When Anakin pledges himself to the dark side of the force and to Palpatine

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
As hammy as it was, Anakin was a damaged individual that didn't have the right support group on his side. The Jedi were emotionless and had Shiny Suits, the Sith didn't have their masters dancing all up in the video....Anakin made his choice, albeit a fatal one for many involved.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
As hammy as it was, Anakin was a damaged individual that didn't have the right support group on his side. The Jedi were emotionless and had Shiny Suits, the Sith didn't have their masters dancing all up in the video....Anakin made his choice, albeit a fatal one for many involved.

Lmao at the bad boy/death row comparison but :ohhh:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Anakin went to the dark side because of Mace Windu and Yoda...Mace Windu asked Anakin to circumvent and straight up break the Jedi code, while preaching anti-dark side

Only one ever showed him love and didn't really lie to Anakin was Palpatine.

Meanwhile his mother got killed and people were plotting on his wife, and Yoda sensed his pain but both him and Mace was giving Anakin the:

:mjpls:

...Mace Windu was kind of a scumbag when it came to the Jedi council, the didn't want Anakin to eat. Anakin flipped, merked the Padawans and everything.

:shaq2: You sound like one of those butthurt apologist white Anakin fanboys. y'all give Mace Windu and yoda too much credit. The ENTIRE Jedi council could see that boy was not ready. He had bad vibes coming off of him in waves, and that doesn't even count the surly pouty mouth he was always giving. fukk Anakin and his spoiled entitled wife abusing ass!:pacspit:
Blaming it on the black man :pacspit:

1. It was a great honor to be on the Jedi Council. Instead of looking at it like "I'm The Chosen One" and more powerful than any other Jedi, he should have looked at it as "Wow...I'm not even a Master yet I have the respect and honor of being seated at the council amongst the most wise and powerful Jedi of all time". That thirst for power :smh:

2. Anakin broke the code before Mace Windu ever asked him to "circumvent it" and the Jedi Council themselves circumvented the code by letting him become a Padawan learner period. If Qui Gon had never vouched for him, he would have never become a Jedi in the first place, because he was too old even then, and filled with the same fear that was his downfall.

:salute:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The real question is. Obi raised him from a youngin to an adult yet he still turned to the darkside. He barely had a rapport with rapport with Darth Sid yet he was able to steal him away. And the Jedi counsel knew how powerful Anikin was yet didn't do all they can to make sure he said on the straight and narrow. They basically dismissed him on some :mjpls:

Obi and the Jedi counsel failed miserably.
Nah there's a lot the movies don't show unfortunately

Between episode II and episode III, Anakin had become one of the most respected and powerful Jedi in the order. He was loved and honored throughout the galaxy. Dude had TONS of epic adventures, and didn't even have to go through the normal Jedi trials that most Jedi have to do because the shyt he did during the Clone Wars made his name heavy in the streets. The movies don't show all the things he experienced...he lost a Padawan, he lost other Jedi friends and padawans that he came up with in the game. Him and Obi-Wan were actually very close and there was a point where he thought Obi-Wan died and that shyt affected him as well. His mom and Padme were just the biggest loses that he couldn't let go of.

Anakin turned to the dark side because he didn't know how to let go. Not being able to let go of things, people, events, that's a path to the dark side because in order to not lose the things you have, you will continuously search for power or the power you think you need to hold on to those things. To the Jedi, they know that "power" is not real and there's only the force. That's why the realest Jedi don't die, they just become one with the force like Yoda and Obi-Wan.

He was friends with Palpatine for a long time too...that was the plot...the minute Anakin set foot on Coruscant, Palpatine started running game on him, befriending him, getting as close to him as possible and knowing the weakness that he had. Then it made it easy to turn him.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

Between episode II and episode III, Anakin had become one of the most respected and powerful Jedi in the order. He was loved and honored throughout the galaxy. Dude had TONS of epic adventures, and didn't even have to go through the normal Jedi trials that most Jedi have to do because the shyt he did during the Clone Wars made his name heavy in the streets. The movies don't show all the things he experienced...he lost a Padawan, he lost other Jedi friends and padawans that he came up with in the game. Him and Obi-Wan were actually very close and there was a point where he thought Obi-Wan died and that shyt affected him as well. His mom and Padme were just the biggest loses that he couldn't let go of.

Anakin turned to the dark side because he didn't know how to let go. Not being able to let go of things, people, events, that's a path to the dark side because in order to not lose the things you have, you will continuously search for power or the power you think you need to hold on to those things. To the Jedi, they know that "power" is not real and there's only the force. That's why the realest Jedi don't die, they just become one with the force like Yoda and Obi-Wan.

He was friends with Palpatine for a long time too...that was the plot...the minute Anakin set foot on Coruscant, Palpatine started running game on him, befriending him, getting as close to him as possible and knowing the weakness that he had. Then it made it easy to turn him.

Which is precisely why the prequel trilogy was ass. All they wanted to do was show him turning into Vader. The first 2 movies and most of revenge of the sith was a bunch of rushed filler.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the Jedi didn't train anakin sidious would have. If anything it was perfect for sidious to watch from a far, I also think sidious was behind his mother getting kidnapped

CHL

Superstar
Daps
People who blame the Jedi fell for the okeydoke. And that tells me a lot about y'all as people.

Blaming Mace Windu? I mean..we saw Anakin lying through his teeth to Padme right? She calls him out on his bullshyt way at the start of the movie, "how long is it going to take for us to be honest? "

Anakin's life as a slave, being somebody's property ("I'm a person!") and having a fukking bomb placed in his and mom dukes head fukked with him before he even knew Padme. There's a reason the Jedi Council went :whoa: on him. When QuiGon showed up Anakin thought he showed up to free slaves.

THAT'S the Anakin I feel sorry for. Also the Anakin who can feel his mom in pain and finds her tortured to death.

Everything else is him crossing the line, including killing that whole village.

In Episode 3 he's so fukked up he spends the whole movie lying to the people he loves and are telling him the truth, and telling the truth to the one person who's actually lying to him.p

"..you want to kill me don't you?"
"i would certainly like to"
"Good"

Never forget the last thing he tells amd does to Padme, as Yoda would say "revealed your intentions are"

"Love can't save you, only my new powers can"
"We can rule the galaxy together, make things the way we want them to be"
"The Jedi turned against me don't you turn against me"
"liar! You're with him you brought him here to kill me"
And then he chokes her.

Anakin's issues were way deeper than Padme, she was just the last person he could use as a crutch for his psychosis. He admits as much earlier on.

"I feel lost..I'm not the Jedi I should be. I want more and I know I shouldn't "

The prequels don't get enough credit. As shytty as Episode 1 was (I like all the other movies), Anakin's fall was actually pretty deep if you pay attention. People who think his turn was rushed weren't paying attention. He was a deeply flawed adult trying his best to live as a good guy, the opposite of Luke - a genuinely good guy trying not to do shytty things.

The only true 180 Anakin does is turning pn the Jedi, everything else was already there. He advocated dictatorship in Episode ii but all everybody remembers is him telling Padme he doesn't like sand. He also tells her he's insane ("you are asking me to be rational amd that is something I'm not") and wants to become more powerful than death.
:wow:

CHL

Superstar
Daps

A series you may be interested in:

Obi-Wan and Anakin (2016) #1 | Comics | Marvel.com

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
It is some of the saddest shyt ever..

He only turned to try on save Padme, Luke and Leia..

:to:

shyt was horrible
Gonna read whole thread but this shyt wasnt sad... This dude forced choked her... This dude helped kill Mace... He was on bullshyt from youth... I like the character, but stop coppin pleas for this unbalanced dude... Yoda warned you...If I remeber correct she wasnt even pregnant when he started that fukkery... Gotta watch the movie again now... Didnt he start all this shyt over his mom???? & she wasnt pregnant til the end of the movie???

Bottom line: Force choking her for shyt she never did, while shes pregnant, was some stupid shyt... This dude was insane....