When Anakin pledges himself to the dark side of the force and to Palpatine

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
:mindblown:

Which movies ever made Anakin out to be this guy.

The OG Star Wars movie had Luke's uncle badmouthing Anakin. All Obi-Wan ever really says about him is that he was a great fighter and pilot. Yoda definitely doesn't speak highly of Anakin. And the Emperor gloats on how he was able to sucker Anakin into joining him.

Superman/Captain America-type dudes don't end up torturing their own children. There is no "heroic" path that leads to that lifestyle. Something must always have been wrong with Anakin to end up like that.

@Kill Dat Noize you wonder why I'm saying he's being romanticized, the guy who becomes Darth Vader is being compared to Superman :mjlol:
You're right here...there was always something that was wrong in him which is why there was hesitation to make him a Padawan in the first place remember?

Also...considering what occurred, I very much doubt Yoda or Obi-Wan wanted to reflect fondly on the cat who became Darth Vader, murdered all their friends and pupils, and put the galaxy under the control of a Sith Lord.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
:mindblown:

Which movies ever made Anakin out to be this guy.

The OG Star Wars movie had Luke's uncle badmouthing Anakin. All Obi-Wan ever really says about him is that he was a great fighter and pilot. Yoda definitely doesn't speak highly of Anakin. And the Emperor gloats on how he was able to sucker Anakin into joining him.

Superman/Captain America-type dudes don't end up torturing their own children. There is no "heroic" path that leads to that lifestyle. Something must always have been wrong with Anakin to end up like that.

@Kill Dat Noize you wonder why I'm saying he's being romanticized, the guy who becomes Darth Vader is being compared to Superman :mjlol:

Exactly, what are these people watching? "Luke's not a farmer, he's got too much of his father in him" "That's exactly what I'm afraid of"
Those statements right there represent the dualities of Vader - someone who was adventurous and went off the deep end. Hell, every time Obi Wan, or his father gets mentioned, Owen changes subject lol. Owen was like "FUKK - it is them. Mind wipe those droids" All we know is that Vader is an a$$hole and a lap dog for the Emperor. He's still a soldier, not a general.

He also said Anakin was a great friend, and all we see in the prequels is Obi-Wan being short with him and Anakin constantly complaining about Kenobi

What we see in the prequels is Obi & Anakin hanging out going on missions and being brothers. Obi Wan was letting Anakin in on classified info. How is that not his friend?

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Watching ROTJ, shyt is a sad... he's such a boss in Empire... in Jedi, he's a servant and getting knocked around verbally and physically... :mjcry:

When Luke calls him out on his shyt he's literally :mjcry:

"You built this lightsaber on your own :mjcry:
"

"I believe that you were once Anakin Skywalker"
"See what had happened was :mjcry:"

"Then my father is truly dead" :mjcry:

Then they go to the Emperor and they BOTH start roasting Vader right in front of him.

"Breh your pops was a sucker and a weakling, that's on you blood :umad:"
"Yo I was raised by farmers and Obi-Wan, don't compare me to duke cuzz :hubie:"
Vader: "Guys, I'm right here :mjcry:"

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Actually Vader was acting on the Emperor's orders, the ONLY time he went off script is in trying to get Luke to help him take out the Emperor.

Not only did he fail to turn Luke but Luke and the Falcon escaped....again.

And never forget - it was BOBA FETT who figured out Han tricked the Empire and went to Bespin.
Those were all good plans, though. The only reason they didn't work is because...he's the bad guy. :manny: That's what these movies are about. Good triumphs over evil.

This would be like saying the Joker is not a criminal mastermind because Batman foils his plans. Of course Batman is gonna win in the end. He's the hero.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Those were all good plans, though. The only reason they didn't work is because...he's the bad guy. :manny: That's what these movies are about. Good triumphs over evil.

This would be like saying the Joker is not a criminal mastermind because Batman foils his plans. Of course Batman is gonna win in the end. He's the hero.

True, but the Joker is more like the Emperor in this case.

Vader ill but he's taking orders most of the time we see him.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
True, but the Joker is more like the Emperor in this case.

Vader ill but he's taking orders most of the time we see him.

But given his history, could you imagine anyone taking Vader's orders serious? Hell or any plan/vision he has coming into fruition? Looking back, the first time we seen him, we should have known he was a glorified goon. What top exec goes on a search mission? That's what the top goon is for. Then he's in a dog fight against cadets and militia? A head honcho wouldn't even be there.

mavsman

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Haven't read any of the expanded universe so maybe this has been answered already but is the Skywalker family cursed? For every good generation (Anakin's mother, Luke and Leia) a bad one seems to follow (Anakin and Kylo). Is this a pattern or just coincidence?