What’s Y’all Job Title and What’s Y’all Salary?

Menna

All Star
Daps
I have 4 sources of income the main one pays $128,000 … Director at construction company…I was promised a raise 3 years ago for taking on extra work still waiting :unimpressed:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I am the Industrial, technical and commercial focal point for customers (think militaries, airlines, governments) for our manufactured products

This is a similar role to what I do (I did a quick search online)

Company: WESCO Aircraft
Title: Customer Program Manager
Description:

The Customer Program Manager is accountable for ensuring the strategic objectives of the Program are developed, implemented, and consistently executed to provide error-free, on-time delivery of high-quality products and optimum program profitability, while actively cultivating and sustaining valuable customer and supplier relationships.
So you basically in a leadership position at a spot where they deliver essential aerospace equipment to gov entities

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Project Management, procurement, subcontracts, logistics/warehouse management, IT, Safety, Quality, HR, Finance,Food Service, flightline, the list goes on.

If you're prior service, there's a contract job for what you did in the military.

Look up companies like KBR, Fluor, Vertus and Amentum. Those are the big players.
What about jobs like renewable energy and radio frequencies(satellites, radars, gps)

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I had zero experience in the industry and started out in another role eventually moving into my current job. To answer your question directly, I was just really fortunate.

The industry itself is cyclical and safe in terms of job security but slow to hire if that makes sense. They’ll know they need people but won’t hire until they’re deep into a demand cycle.
I was thinking since the gov putting so much money into the industry and people like intel and tsmc complaining about not having enough workers I would imagine it should be decent demand

Even though I applied to intel and they never got back at me

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I'm a Black professor, so telling you what I teach is almost like giving out my name. It wouldn't be hard to find me after that. We only represent 5% of the academy.
Do you like being a professor?
How do you feel about teaching little kids or hs students, would it be better money?
Is this something you could see yourself doing forever if you had to, by forever I mean past retirement age?

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Damn. I gotta step my game up. Been in the fashion industry almost 20 years and making no money. Been looking to get out and find something new, but feel like all I know is the fashion and don't know where to begin. Got mouths to feed and where I live is far too expensive.

What is a good paying job for the average person with minimal education and skills? :flabbynsick:
What do you do in fashion?

How much money would a person need to start selling shyt, like if they wanted to sell hoodies and t shirts?

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
What do you do in fashion?

How much money would a person need to start selling shyt, like if they wanted to sell hoodies and t shirts?

I work for a major retailer in a photo studio. Work with brands to get their clothing shot for the website. That's the simple explanation.

As for the 2nd question. I actually have no idea. Not a world I know much about. Probably need some upfront money to get the materials made and printed on. Next you'd need to get your brand out to the world. Instagram is a good way to do that, but if you are looking to get your stuff sold in stores most likely you'd need to go to one of the big trade shows in LA or Vegas. Booths for this run like 5K.