What's your credit card setup like?

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
:ohhh:

Damn breh, math don't lie. I've been against the credit cards with fees but this makes sense. Guess I'm going for the preferred.

my credit looking flabby here just because Capitol one wouldn't forgive me for 900 I didn't spend. They said that person showed my ID> It was not even mine. Now I have 900 sitting in my credit making me look bad. How I get rid of that brehs ?

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I've had my credit pulled part or background check for a job on two different occasions.

And if you don't have loans or debt or installment payments of any type, you will struggle to get financing on major purchases, this is a fact.

You don't NEED a shyt ton of cards, but to have one decent one is not the devil.

what kind of jobs where they? I am interested in knowing this cause like i said Ive had several jobs including two professional and one government one where am currently at and to my knowledge credit never been pulled, never been asked, Everyone that i know like me same thing.

I've had student loans in the past have one currently, probably only thing in the last 10 years ive had on "credit" , yea only major purchase I care about is a house, my credit score last time i checked was 675 or 695 dont recall which is "good" from what ive read, again since i pay for everything with my debit/cash dont care about my credit score

I said earlier we have one credit card which belongs to my girl $5,000 limit paid off and we don't use it for nothing , it just a emergency card , she has excellent credit 745 or 755 something and again that in itself says lot cause she has only owned this one card in her life, has owned two cars which have been paid for in cash, and no student loans ( had a scholarships for college)

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
Discover Card & my bank's credit card. I don't really see the need for more than 2 cards.

At a previous job I saw customers having balances of $10k-15k :huhldup: And there's a pretty good chance they have more than one card....and have probably maxed that one out too

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
what kind of jobs where they? I am interested in knowing this cause like i said Ive had several jobs including two professional and one government one where am currently at and to my knowledge credit never been pulled, never been asked, Everyone that i know like me same thing.

I've had student loans in the past have one currently, probably only thing in the last 10 years ive had on "credit" , yea only major purchase I care about is a house, my credit score last time i checked was 675 or 695 dont recall which is "good" from what ive read, again since i pay for everything with my debit/cash dont care about my credit score

I said earlier we have one credit card which belongs to my girl $5,000 limit paid off and we don't use it for nothing , it just a emergency card , she has excellent credit 745 or 755 something and again that in itself says lot cause she has only owned this one card in her life, has owned two cars which have been paid for in cash, and no student loans ( had a scholarships for college)
Both corporate jobs, one in NH, one in Massachusetts. My wife just had hers pulled as part of a background check for a $13 an hour admin job.

My mother decided to stop using credit, paid off her car, got rid fo every credit card she had and pays rent, doesn't own a home.

Her car died right after she spent a ton of her savings on helping my elderly grandmother move to a home. She had only one item, her 10 year old car loan, still reporting on her credit, and it actually had her at 0 for a score, aka, they had so little data on the consumer agency sites that they couldn't give her a score. Even with the reasonable amount of cash she still had in savings, I had to shop her at several dealerships and banks and supply a shyt ton of random ass earnings documents from the past several years to find a financier.....and she didn't have bad credit, just not enough for them to judge her and give her a good or prime rate.

Point is, you should have some credit history and it should be good, since you never know when your life or priorities will change and you might need it.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
If you dont participate in credit, you wont BE able to participate in credit.

So if you dont mind having NO credit score when that job you want pulls your credit file, or never want to buy a house or a car, keep on keepin on.
Just the thought of this makes my blood boil. You're being forced to participate in a system the you don't want to, even if you're really good with your finances.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Best Buy Credit Card>>>
back when i had a 600ish FICO score i applied for and got a Best Buy card and they gave me a $900 limit. I still occasionally use it for the points bonus but its a crappy card. the best deals you get are 24 month no interest if paid in full. That's cool and all but my other cards double the manufacture's warranty and i'm not willing to pass on that for extra long financing.

The Target Visa I have is the best store credit card. I don't think they even offer the Visa version now but even the instore only one gives an automatic 5% off on any purchase at their stores. here that negates the sales tax.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
2 Amex's (USAA & Blue Cash Preferred)
Amazon Visa
Barclays Visa
2 Capital One Mastercards

Why? I buy pretty much everything I can from Amazon, I like the protection plan and cash rewards of Amex, Barclays offers me 6-12 months 0% on all Apple products and the Cap One cards are almost older than some of the people who post here.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
@winb83 is there any specific card you would recommend for mostly online use. I don't like credit but I don't want to have my debit out there on the internets :whoa:

I'm also looking to stop carrying a lot of cash on me so I definitely have to get something.

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
Southwest Visa (You can earn free flights in no time, fcuk any other miles card)
Platinum Visa ( for the bank I work for 8% APR:yayo:)
Sears mastercard ( can use it anywhere, not just sears)