Whats your excuse for not learning how to swim?

Daps
I saw someone jump off a cruise ship and never came back up so that scared me for life. I'll go in deep water with a life jacket though.

ch15x

Mountaineer
Daps
Reppin
TN (east)
I took lessons as a kid, but never went with it. I'm sure I could figure it out once I get accustomed to it like riding a bike after a long lay-off...:yeshrug:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Im part fish :win: At 5 on a trip to Jamaica I dam near swam a mile off shore in floaties. It scared my mom into getting me swimming lessons so I wouldnt kill myself. Those nikkas at hood ymca only let me in because I was one of the few child students (i was too small and 2 years too young)

Flash foward 2 years and im in the advance class with adults stylin and trick diving. My dude told my moms she was wasting her money because I could swim almost as well as some of the swim teams that stroll in there. I was too young to join a team anf there was nothing left to learn so I stopped..

Didnt realize I fukked up a future path until I was in my late teens. Swimming was like the only thing I was legit good at :to:

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
lol...that nikka who almost drowned was the real superman in this story lol....

u know the type of balls it takes for a nikka to say "fukk it, i dont know how to swim but im jumping in there anyways."?

that nikka got the balls of a suicide b0m3r

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Had to :cape: this brotha today at the hamilton pool:

800_hamilton-pool-texas-usa.jpg

Place is beautiful brehs, shoutout to my texas brehs who actually go outside of their city every once in a while to experience some piff.

But anyway dude was built and probably in his mid 20's and he was with his friends and i notice none of them was wet or getting in the water and they had been there for a minute. They seen me cliff diving with the rest of the cacs and one of them get the courage to come up with me. I ask him :usure:breh? He was like :jawalrus: "i got this bruh" and jumped in and immediately started to drown.

Im like:wtf: and his friends were sitting off to the side hitting me with the :lupe:. I yell "ain't none of you nikkas know how to swim?" they still looking at me like i'm a life guard. So I jump in and pull dude out of the water. Im pissed because what if i was not there? there were no one else there to save him. Im seriously thinking of starting a company to help black kids learn how to swim, imagine if black people got into the olympic swimming teams. Cacs would be furious.

You're lucky that nicca didn't drown you breh. A lot of times when this type of situations, if the rescuer hasn't been trained on the proper way to save a drowning person, what typically happens is they end up both drowning. It takes certain confidence, strength, endurance, and technique to support a person in water who cannot swim. Otherwise, the person you're trying to save will just try to use you as a floating device to keep themselves up and end up drowning you instead before they drown.

I don't recommend jumping in the water to save a drowning person unless you know what you're doing or there are several of you that is jumping in.

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you can't swim, you nikkas are hopeless. How can you not know how to do something so simple.

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
You're lucky that nicca didn't drown you breh. A lot of times when this type of situations, if the rescuer hasn't been trained on the proper way to save a drowning person, what typically happens is they end up both drowning. It takes certain confidence, strength, endurance, and technique to support a person in water who cannot swim. Otherwise, the person you're trying to save will just try to use you as a floating device to keep themselves up and end up drowning you instead before they drown.

I don't recommend jumping in the water to save a drowning person unless you know what you're doing or there are several of you that is jumping in.

I gave him the dolphin treatment and just pushed him all the way to the rocks, :huhldup: definitely was not trying to hold him above water and have him take me down too but i definitely see how that can happen when they start to panic and grabbing on your arms n shyt. I was hesitant to jump in but it was do or he would have surely drowned. Luckily that part was a little more than 10ft. I consider myself a really strong swimming but definitely no life guard.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I gave him the dolphin treatment and just pushed him all the way to the rocks, :huhldup: definitely was not trying to hold him above water and have him take me down too but i definitely see how that can happen when they start to panic and grabbing on your arms n shyt. I was hesitant to jump in but it was do or he would have surely drowned. Luckily that part was a little more than 10ft. I consider myself a really strong swimming but definitely no life guard.

You did the right thing. I'm a strong swimmer, but I would never just jump in to save a drowning person unless they're family. Otherwise it's best to get a few people to go in with you if no lifeguards are around.

My kids take swimming lessons so I know I don't have to jump in to save them. People really should take lessons to at least learn how to float and be comfortable being in water.

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
:dead: I was about to say something but then I saw who posted this.

It's true..that beach is like one if the safest..just more sharks than any other beach, but no one gets attacked..like once every 5 years or so..I wouldn't swim in some of the other beaches in the Bay Area..like half moon bay,,shyt you'd get killed out there..surfers are crazy..it's one if the biggest surf competitions ..they made a movie about it called mavericks that was in the theater last year..

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
I really want to learn. I'm not afraid, I do all type of water sports but I just can't it. Its so annoying. I can swim for a short time underwater but I can not float nor can I swim above water. Shyt is a mystery. I've been trying for a very long time. I might have to get with a professional.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I wasn't sure if that "black people can't swim" thing was just a stereotype or not :lupe:
lol, not a stereotype... I have no male friends that can swim. There are black people that can swim, but especially in urban communities... it's very few.

most black girls I know really claim to be scared of water or swimming. I'm not sure why. Some bish tried to tell me it was because of slave ships... I don't believe that.