What's your credit card setup like?

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Amex Blue Cash- cashback is 3% on groceries 2% on gas and department stores 1% on every thing else. No annual fee. I use this card alot

US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature- unlike the Chase Freedom and Discover you choose your two 5% cashback categorizes of your choice and one 2% category.. I have mine set at 5% cashback at restaurants and cellphone payments. 2% set at gas stations. and 1% cashback on everything else. No annual fee. I use this card alot

BofA Travel Rewards Visa Signature- 1.5 points for every purchase. No annual fee. No foreign transaction fees, EMV chip to use in Europe, Canada, etc. mostly use this for big items, airfare, etc. The points redeem higher when you use them for travel related expenses

Citi Thank You Preferred World Mastercard- No annual fee. 2 points on entertainment, restaurants, 1 point on everything else. they gave me a bonus 3 month promotion where I get 5 points for groceries and gas stations so I've been using this one a little more lately.

-I pay my balances in full every month. The cashback really works if you pay in full every month simply because you kill off the cashback feature if you carry a balance and pay the high interest that most cashback cards have. I used to carry balances when I was younger. I don't use my debit card unless I absolutely have to. I use my credit cards instead. I'm debit card got hacked a few years ago and they got me for a couple of gees. I got my money back but it was a pain and a big hassle. So I use 'other peoples money' now. Plus the fraudulent charges policy on credit cards is way better than debit cards

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
One Credit Card (Visa - 1500 limit)
One Debit Card (Visa - what I mainly use - can run it as credit if need be)

That's it. :yeshrug:
Same shyt.
All that extra shyt and annual fees on a credit card:camby:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Don't own credit cards brehs you NEVER win with them. I own none anymore and don't plan on it, my girl has one which we owe nothing on has like a $5,000 limit and we only keep it in case of emergency.

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
@winb83 @Rickdogg44

why have cash back cards when you have to pay 75 dollars annual fee on the american express? its like getting cash back only to pay for the annual fee

i would cancel the american expresss

She easily spends $500 a month on groceries for the household. So we reach the $6,000 cap on the AMEX groceries cash back.

$6,000 x 6% = $360 if you take out the $75 then that is down to $285. And we still get 3% on gas and 1% on everything else. I don't know of any other card that has that great of a deal on groceries. Chase may offer 5% on groceries for a quarter of the year but they have a max of $1,500 (category limit similiar to the $6,000 amex one) if i remember correctly. I pay off every card in full every month so it is straight cash homie :randymoss:

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
They did identity theft on me wen I was 18,fukked my whole credit up,never had a credit card :stopitslime:
Straight cash everything,fukk I wish I had credit cards :sadcam:

Daps
She easily spends $500 a month on groceries for the household. So we reach the $6,000 cap on the AMEX groceries cash back.

$6,000 x 6% = $360 if you take out the $75 then that is down to $285. And we still get 3% on gas and 1% on everything else. I don't know of any other card that has that great of a deal on groceries. Chase may offer 5% on groceries for a quarter of the year but they have a max of $1,500 (category limit similiar to the $6,000 amex one) if i remember correctly. I pay off every card in full every month so it is straight cash homie :randymoss:

But why have multiple cards?

Amen to the bolded. I just have a single BOA visa card. I charge damn near EVERYTHING and pay it off each month. So it's almost like a debit card, without the risk.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
need more cards for more cashback and bonuses..

everybody should have a specific card for groceries/gas/restaurants.

biggest max on groceries is 6% (75annual).
gas biggest i seen is 5% no fee.
then another one with those rotating things (restaurants/online etc)
1 for everything else (min of 2% cash back on everything)