Whats your excuse for not learning how to swim?

flusterose

dat dere chocolate
Daps
Reppin
Black Gay Capital
Went to the beach all the time(and swam) until I watched the Atlantic ocean sweep away one of our family friends. I was traumatized and basically forgot how to swim.

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
My best friend is an immigrant from Poland and she doesn't know how to swim.. I noticed a lot of immigrants from my area don't know how to swim. It must be a cultural thing, because most american whites know how to swim.

Human beings know how to swim right out the wound.. it's the fear parents instill in them from birth (stay away from the water etc etc) that tricks them into thinking they can't. There have been scientific studies on this.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
Yeah, it's very retarded that a lot of black folks don;t know how to swim. Just went white water rafting on Sunday with my friends(black) and my girl(asian). Anyways, right close to the end of the course in the river, is a part thats pretty deep and good for swimming. So the rafting instructors told us we all the rafts in our group(about 10 rafts) that we can park them and jump and swim in the water. Me, one of my boys and my girl girl, hop off the raft and dive in. Water temp was perfect...I look around and see the rest of my friends sitting on the rocks scared to go in the water, even though everyone had life jackets on. They talking about, they never learned to swim- they're not white. I shook my head in disgust at that comment. I really don't understand how a lot of black parents don't teach or encourage their kids to learn to swim....and my friends fam are from the carribean.

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
Im the swim fukking master! Got my technique down and everything. I don't be drowning or nothing

krexzen

All Star
Daps
Had swimming lessons as a kid and still couldn't learn. I try every once in a while, but I just can't get it right. Maybe I just don't like water, having water in my eyes, up my nose and in my ears sucks (especially chlorine).

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Im part fish :win: At 5 on a trip to Jamaica I dam near swam a mile off shore in floaties. It scared my mom into getting me swimming lessons so I wouldnt kill myself. Those nikkas at hood ymca only let me in because I was one of the few child students (i was too small and 2 years too young)

Flash foward 2 years and im in the advance class with adults stylin and trick diving. My dude told my moms she was wasting her money because I could swim almost as well as some of the swim teams that stroll in there. I was too young to join a team anf there was nothing left to learn so I stopped..

Didnt realize I fukked up a future path until I was in my late teens. Swimming was like the only thing I was legit good at :to:

I grew up in a complex that had a swimming pool and all the black in there could swim because we would go everyday in these Texas summers, just to stay cool. We would be in the pool all day, only left to go eat. We would have races and I would whoop everyone with ease. Then we moved and I stopped swimming for a while. I've started to get back into it the last couple of years though. I though it was gonna be like riding a bike but it's really not. I jumped in the deep end my first time back and almost end my chapter :whew:

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
i was on the radio crying:ahh:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
:pachaha: a few weeks ago i went to the pool cause the doc said swimming is the best exercise for a weak back right now. i ordered some trunks on amazon and a pair of goggles, got up at 8am and went down to riverbank, then when im in the pool i realized i didnt know how to swim. idk what made me think i could