winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
so much gems here

but breh which chase card offers a 5% cashback
i downgraded from the chase sapphire after the initial signup bonus reward to a chase freedom unlimited
and thats only 2% rewards
where you seeing 5%?
so much gems here

but breh which chase card offers a 5% cashback
i downgraded from the chase sapphire after the initial signup bonus reward to a chase freedom unlimited
and thats only 2% rewards
where you seeing 5%?
Chase Freedom has rotating 5% categories every 3 months.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you spend enough to earn $500 cash back annually and simply invest all the cash back over 20 years at 8% average growth that’s $23K of money you left on the table to avoid credit cards. In your retirement that could buy you a decent car outright in cash. Add another 10 years to that and you’re at $57K

Keyword "if" you spend enough, which easily leads to frivolous spending, just to earn/invest $42/month? I'm looking to become a better saver and investor, but spending by incurring debt isn't part of my strategy. I've played with debt and lost, so once I'm debt free,I'll be done borrowing.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I have one card with a credit union. Contemplating getting a rewards card before the year is over to start receiving points back on purchases
2020 Update:

Scooped the Discover It card to dip my toes into cashback rewards. Currently I have $75 in cash back (aka $150 after Discover's 1st year match). Not sure what I'm going to spend the money on. Might put it towards a new (used) phone towards the end of 2021.

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
I was thinking about this topic. I want more cash back percentage without the annual fee. I don't feel my spend is enough to rationalize it.

Cap1 QS - Everday card (1.5%)
Cap1 Sav - Going out (3%)
Best Buy Visa - BBy Purchases (6%), Gas (3%), Groceries (2%)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Citi just launched a 5% cash back card with no annual fee. At the end of the month you get 5% cash back on your top spend catagory and 1% back elsewhere. It's month to month so to change your category just match your spending accordingly.

I don't need a new card but this is too useful not to apply for. It's pretty much a must have. For people that don't like the annual fee on the Blue Cash Preferred you can lose 1% cash back from 6% to 5% and get that 5% back on groceries up to $500 a month.

Hahahaha

All Star
Daps
Got rid of my CSR during the pandemic so just have:
Hilton/IHG/Marriot/Hyatt for the free night each year
United/Delta for checked bags

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Citi just launched a 5% cash back card with no annual fee. At the end of the month you get 5% cash back on your top spend catagory and 1% back elsewhere. It's month to month so to change your category just match your spending accordingly.

I don't need a new card but this is too useful not to apply for. It's pretty much a must have. For people that don't like the annual fee on the Blue Cash Preferred you can lose 1% cash back from 6% to 5% and get that 5% back on groceries up to $500 a month.

Which card?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Which card?
It's called Citi Custom Cash. Just launched today. About to apply.

Applied: They gave me a small limit of $4800. Let me use $500 of it today. Of course I put my 6 month car insurance premium on it for $422. Leaves me with $328 left to spend in 3 months to meet the minimum spend and get back $200.

Last edited:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's called Citi Custom Cash. Just launched today. About to apply.

Applied: They gave me a small limit of $4800. Let me use $500 of it today. Of course I put my 6 month car insurance premium on it for $422. Leaves me with $328 left to spend in 3 months to meet the minimum spend and get back $200.

I may apply. I actually just applied and got the Capital One Quicksilver for that bonus as well. I have an 800 credit score so I may just apply for this one and churn it too.

Thanks!

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Got rid of my CSR during the pandemic so just have:
Hilton/IHG/Marriot/Hyatt for the free night each year
United/Delta for checked bags

As much as I like the Reserve I've never applied for it because it's a hefty annual fee for my lifestyle. I don't do that much traveling compared to my GF and others. I tend to spend on food and small purchases but I like the travel points.

Plus I have the Chase Sapphire Preferred and the underrated Chase Ink Preferred which both have a $95 annual fee.