to your downfall. It corrupts not only the body but the soul as well.

He hated the Emperor but by the time Vader became his apprentice it was too late. He'd gotten immense power but the Dark Side clouded his judgement into thinking he could save Padme and/or protect The Republic. The entire time that Vader was with the Emperor, he was a true Sith because the entire time he was plotting a way to destroy the Emperor and seize his power for himself while having Luke as an apprentice. That's the Dark Side.

And peeps need to understand that even if Luke became Vader's apprentice, he'd never willingly cede that power to Luke. Eventually Luke would try to destroy him as well, and then Luke would seek out an apprentice and so on and so forth at the expense of billions of lives and then the entire Galaxy.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
It's in the movies though, Vader is indeed the goat but name something I said that isn't true.

Hayden was transitioning from Anakin to Vader, he wasn't in any position to treat people like Vader. The only conversations we see him having are with his wife and Obi-Wan and he's way in his feelings.

It's comparable to EPISODE VI Vader imo - he spends that movie getting either bossed around by the Emperor or guilt tripped by Luke. Jedi-Vader doesn't have badass quotes either.

That's all OG + EMPIRE.

But that's by design so I love it :yeshrug:

i just strongly disagree with the characterization of anakin in the prequels, and i feel it betrays the character they established in the originals. vader was elegant, sophisticated, authoritative... anakin was none of those things. even if you want to argue he wasn't technically vader yet, his character doesn't even show any EARLY SIGNS of vader-ism. it's like he's a completely different character altogether.

plus his arc is ridiculous. he gets swindled into becoming evil.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
i just strongly disagree with the characterization of anakin in the prequels, and i feel it betrays the character they established in the originals. vader was elegant, sophisticated, authoritative... anakin was none of those things. even if you want to argue he wasn't technically vader yet, his character doesn't even show any EARLY SIGNS of vader-ism. it's like he's a completely different character altogether.

plus his arc is ridiculous. he gets swindled into becoming evil.
The prequels do a terrible job of illustrating how one of the most beloved and heroic characters in all the Galaxy fell victim to the dark side.

By the time he was an adult, Anakin was like the Jedi equivalent of Captain America and Superman

Soymuscle Mike

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
The prequels do a terrible job of illustrating how one of the most beloved and heroic characters in all the Galaxy fell victim to the dark side.

By the time he was an adult, Anakin was like the Jedi equivalent of Captain America and Superman

:mindblown:

Which movies ever made Anakin out to be this guy.

The OG Star Wars movie had Luke's uncle badmouthing Anakin. All Obi-Wan ever really says about him is that he was a great fighter and pilot. Yoda definitely doesn't speak highly of Anakin. And the Emperor gloats on how he was able to sucker Anakin into joining him.

Superman/Captain America-type dudes don't end up torturing their own children. There is no "heroic" path that leads to that lifestyle. Something must always have been wrong with Anakin to end up like that.

@Kill Dat Noize you wonder why I'm saying he's being romanticized, the guy who becomes Darth Vader is being compared to Superman :mjlol:

Last edited:

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
All Obi-Wan ever really says about him is that he was a great fighter and pilot.

He also said Anakin was a great friend, and all we see in the prequels is Obi-Wan being short with him and Anakin constantly complaining about Kenobi