Whats your excuse for not learning how to swim?

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
I found the easiest way to keep yourself floating on your back is to lean back, try to keep your feet up and fill your lungs with air

anyway, been swimming for damn near 20 years now...diving/swim team did all that shyt...i usually swim cause its a great way to stay in shape and pool basketball is my shyt

ive heard of that technique as well, my main thing is keeping my chest out and letting my feet sink but yeah swimming has kept me at a good size, also i swim in springs (which are naturally 70 degrees all year round in these parts) keeps my metabolism up.

i live in austin too lets hang out

what part of austin you in breh? im just off i35 and e.riverside

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Most black people don't know how to swim. I know that's a wild ass generalization but, it's so many of us that act :usure: when it comes to water...you got grown ass men that would drown in 10 feet of water smh.

I got thrown into the pool when I was 7. My brother told me we wasn't leaving until I tread water for a minute :sadcam:

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
Most black people don't know how to swim. I know that's a wild ass generalization but, it's so many of us that act :usure: when it comes to water...you got grown ass men that would drown in 10 feet of water smh.

I got thrown into the pool when I was 7. My brother told me we wasn't leaving until I tread water for a minute :sadcam:

I believe its true, atleast for the united states. Black people here just don't swim for what ever reason...:manny:

but my uncle gave me that same treatment, didnt work to well tho but i learned eventually. Learned to swim underwater first, then i learned to do back strokes and everything else fell into place. Once i learned to float on my back it was a wrap

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I can't float but I can swim lol. No matter what I try, I cannot float :snoop:

I taught my brother and sister how to swim as well. Yeah man it's kind of funny how many black folks can't swim. A pretty true stereotype for some reason.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
honestly brehs

i learned how to swim by my damn self. I use to go to the deep end of the pools and chill by the ladder...and at first i would just learn how to float by paddling my legs and arms. Eventually i was brave enough to jump in and i realized i was getting better..and i just kept doing it

scary experience tho. 2 years ago i was with my fam at this big ass lake in CT..my lil cousins had this beach ball they was playing with, and it ended up in real deep water where they couldnt get to it. So i start going after it (i was kinda drunk already), but me still being kinda amateurish, tried getting the ball from the front where i shouldve swam ahead of it and hit it towards the shore. But god damn i kept hitting it farther and farther and eventually said fukk it...when i turned around...i immediately went :merchant:..i didnt realize how far away i was...but thank god that i learned how to swim and put all my effort into swimming back and i did a pretty good job :ehh:...thank god i was at my peak shape during that time...me now :patrice:..i prolly wouldnt have made it

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
To be honest, the few instances I "attempted" to learn, it was a "I'ma throw you in the water and you sink or swim." Ish had me all effed up as a little kid. Doesn't stop me from at least getting in a pool when I'm at one, but the "going underwater" part has me shook.
this is why i dont know how to swim :sadbron:

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
By the time i graduate college... If I ever.. I'll know how to swim because I'm going to do something wild shyt with the rest of my life

BuyandSave

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#inherentville
I swam from one side of the beach to the other beach across the canal a few years ago kinda drunk..I had to start out in the ocean so the current wouldn't send me too far into the lagoon..it took me 5 minutes to reach the other side,,and when I swam back it took me a lil longer cuz the current was pushing me down the canal towards the lagoon...toward the beach houses by the rocks..when I made it back my girl was happy ..and my cousin looked lame cuz he chickened out..when I told my uncle who lives in that area..he said I was lucky, cuz there are alot of great whites in that canal that use it to feed on seals in the lagoon...I prob will never do it again..but some people do..
:dead: I was about to say something but then I saw who posted this.

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
I can swim but wouldn't test the water I stay in the 6ft or less part of the pool, one time at a water park I came out the slide, pause, and I fell to the bottom of the pool and as I came up I underestimated how deep it was and didn't think I would make it to the top, shyt was probably only 12ft. I came up gasping for air, so technically I know how to swim, but don't . I got an Asian friend that said hes gonna teach me, you know they're pros, dudes grow up fishing and shyt all their lives.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I almost drowned twice in a pool so I'd rather not put myself in that position again.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
To be honest, the few instances I "attempted" to learn, it was a "I'ma throw you in the water and you sink or swim." Ish had me all effed up as a little kid. Doesn't stop me from at least getting in a pool when I'm at one, but the "going underwater" part has me shook.
That's what fukked me up. My cousin did that shyt to me and I ended up sitting on the bottom of the pool until my brother pulled me out. From that point on I would just panic anytime I go underwater. Even still have the occasional dream where I'm drowning in water. My goal was this summer was to take some of those adult swim classes cause my daughters love to swim and I would love to be able to get in the water and swim with them.

Also didn't help that I damn near drowned a couple of years ago. Was at a party and jumped off the diving board on a bet. It was more about confronting a fear. Of course like a dumb ass I belly flopped to do it. Had already told somebody close by that if I start slapping his leg to pull me out of the water which he did.