What's your credit card setup like?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I get that but I don’t like my points spread out. I want them coming back to the same place so that I can maximize their use/value.
Your points being spread out is irrelevant. On some of my cards I deposit the cash back directly into my checking. On others if they don’t allow that I use the points to reduce the balance on the card and transfer the money I would have made the payment with to that checking account.

To be honest most of the time I use my cash back to purchase shares of the ETF $SCHD in my brokerage account unless I have a specific purchase I want to make. I’m pure cash back I don’t travel so that might factor in.

If you use them for travel that changes things.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Your points being spread out is irrelevant. On some of my cards I deposit the cash back directly into my checking. On others if they don’t allow that I use the points to reduce the balance on the card and transfer the money I would have made the payment with to that checking account.

To be honest most of the time I use my cash back to purchase shares of the ETF $SCHD in my brokerage account unless I have a specific purchase I want to make. I’m pure cash back I don’t travel so that might factor in.

If you use them for travel that changes things.
Of course I use them for travel lol. And sometimes I even use Amex points to partially pay off expenses. I guess you don’t go anywhere then your strategy works. Otherwise, I don’t find it to be an effective use of points.

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
As far as my personal credit I have 9 credit cards and 6 lines of credit.

On the business credit side I have 6 business cards and 1 LOC.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Chase Sapphire for everyday shyt
Amex Plat for Travel and Big Purchases
An old Capital One for emergencies and the cash back offers.

More than that shyt starts to get excessive. Robbing Peter to pay Paul kinda set up. This is the easiest for me to manage and gives me the most benifits. My Delta points from Chase/Amex paid for like 80% me and my families vacay last year.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I applied and got the AAA Daily Advantage Visa for 5% cash back on Groceries and 3% at Warehouse Clubs.

Product changed my Citi Double Cash into a 2nd Citi Custom Cash and I’m putting all my streaming services, cable bill, phone bill on that for 5% cash back there.

Getting ready to downgrade my Amex Blue Cash Preferred to a Blue Cash Everyday. Will use the 3% back on online spend there as well as the Disney Bundle credit.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I applied and got the AAA Daily Advantage Visa for 5% cash back on Groceries and 3% at Warehouse Clubs.

Product changed my Citi Double Cash into a 2nd Citi Custom Cash and I’m putting all my streaming services, cable bill, phone bill on that for 5% cash back there.

Getting ready to downgrade my Amex Blue Cash Preferred to a Blue Cash Everyday. Will use the 3% back on online spend there as well as the Disney Bundle credit.
I'm thinking about getting a Citi Double Cash for the 2-3 times a year I travel.

Right now I'm getting nothing for airlines, hotels and rental cars except 1% cash back.

I already have two Citi Custom Cash cards. I use one for groceries and the other for restaurants.

I use my Amex Blue Cash Everyday for online purchases, streaming and phone bill.

I use Amazon prime Visa for Amazon purchases.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I just got an American Airlines card to use for a trip.

$200 cash back on my flight and then 75K bonus miles so my next flight is paid for :leon:

I also copped a Chase card that gives $200 back after spending $500. About to use that for a new phone or maybe a new Apple Watch 🤔

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I just got an American Airlines card to use for a trip.

$200 cash back on my flight and then 75K bonus miles so my next flight is paid for :leon:

I also copped a Chase card that gives $200 back after spending $500. About to use that for a new phone or maybe a new Apple Watch 🤔
Do you ever request random credit limit increases? Always a good way to up your credit score and ne able to get new cards.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Do you ever request random credit limit increases? Always a good way to up your credit score and ne able to get new cards.
Yeah always. My credit limits are insane right now 😅

I got like almost 200K worth of credit cards :dead:

Edit: 193,000 :dead: