Whats your excuse for not learning how to swim?

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
i bet you could get some grants for that shyt.

real talk, i know here in Austin it would be a big deal in such a city with so many venues and events centered around swimming. shyt we just had the aqua olympics this weekend...virtually no black people out there.

Complications. Tried learning before. But I'm going to try again and this time I'm going to put more time and effort into it. Make the impossible possible.

what kinda complications breh?

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
how does one swim? was at the pool a few weeks ago and shyt felt funky, like i couldnt breath when the water was up to my chest

im pretty slim, i cant stay afloat

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember the first time I went to the pool in boot camp. I thought it was a segregated pool because all the black people were at one small pool and all the whites were at the big pool. Then the drill instructor pointed to the small pool with all the blacks and said "Everybody that can't swim go over to that pool".

What woke me up was the 6 black teens that drowned a few years back. They were at a pool party and nobody knew how to swim.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ort-red-river-save-louisiana-article-1.200627

I'm not taking any chances with my son. I started teaching him how to swim at 4 and he's already doing the breast stroke.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
took swimming lessons as a kid and did more in H.S. Know all the different styles/techniques...everything.

lol @ yall nikkas drowning in 3 ft of water

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Man I grew up Minnesota... if you are a kid from Minnesota and you didn't know how to swim... You might as well killed yourself because Lake life is a huge part of the culture in that state...

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
how does one swim? was at the pool a few weeks ago and shyt felt funky, like i couldnt breath when the water was up to my chest

im pretty slim, i cant stay afloat

Well thats the main issue right there, swimming is about being relaxed. Being comfortable in water could make all the difference in the world and also im pretty slim myself but it is possible to stay afloat. Your legs will sink while you're on your back but the premise of floating is just keeping your face above water without any effort. I believe you gotta learn at some point in your life, i would start on that asap.

I remember the first time I went to the pool in boot camp. I thought it was a segregated pool because all the black people were at one small pool and all the whites were at the big pool. Then the drill instructor pointed to the small pool with all the blacks and said "Everybody that can't swim go over to that pool".

What woke me up was the 6 black teens that drowned a few years back. They were at a pool party and nobody knew how to swim.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ort-red-river-save-louisiana-article-1.200627

I'm not taking any chances with my son. I started teaching him how to swim at 4 and he's already doing the breast stroke.

damn that story was fukked up :snoop: and thats usually how it goes, you got dudes going to pool parties and nobody is in the pool for that exact reason.

Fmju

Fixture
Daps
Reppin
PG
All the men on my dads side are sharks out of water, they made sure I knew how to swim. I'm not as good as them but I'm better than most.

If you drown you shouldn't have been near the water in the first place without someone who knows how to swim around. Natural Selection :salute:

laughattack

Rookie
Daps
real talk, i know here in Austin it would be a big deal in such a city with so many venues and events centered around swimming. shyt we just had the aqua olympics this weekend...virtually no black people out there.

what kinda complications breh?

If you're really curious, I think my PM button works. Otherwise, it's nothing I care to discuss in this thread.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
Had to :cape: this brotha today at the hamilton pool:

800_hamilton-pool-texas-usa.jpg

Place is beautiful brehs, shoutout to my texas brehs who actually go outside of their city every once in a while to experience some piff.

But anyway dude was built and probably in his mid 20's and he was with his friends and i notice none of them was wet or getting in the water and they had been there for a minute. They seen me cliff diving with the rest of the cacs and one of them get the courage to come up with me. I ask him :usure:breh? He was like :jawalrus: "i got this bruh" and jumped in and immediately started to drown.

Im like:wtf: and his friends were sitting off to the side hitting me with the :lupe:. I yell "ain't none of you nikkas know how to swim?" they still looking at me like i'm a life guard. So I jump in and pull dude out of the water. Im pissed because what if i was not there? there were no one else there to save him. Im seriously thinking of starting a company to help black kids learn how to swim, imagine if black people got into the olympic swimming teams. Cacs would be furious.
Motherfukker, if you weren't there he never would have jumped in in the first place!!!

LebronsHairline

AKA Chief Green Leaf
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well thats the main issue right there, swimming is about being relaxed. Being comfortable in water could make all the difference in the world and also im pretty slim myself but it is possible to stay afloat. Your legs will sink while you're on your back but the premise of floating is just keeping your face above water without any effort. .

I found the easiest way to keep yourself floating on your back is to lean back, try to keep your feet up and fill your lungs with air

anyway, been swimming for damn near 20 years now...diving/swim team did all that shyt...i usually swim cause its a great way to stay in shape and pool basketball is my shyt

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
I swam from one side of the beach to the other beach across the canal a few years ago kinda drunk..I had to start out in the ocean so the current wouldn't send me too far into the lagoon..it took me 5 minutes to reach the other side,,and when I swam back it took me a lil longer cuz the current was pushing me down the canal towards the lagoon...toward the beach houses by the rocks..when I made it back my girl was happy ..and my cousin looked lame cuz he chickened out..when I told my uncle who lives in that area..he said I was lucky, cuz there are alot of great whites in that canal that use it to feed on seals in the lagoon...I prob will never do it again..but some people do..