What’s Y’all Job Title and What’s Y’all Salary?

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Damn. I gotta step my game up. Been in the fashion industry almost 20 years and making no money. Been looking to get out and find something new, but feel like all I know is the fashion and don't know where to begin. Got mouths to feed and where I live is far too expensive.

What is a good paying job for the average person with minimal education and skills? :flabbynsick:
Sales? I could never do it cause I don't have the gift of gab.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
:ehh: real 6 figure, 6 cert shyt

What was the entry position into your field?

And how long (years) did it take to get where yall at now?
Entry job was Financial Management Analyst. Back in 2012 made around 42k. 12 years later at $140k.

I was 35 years old. I didn't go to school until I was 30. After I graduated, I couldn't find a position where I lived at at the time (Indiana) so I relocated and took that job in North Carolina. Are relocated again in 2015 to the DC area.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Sales? I could never do it cause I don't have the gift of gab.
Man I can talk all day to people (If I have to), but relying on talking to people and convincing them to purchase something they might or might not want to purchase sounds awful. Got me feeling like Gill on The Simpsons.

200.gif

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
Aren't there different types of HVAC specialties?
Too many to name. Most common is residential of course but I'd hate to actually work for someone and do that cause your constantly running calls and upselling/lying to people.... shyt is a gross way to make money ....for another man on top of that:scust:

I much rather stay on refrigeration/commerical for my pay that residential shyt is good for side money though nothing like changing out a capicator in 45 minutes(20 spent bullshytting) for a quick $140

Only thing is refrigeration(supermarket keeping food cold) is hard to learn but if you get it you getting $$$

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Damn. I gotta step my game up. Been in the fashion industry almost 20 years and making no money. Been looking to get out and find something new, but feel like all I know is the fashion and don't know where to begin. Got mouths to feed and where I live is far too expensive.

What is a good paying job for the average person with minimal education and skills? :flabbynsick:

If you at least have your high school diploma you can probably go work at the post office :yeshrug:or possibly call center customer service

For something better than that you'll probably need at least some type of training or certs. Truckers make good money but you have to get your CDL.

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Entry job was Financial Management Analyst. Back in 2012 made around 42k. 12 years later at $140k.

I was 35 years old. I didn't go to school until I was 30. After I graduated, I couldn't find a position where I lived at at the time (Indiana) so I relocated and took that job in North Carolina. Are relocated again in 2015 to the DC area.
I'm assuming it was a math/numbers intensive degree. I'm good with numbers, but I know I would've had a tough time grinding thru that at 30.

Salute.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:ehh: real 6 figure, 6 cert shyt

What was the entry position into your field?

And how long (years) did it take to get where yall at now?
My first job I started at $55k base. I took what I could get to get my foot in the door. Didn't have a degree at the time so I thought I had less leverage.

I broke $90k about 2 years later. Then officially broke $100k (significantly) two years after that. I didn't want to do a lot of job hopping because I try to think 10+ years down the road and companies will like the fact I'm staying at places longer than two years.

6ixSigma

Pro
Daps
Customer support?

What does that mean

I am the Industrial, technical and commercial focal point for customers (think militaries, airlines, governments) for our manufactured products

This is a similar role to what I do (I did a quick search online)

Company: WESCO Aircraft
Title: Customer Program Manager
Description:

The Customer Program Manager is accountable for ensuring the strategic objectives of the Program are developed, implemented, and consistently executed to provide error-free, on-time delivery of high-quality products and optimum program profitability, while actively cultivating and sustaining valuable customer and supplier relationships.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
If you at least have your high school diploma you can probably go work at the post office :yeshrug:or possibly call center customer service

For something better than that you'll probably need at least some type of training or certs. Truckers make good money but you have to get your CDL.

Thought post office for a second. As for call center no thanks. Those jobs pay less than I'm already making. Truck driver not sure I could handle. Plus I have 3 kids at home so trying to be present for all of that.

Looking for a project manager role or something with Amazon or Microsoft as I'm out in Seattle where they are headquartered.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I'm assuming it was a math/numbers intensive degree. I'm good with numbers, but I know I would've had a tough time grinding thru that at 30.

Salute.
I majored in Accounting. I didn't even have to take calculus. I took trigonometry but left the class once I found out I didn't need it. The math in accounting is very basic.

Other than Accounting courses, I took statistics, finite math and corporate finance. I took an intermediate and advanced English course as well.