What's your credit card setup like?

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I use credit cards, but mostly as a tool to get rid of debt. sign up for a free introductory period or free balance transfer and put a chunk of debt from another account on there (student loan, car loan, etc)

right now i have chase slate (13.2K)
Discover IT (6k)
Citi foward (6k)

Question, can i get the chase freedom if i already have the chase slate?

-DMP-

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
I use credit cards, but mostly as a tool to get rid of debt. sign up for a free introductory period or free balance transfer and put a chunk of debt from another account on there (student loan, car loan, etc)

Discover IT (6k)
Citi foward (6k)

-DMP-

Probably. I have a Chase slate, and the Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards card (best miles/points card ever IMO).

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I have 9 and about 6 of them are mostly used for holidays and special occassions. The 3 i do use is Cap One shyt and Amazon Rewards. Three debits two being used and one for my stocks at capital one sharebuilder

Having that many cards sound crazy but boosted the shyt out of my credit after i pay them in full and they be running back like you havent used it in a while here is extra money boost my ratios on my credit.

I like to add since i posted this i gotten two 2014 cars at the time with low interest rates and other great shyt.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Discover IT (6k)
Citi foward (6k)

-DMP-

pretty sure chase has a 6 month period between applying for cards, so you may have to wait if you got the slate recently

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i didnt know you can transfer. if you using the freedom youl probably be getting offers soon for the SP. i get mail offers every couple months for 40-50k point promotions. but i decided i cant justify the annual fee on a students budget right now. when i graduate first thing im doing is getting one :banderas:

for now im going to start churning those airline cards :win:
40-50k promotions is standard isn't it? I remember seeing a few promos earlier in the year for like 80-100k in points. Shoulda jumped on that when I had the chance :sadcam:

CakeEater

Banned
Daps
This thread made me apply for a Chase Freedom Card. Lets see how it goes breh :lupe:

I make too much money not to have credit cards atleast for security right now :whew:

baller4ever85

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
KCMO
I recommend using cards that have sign up bonuses for travel, a blog I recommend is http://millionmilesecrets.com/. You can travel all over the world for barely any money, if you know how to work the system.
Right now I have
Citi Plat American Advantage
Chase Southwest Premier
US Bank Cash +
Barclays NFL Visa
Citi ThankYou Preferred
BOA BankAmericard
AMEX Blue
Citi Dividend
Discover IT
Chase Freedom

Credit cards can be great, if you know how to use them for your advantage.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:salute:Great thread

I got a cap 1 Quicksilver from my early credit years. Barely use it except for recurring Ez pass shyt
Chase freedom which is pretty good. $200 sign up bonus. Right now Starbucks n grocery stores get 5% cash back
Amex everyday card $100 bonus for 1000 spend in 3 months. No annual fee Year free of Amazon prime
Amex gold card that I use almost strictly for business related expenses. Mediocre rewards, annual fee waived for first year. Might close it then get that premier rewards gold. Shoulda did that off rip :snoop:

Sugarbush

Sucka Free
Supporter
Daps
Bump

Just copped a Chase Freedom. Any brehs recommend I get the Sapphire joint as well?

What's the verdict on airline credit cards? Tryna figure out what's the best move for traveling...
:patrice:

Daps
Bump

Just copped a Chase Freedom. Any brehs recommend I get the Sapphire joint as well?

What's the verdict on airline credit cards? Tryna figure out what's the best move for traveling...
:patrice:
I have the capital one venture, Alaska airlines visa, and delta amex. With airlines cards the key is to get one that has a good intro bonus and loyalty programs. I got the capital one card last year with 35k bonus miles. Capital one is the most flexible because you can book travel via their site with your miles or book somewhere else and erase the charge. The downside is there no loyalty perks. So no free checked bags or comped upgrades. I got the delta airlines card about a month ago. 35k sign up bonus + 5000 miles that go toward advancing in their loyalty program. The thing with loyalty programs is that you get miles for flying and spending on that airline. So the more you fly the more you get.

Daps
I have the capital one venture, Alaska airlines visa, and delta amex. With airlines cards sign up for the key is to use get one that has a good intro bonus and loyalty programs. I got the capital one card last year with 35k bonus miles. Capital one is the most flexible because you can book travel via their site with your miles or book somewhere else and erase the charge. The downside is there no loyalty perks. So no free checked bags or comped upgrades. I got the delta airlines card about a month ago. 35k sign up bonus + 5000 miles that go toward advancing in their loyalty program. The thing with loyalty programs is that you get miles for flying and spending on that airline. So the more you fly the more you get.
Also if I spend a certain amount of money on my card i can get additional bonus miles. The best loyalty cards I know of are delta and United. I also found that delta has cross over points with spg, so that's a bonus for hotels. With my cards I use one card(delta Amex now) to pay for everything and pay off the balance at the end of the month. I rack up s ton of miles that way. The cards I don't use I haven't cancelled yet because it looks good on my credit history. For comprehensive comparisons on cards and deals check out the points guy.