What’s Y’all Job Title and What’s Y’all Salary?

Daps
:pachaha:i'm good breh. I ain't bout to do math on 500+ posts for the simple answer of how many years it took to get to your level now.

I already gave you the time frame when I first responded :dwillhuh:

I told you 2 years. I was saying if you want to track my journey, you could do that with my posts.

I'm not sure what the disconnect is :patrice:

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
to the brehs here doing DOD contracting in Asia... how did you get on? cuz that's the path I want to head down.. I was stationed in Korea for 2 years...so Ideally if I get a job at Osan or Youngsan...ill take it...or the big army base that was finished years ago...forgot the name...might be Humfries or something... but Japan is my preference...since I was there for 3 years... I just don't know the big companies out there...got out the military 10 yrs ago

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Nah nobody spoon fed me :camby:
You about to get spoonfed by @DeeezNuts if you ain't careful
full

Daps
Reppin
Old School Players to New School Fools
I am older than most of you…however will drop a couple of bits of info:

1, I was a senior VP veteran at JP Morgan and was on terrible money. So don’t believe the banking hype. Pay scales at these places are broken often in a bad way.
2, People lie about salary, they round it up, add total comp. I know way more people that lie about salary than tell the truth. Especially to women.
3, Because or tax brackets, really once you get to 100k GBP or $130k USD you would take stock options. We have a ceiling.
4, There are plenty of jobs where making out you earn good money is part of the finesse. HR, Talent Firms, Real Estate, any and every Pyramid- all the same.
5, Linkedn is like a k1ss ass contest to network. The genuine honest people earning good money mostly have blank / limited profiles.
The more detail on the profile, the more the fake hard sell. `I also find people that are very active on it are full of sh1t ahe are playing the long game fake sell also. Recruiters profiles are all lies btw.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Damn. I gotta step my game up. Been in the fashion industry almost 20 years and making no money. Been looking to get out and find something new, but feel like all I know is the fashion and don't know where to begin. Got mouths to feed and where I live is far too expensive.

What is a good paying job for the average person with minimal education and skills? :flabbynsick:

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
:ehh: real 6 figure, 6 cert shyt

What was the entry position into your field?

And how long (years) did it take to get where yall at now?
Made a pivot to govt contracting in my mid 20s and started out at 56k. Got a promotion every 2 years or less plus A few raises with initial employer. Got fed up with contracting resigned as a manager and took a year off then became a direct hire with another employer with excellent benefits and a promotion in 6 months. God most def looked out for my mostly lazy ass :banderas:

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
Key Account Developer for private equity media company.

I handle our largest accounts - JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Blackstone, BlackRock etc

Not going to disclose salary but I’ll say I make a good living.

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
This is related to the post but more so a general question

What type of contracting jobs is overseas?

Project Management, procurement, subcontracts, logistics/warehouse management, IT, Safety, Quality, HR, Finance,Food Service, flightline, the list goes on.

If you're prior service, there's a contract job for what you did in the military.

Look up companies like KBR, Fluor, Vertus and Amentum. Those are the big players.

Daps
How did you get that job?

Do you notice if they hiring a lot for the industry, for techs ,engineers ,etc.
I had zero experience in the industry and started out in another role eventually moving into my current job. To answer your question directly, I was just really fortunate.

The industry itself is cyclical and safe in terms of job security but slow to hire if that makes sense. They’ll know they need people but won’t hire until they’re deep into a demand cycle.