What's your credit card setup like?

ll_simon

GQ MoTY Candidate
Daps
Reppin
#NJLives #LWO
Most positive thread I've ever seen in the coli, not a single troll/hate post yet. Big ups to everyone in here that contributed :salute:

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chase Freedom= $4300 limit. Balance: $0.
Best Buy= $2700 limit. Balance: $0.
Best Buy Mastercard= $2000 limit. Balance: $0.
Amex Green: $10000 limit. Balance: $0.
Bought and paid off car within 4.5 years. Never late.
Sallie Mae: :smh: Just started paying on my loans. Finna start doubling the payments.

My credit game skrong. I also have a standing offer for the Platinum Amex. I don't wanna pay that fee. And I don't buy enough to get the cash back to cover it. I just want the card as a status symbol and I understand it's not a smart financial move right now. Chase stay offering me one of their best cards...I forget the name.....
...Sapphire Preferred

Credit cards as status symbols? :why:

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
Trying to be about that Sapphire life :wow:
Chase-Sapphire-Preferred-55000-Point-Sign-Up-Offer.jpeg

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
i use it then zero out my balances after the purchases post. its better to use credit cards online as opposed to debit.
exactly debit cards are garbage. i only use mine when i want cashback or at an ATM. if your debit card gets compromised you could be out of whatever is in your checking account for a while. sure you can get it back but you'll have to wait till the bank sorts it out and have some downtime where your balance is screwed up. if a credit card gets compromised no real money is ever lost.

Mr.Black

An Honest Man
Daps
you nikkas can stop fronting RIGHT NOW

what nikkas you know walking around with credit cards, you know that are actually theirs and arent riddled with ridiculous amounts of debt?

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Would you rather your cash be tied up on a return or a dispute, or lose your cash versus just having to dispute a credit charge and possibly cancel a CC?

I've had a debit card since I was 19 at this point probably used it for thousands of transactions, never lost my cash, no idea how that could even happen. I have had disputes happens a couple of time but one call to the bank and they was taken care of

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I've had a debit card since I was 19 at this point probably used it for thousands of transactions, never lost my cash, no idea how that could even happen. I have had disputes happens a couple of time but one call to the bank and they was taken care of
Target just had a data breach where millions of cards were compromised. hell they tried to hide it. debit cards are too risky to justify using. consumer protection isn't exactly the same on them as credit cards especially when functionally you can get a credit card and treat it like you would a debit. set up auto-transfers and only buy what you have the cash to pay off immediately. debit cards are borderline worthless when you take that into account. in reality an ATM card is actually lest risky than a debit card.
you nikkas can stop fronting RIGHT NOW

what nikkas you know walking around with credit cards, you know that are actually theirs and arent riddled with ridiculous amounts of debt?
i know plenty of people who are both black and responsible enough to manage their spending.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:russ: o so wait credit card fraud don't exist? The term is called credit card for a reason

And as long as your debit card ain't from the bank of Somalia your money is federally insured if the worse were to happen

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:russ: o so wait credit card fraud don't exist? The term is called credit card for a reason

And as long as your debit card ain't from the bank of Somalia your money is federally insured if the worse were to happen
it does but the protection against it is better by law. if somebody wipes out my debit card my checking account is now empty and depending on how fast i noticed and reported it i could be responsible from $500 or up to the whole amount and even if i'm not held responsible it could take two weeks for the bank to get me my money back.

in the face of that what's the advantage over a credit card where at the worse i'm only responsible for a max of $50 and no real money is lost if it's compromised because it's credit not my bank account?

what benefits am i getting for that risk? none.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Chase Freedom= $4300 limit. Balance: $0.
Best Buy= $2700 limit. Balance: $0.
Best Buy Mastercard= $2000 limit. Balance: $0.
Amex Green: $10000 limit. Balance: $0.
Bought and paid off car within 4.5 years. Never late.
Sallie Mae: :smh: Just started paying on my loans. Finna start doubling the payments.

My credit game skrong. I also have a standing offer for the Platinum Amex. I don't wanna pay that fee. And I don't buy enough to get the cash back to cover it. I just want the card as a status symbol and I understand it's not a smart financial move right now. Chase stay offering me one of their best cards...I forget the name.....
...Sapphire Preferred

credit karma score 582

best buy = 300 limit. balance 200
bmi fcu =500 limit balance 490
chase= 500 limit balance 300
macys 900 limit balance 940

nikka step ya game up :laff:

:sadcam:

jk im working hard to get these down going to vegas march madness weekend money i dont spend(or money i win ) im coming back and getting theses balances down to 0